“Excellent stay”
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
Ranked #24 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for one night during my business trip. I stayed here earlier trip and I must say its very good. Airport pick up was not prompt, we need to wait long and was getting irritated, nut once inside the hotel, everything were good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. While we are glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us, we regret any inconvenience caused to yourself due to the delay in your airport pick-up.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I know one should have a level head before writing a review. Let me start with the good. Rooms are very nice, big and comfortable ... so, that's great. Lobby and overall hotel is in good shape. Close to airport, etc. Lots of goodness you would expect of a Grand Hyatt.

On check in, there was not much of a line ... just 1 person ahead of me. The staff decided to take me to the club lounge to check in instead. Made no sense. I walked down a few halls, elevator, more halls, to a desk outside the lounge. In that time, I am sure the 1 person ahead of me would have been in his room and I would have been done checking in. No sense at all.

But what irritated me, was the restaurant being closed. I had been here before and their buffet venue was pretty good, so I was looking forward to sampling some Indian food and such. Price was fair, which is odd for a Hyatt. A lady blocking the door pretty rudely told me its closed today for a function, and if I wanted to eat, I'd have to find somewhere else ... pointing to the restaurants down the hall. Maybe out of the hundreds of staff they have roaming the lobby I picked the rude one, who knows, but it irritated me to no end. I went to my room instead.

The checkin process and being turned down from the restaurant by their bouncer just left me with a bad taste in my mouth on the whole place. Hope I will get over it in the morning. Will see.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your feedback. While we are happy to know that you liked our hotel, the overall quality of accommodation we offer and the close proximity of our hotel from the airports, we are disappointed to hear that you were discomforted by the check-in procedure and your interaction with one of our colleagues from the restaurant team.

We regret any inconvenience caused to yourself because of the same. Please be rest assured, your feedback shall be duly communicated across to the concerned teams.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at Grand hyatt for a short business trip and really liked the ambiance. The breakfast was just awesome and the location was also very good as the airport is nearby and its connected to Western Highway which takes you to rest of the Mumbai :). The Rooms were very spacious and the bed is comfortable. all this comes at a very genuine price :)

1 Thank I_am_Max
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked your dining experience over breakfast, the convenient location of our hotel from the airport and the various business and entertainment hubs around the city and the overall quality of accommodation.

New Delhi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

the facilities at the property are very good . Staff extremely courteous and helpful.its a pleasure hosting dinner here. The guest feel nice & pampered by the staff both at the grand club and restaurants.They love the Chinese restaurant

Room Tip: A Club room with lounge facilities is excellent value for money
1 Thank Rakesh_9
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. It gives us much joy in knowing that you liked the overall facilities we provide, the service extended by our associates around the hotel; especially at Grand Club and at our restaurants and your dining experience at China House.

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Bilaspur, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed during the weekend.. the room was very spacious and comfortable as I was staying alone... room service is prompt and the staff were very nice... check-in was smooth, hassle-free.. gym was superb.. very neat.. enjoyed my evening work-outs. The best part was that i was running late after checking out and i thought i'll miss my flight.. but thankfully the guy at the concierge called up his colleague at the airport and he kept my boarding pass, i was able to board the flight.

Looking forward to the next stay!

Room Tip: Don't miss out on China House!
1 Thank Rituraj_Explorer
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are glad to hear that you liked the overall quality of accommodation we offer, hassle-free check-in and check-out procedures at the hotel, fitness facilities we offer our guests at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa and the service extended by our associates around the hotel; especially our colleagues at the Concierge desk who were able to assist you with your travel plans.

Wenonah, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my 3rd stay at the Grand Hyatt after previously staying at the JW. The hotel itself is ideally situated for easy travel and is relatively close to the airport from a time perspective - 20 mins in light traffic. The exterior of the hotel is a little weather beaten but under repair. The interior is immaculate. I enjoy the layout of the rooms in that it situated the bathroom and closet in a way that provides a buffer from hallway noise which is important when you are sleeping days as I do in Mumbai. This trip I only had breakfast in the hotel - American style. The eggs, bacon, and breads were all very well done. The potato serving was smallish but not unsatisfying. The coffee was my only complaint in that it was not as hot as I prefer and some grounds had escaped into the pot - not a deal breaker. I used the fitness center and found the staff super attentive, the equipment up to expectations and the space never too crowded which is not always the case during certain hours in a business hotel. I did make use of the spa and had a marvelous massage that helped ease the aches of the long journey in. Special recognition to Sandeep who looked after my room daily and always did an excellent job ensuring everything was clean and nothing (not even my own messes) were out of place. My next stop is the Hyatt Regency in Chennai so I will provide an update on my preferred Hyatt property in India shortly thereafter.

Room Tip: take note of any construction in the area and request a room away from it if possible.
1 Thank Todd W
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us again. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the convenient location of the hotel, overall quality of accommodation we offer, your dining experience over breakfast, the fitness and spa facilities at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa and the service extended by our associates around the hotel. We shall certainly convey your kind feedback to our colleague Sandeep.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Always stay at this hotel. Very close to the airport and can be in bed within 20 minutes of leaving the airport.
Food selection is good, but a little expensive. However, I only eat in the hotel since I have never gotten ill from the food inside the hotel.
Staff to guest ratio must be 2:1 at least! There is an abundance of people all over the place making sure you are well taken care of.
One of the best deals about this hotel is the long-stay offer for 7 nights or more: well worth it! Includes Internet, breakfast, airport transfers and laundry discount. Since I never come for less than a week, I always luck out on this great deal.
Pool is relaxing. Health club and spa facilities are very good. Only thing lacking is a sundries store for drinks, snacks or magazines.
This hotel is not in South Mumbai so you will need to drive a while to get to many central sites or locations, however for convenience to the airport and offices in the north, this is a great location and suits me very well.

Room Tip: Rooms I have stayed in have all been quiet, never too much noise. Inside facing rooms might be the...
1 Thank mikeyg624
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback and for choosing to stay with us during your visits to the city. We are really glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and like the convenient location of our hotel from the airport and various business and entertainment hubs around the city, your dining experience at our award-winning outlets, service extended by our associates around the hotel, the Long Stay offer which you make use of during your stays at Grand Hyatt Mumbai and overall fitness, pool and spa facilities at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa.