“Experience true to its name...Grand!”
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
Ranked #25 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited Grand Hyatt Mumbai last week for a short stay of one night...As the name suggests itself, its gives you Grandeur feeling moment you enter the lobby. Very professional and courteous staff. Room are extremely well appointed and serves your every basic need well. Since the hotel size is big, pls expect a good amount to walk to your room ;).

On touring the property, I could notice the plaster of the building getting off from many places, which was not too good a sign from view of maintaining 5 star property...but apart from this aspect, there was nothing negative even minutely. Tried their Italian restaurant - Celini and it was truly nice to experience....though the Hotel's primary highlight is Fifty Five East - Buffet Restaurant.

All in all, a delightful experience which you normally expect from Hyatt properties.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ethan_hunt14
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your short stay with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, service extended by our friendly staff, our spacious lobby area and your dining experience at our award winning Italian restaurant Celini and at multi-cuisine restaurant Fifty Five East.

After a distinguished presence on the hospitality front for the past 10 years, we are currently undergoing renovation around the hotel and are happy to tell you that we are in final phase of renovation. You may have also noticed that we have commenced renovation work on the façade of our hotel.

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently visited Mumbai India where I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai Santa Cruz. Great hotel and the staff if second to none from the door man to house keeping. My most favorite part of the hotel is the Club Lounge. If you ever have a chance to visit please go there to the lounge and witness the hospitality and the professionalism of;
Rekha
One of the most pleasant young lady that I have ever met. She will go out of her way to make you feel welcome. Thank you Ms Rekha for your hospitality.

Yadnya
Ms Yadnya is a very quiet young lady but went out of her way for me and all the other guest. Even though she worked the night shift, she was always will to make sure your request were immediately taken care of.

Anubhuti
Nice young lady who manage the Club Lounge great smile and always professional and polite.

All the guys listed below are like my brothers now and the treated me like I was part of their family and I will be forever eternally grateful to all of them.

Alex
Deepak
Yogesh
Navneet
Adwait
Rajesh
Gavin

My two friends down at the reception desk once they greet you and show you to your room and around the hotel you will understand why I said second to none.

Anjal
Joyti

Room Tip: Grand Club Room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TeeMoney2014
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and the service extended by our staff made a difference to make your stay memorable.

In addition, it gives us much joy in knowing that you liked the facilities being offered at our exclusive Grand Club lounge and suggest it to your fellow travellers. We shall certainly convey your feedback to our associate mentioned in your comment.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

First rate hotel for us but you must pay. The rooms are so comfy and we found all; the staff helpful. Breakfast and all meals are good but you are spoiling yourself when you afford to pay the prices for the hotel. But you do get what you pay for and it IS good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tegan m
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, the service extended by our staff around the hotel and your dining experience was met with your expectations.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Comfortable hotel, clean rooms and toilet.
Choice of restaurants, but very expensive, a buffet dinner for Rs 2300, seems quite high.
Lovely hotel decor.
Near the domestic terminal & business aircraft terminal from gate 8.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on higher floor, for better view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sanjay744

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, the convenient location of our hotel, the ambiance around the hotel and the range of dining options that we have to offer.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Not much to say about this typical 5 star from an emerging country. Very efficient and services/extras are very expensive. I paid 12 dollars for an espresso coffee in the lobby, which is the highest I have paid worldwide, including Florian's in San Marco square in Venice! Breakfast is very good, all is very efficient, particularly if you consider you are in India. Close to the airport, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, the convenient location of our hotel from the airport and your breakfast experience at our multi cuisine restaurant Fifty Five East was met with your expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Biggest mistake of having a prepaid booking....I was stuck ....nothing was fine.....
1. I call hotel to make a booking but m straight denied saying reservation is closed so I cant make a booking and no one else can help me except reservation so I hv no other option to wait for reservation to open nxt day at 0530 hrs.....
2. I make a prepaid booking via agoda at around 2200 hrs but till nxt mrng 1000 hrs no one is able to conf my bkg in hotel even after gvng all required details .....
3. I speak to the dutymanager Bhushan who promised to check and call bac in fifteen mins but I don't get any call fr nxt one hr ...I call bac and the dutymanager refuses to come on call saying is busy with another gst and wld call bac.....thankfully he calls after 10 mins ..... 4. I make a special request tht its my wifes birthday to which m promised of a complimentary cake and chocolate in room by bhushan but at checkin when I conf the same with bhushan thn he informs me tht he couldn't arrange and if I want it wld b on charge (come on buddy ths u cld hv inf me in advance b4 cmng u had my number and knew I wld check in by 1230 hrs u shld hv calld and said tht comp won't b possible and xyz wld b the rate and arranged the same on my approval)
5. After checkin I call operator to check for wifi to which m told its complimentary.... but cant log in due to poor network ....I go to the front desk for the same and they tell me internet is chargable ( surprised to get two different ans ) later my wifi is made comp
6. Even after clearly mentioning tht its my wifes birthday I get a call and bouquet in my name and staff is wishing me insted of my wife
7. At a round 1900 hrs I keep my cell phone fr charging at front desk and till 2200 hrs my cell is nit even half charged
8. As my wifi was not working evening dutymanager deepika promises to sent a systems guy to check but no one comes fr 40 mins
9. I m offered a comp breakfast by deepika but coffee shop has no information....also in between when I n my wife go to pick some bakery item our table is cleared and theres another guest....we are apologised and gst to moved to another table
10. As my cell was not charged i had to give fr charging which I do before going fr bf but ths time its more bad ....when I go to take my cell bac aftr an hr its not even charged 1% I couldn't even switch on my cell...... I thn leave tht fr more half n hr
11. I call operator n ask mahesh to send my cell which was kept with fd fr charging and requested him not to ring my bell insted knock the door as my eight mnts old son was sleeping....but the lady who brings my cell rings the door bell as she was not informed.................................
The only good thing was the room, food and the pool.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rishi K

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are extremely sorry to hear that you were discomforted during your stay with us and sincerely regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to you and your family.

Please be rest assured that our staff is committed to ensuring that our esteemed guests such as yourself have a truly enjoyable experience at Grand Hyatt Mumbai every time and your feedback has been communicated to the concerned departments. You may reach out to me on david.mansfield@hyatt.com.

We once again regret any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us and assure you that this is not typical of the otherwise high standards we aim to achieve. We sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city so that we can regain your confidence in some way or the other.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel and I had an excellent experience this time as well. We stayed in the Executive Club room and it was very clean, spacious and hygienic. They have complimentary tea/coffee all day and also Cocktails/Drinks from 6-8 pm for the guests staying in these room. The food was great as well and there were absolutely no complaints. The staff of this hotel have really maintained the standards of Hyatt.
The service provided by Mr Yogesh Araukar at the Executive Club Lounge was very good and very professional.
All in all it was an amazing stay and I definitely recommend this hotel for a luxurious and memorable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimbaSG
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. It gives us much joy in knowing that you have enjoyed all your stays with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, the service extended by our associates around the hotel and the exclusive benefits of access to our Grand Club Lounge.

We shall certainly convey your feedback to our associate mentioned in your comment. It gives us much delight in knowing that you would recommend our hotel based on your memorable experience.