“Great location - would go back for sure”
Review of Hotel Sea Princess

Hotel Sea Princess
Ranked #94 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 12 December 2008

I was in Mumbai mid september and this hotel was a pleasant surprise. From the time we checked in we had great service, a lovely refurbished room - great food there and great location. I agree with the other review that the Sikh doormen who gave you the most amazing smile could only set you up for a lovely day! We were close enough to many main attractions and they accomodated all requirments and were very helpful. I would recomment it and hope to go back.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Minalgundecha, Owner at Hotel Sea Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sea Princess, Mumbai and taking your time out to share your experience with us through Tripadvisor! with such lovely words.

We are happy that you have had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the beautiful view of the Arabian Sea and the near by shopping and location.
We have noted that you were happy with all our services and in room amenities same has been shared with our Team.

Reviewed 12 October 2008

My sister and I stayed at the Sea Princess for 5 days. We loved it. The room was beautiful, the staff were fantastic and the location was great.
Whilst all the staff were amazing, helpful and friendly. I need to mention the wonderful Sikh doormen. They were so warm and welcoming that we felt like we were coming home each night. By the time we left they had become family.
I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

We're going back next year!!

• Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed 23 September 2008

I've been for one day at this hotel because i missed my plane and wanted to have rest...I pay quite an expensive price for india ( about 200 us $) and i had the baddest service i ever have in this kind of hotel.

The room was very noisy because of workers at the floor above. i called the reception 3 times to complain, they all the time told me that it was going to stop without any effects.

at the last time i've been to the reception and finally they gave me another room....

effectively there were no noise but the room was horrible. very old bathroom. certainely not a 200 $ room. at the check out when i ask for a discount, they just say no.

The manager there is incompetent, not commercial they no nothing about service.

NEVER AGAIN....

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank zoowee
Reviewed 21 April 2008

Bad bits:
------------
I would class this hotel as a 4 star.

The Room we paid for would class as 2/3 star, when priced like a 7 star. Bathroom badly maintained, all lights not working so shaving is difficult, bathtub does not drain water quick enough, mould around bath tub.

Lift has dangerous step (marble floor raised by 2 inches), and you could easily trip.

Reception do not great you with a smile, and look like they are being forced to work. This puts your off, and you do not feel like arroaching them.

Wake up call not reliable, as we missed our morning call. Luckily I was already awake, else we would have missed our flight. Apparently the wrong room received the call instead, even though I confirmed the Room numnber, and the phone on reception displays the number.

Good bits:
--------------

Door men provide very friendly welcome
Bell boys provided friendly service
Restaurant food great, and good value for money
Housekeeping provide friendly service

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank BKnet
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Overall impression of this place is that it is way overpriced for what you get. I wouldn't even rate it as 4 stars. The rooms need renovation. They have a central console to control all electrics which emits a loud beep every time you turn anything on/off - this cannot be disabled, even at night. The console went into melt down one evening so the lights & fan could not be turned off. This was fixed after an hour and the same problem returned much later in the night. After another hour, the electricians suggested they remove all the bulbs!!! But the fan was still spinning at full speed. This was rectified after I refused to stay in a room without any light bulbs. A couple of days later I had no hot water in the morning. Internet access in the business centre is on antiquated PCs and very slow. The girls at reception were miserable and made mistakes with money transactions every time.

The breakfast buffet is dirty, unhygenic and the service is shockingly bad.

I requested to meet the manager 3 days before my check-out and reminded them at least twice a day mentioning that I did not want to discuss this during check-out as I had a flight to catch. The lobby management messed me around to the point of rudeness and eventually I met the manager during check-out. He was very keen to hide in his office and not deal with me. I had to rush in the end without a proper resolution as I was getting late for my flight. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a deliberate tactic on their part. I have emailed them twice without any acknowledgement.

The Sea Princess spoiled my stay in Mumbai. There are many other hotels there which provide much better value.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank UJD
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Quiet black sand beach with dolphins, oxcarts and fishing boats. This is the only hotel on this serene beach with hillocks in the background. The small Hotel is a short drive away from the Harnai Fish Auction (bunder) which is a sight to behold and a cultural experience not be missed! And this is a great place to pick up discount seafood for dinner. The quaint and ancient village is built on a natural harbor (with an ancient light house) with two 15th century forts to visit--one on the mainland (Goa Killa) and one on a rock island out in the ocean (Suvarnadurgh). This is about two and a half hours drive from Mahabaleshwar where you can eat strawberries and cream all year round. The hotel was clean, clean and the staff was helpful. Power does go out as with all of this area so be flexible. AC rooms with cable TV were nicest, but the weather was cool enough not to need AC. We swam in the sandy beach but the dark sand might not be an attractive swim for everyone. It is better to drive your own car in order to get around --but know that there is no provision for drivers to stay here. There are a few other hotels 5 min. drive away, if you want to sample their cooking (like the Murud Beach Resort), but we liked the reasonalbly priced food at Sea Princess best.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2007

To access the internet, you buy a card from the lobby. That took me one hour to make work with the help of their “technical” man the evening I arrived. The next morning it wasn’t working again, so they had to reboot their server. Later in the day, again the service was denied, even though there was sufficient credit left on the account. I called the service provider this time who confirmed there was sufficient credit and who forwarded me to their technical department. They immediately said I needed to contact the hotel and hung up! Once again the “technical” guy sat with me. After 40 minutes he could not make it work and gave up.

On the positive side, the hotel refunded the entire amount for the internet access card. However, if you are travelling on business you don’t have time to mess with such stupid archaic methods to send and receive e-mail. Give it a miss and save the frustration.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business