“Many happy Returns”
Review of Hotel Godwin

Hotel Godwin
Ranked #123 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have had another fabulous 4 days at The Godwin and it just gets better and better.
Lots of improvements noted and the staff no longer constantly want tips. Mr Singh is fun and the staff on the desk helpful and pleasant .Our room was spotless and the the bathroom one of the best we have encountered on our extensive travels in India .Of course the location could not be better and as long as the standard remains we will always choose to stay at The Godwin .

Room Tip: Upper floors for view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My friends and I travelled from Australia and stayed at the Godwin hotel in April 2014, very clean and tidy rooms, great views, in a great location, walking distance to some great shopping and close to the sea. Staff very friendly and possessing a great sense of humour. Great value too, would recommend highly! Great food and rooftop bar and dining.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room,with great views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Excellent place for stay in Mumbai Colaba area.
Location was good as its near to colaba. Nice rooms with good infra.
Food was excellent i especially liked kababs.The service of the hotel was good and fast.
Room service was quick and efficient and is truly a Home away from Home.
Thanks to the hotel staff for making my stay so comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here on 3 March 2014. Met by Mr Singh at the reception who recognised me from our December 2009 stay. He gave me a room at 7.30am (the check-in time being 1200 noon) without any extra charge. Mr Singh, thank you for your kind gesture. The other reception attendants with whom I later interacted were okay but nowhere near Mr Singh's personality. A taxi was arranged to take me around Mumbai that day and to Nashik and Shirdi the following day and back. The driver, Shera, turned out to be a talkative fellow, always in a rush and more concerned about his other Dubai, Bangalore, etc, clients, who 'kept ringing for him to take them out in an hours notice'. Despite me having hired this cabby's vehicle for the whole day on agreed charges, this fellow always was in a rush to get to his other 'clients'. His laid back attitude (such as 'I will try to come at your time of 8.30am unless I sleep late Sirji') was not pleasant and I had to put my foot down.
My room at Godwin had seen much better days, the shower was defective and overall, the price was way high above actual value. Waiters in the breakfast restaurant were more keen to serve the fair skinned tourists. Certainly I did not get moneys worth at Godwin this time. Upon return from Shirdi, checked into a hotel in Juhu which turned out to be better value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed here because it was close to colaba area, you can walk around to attractions, my initial hotel room was dirty, i arrived late at night & was not impressed, but they shifted me to another room, the area to lift is awkward, as its close to reception, seems congested, my 2nd night stay I got a better room, with handwash, as lower level rooms don't portray such luxuries, i also had some view of the ocean, management was quiet friendly to me, I didnt enjoy the breakfasts, for majority foreigners staying at the Godwin, i expected more on the breakfast side, the cereal dispenser was broken, I didn't like the indian dishes for breakfast in the am, breakfast area didn't look clean, i would say as first time in Mumbai, try & book 5 star so worth it!! This was average stay, they were accomadating to me, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PrettyP1979
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in Hotel Godwin for my last 2 nights in India, and I am delighted I did! It was by far the best hotel experience I had in my 2 month trip. The room was clean, as was the bathroom which was up to western standards. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant was fantastic, and the views from the roof top were in themselves reason enough to stay at this hotel! I would highly recommend staying here. Location wise a brilliant choice too.

Room Tip: The first room I was shown was on the 4th floor and I didn't like it, but the room I was offered...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After a two-week tour of Rajasthan and Aurangabad, we ended our trip with one night at Hotel Godwin. We had two rooms on the second floor. They were dirty with mold and cockroaches in the bathroom. The location and roof-top restaurant were great but don't make up for the dirt and run-down state of the hotel, the lumpy mattress, the below-average breakfast and the poor service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family