“Comfortable”
Review of Hotel Godwin

Hotel Godwin
Ranked #132 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Nagpur
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had to undertake a short business trip to Bombay and was literally required to be there less than a day. I chose this hotel because of proximity to where I had to go. Decent hotel and quite comfortable. Good location and good value for money. comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights during our stay in Mumbai. Perfect location (close to the Gateway of India, the sea and the shopping area) and spacious and clean room and bathroom.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our flight back home was late in the evening and the staff offered us a shower before leaving for the airport as we had checked out in the morning and it was very hot weather. That's excellent service! I would definitely stay at hotel Godwin again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have had another fabulous 4 days at The Godwin and it just gets better and better.
Lots of improvements noted and the staff no longer constantly want tips. Mr Singh is fun and the staff on the desk helpful and pleasant .Our room was spotless and the the bathroom one of the best we have encountered on our extensive travels in India .Of course the location could not be better and as long as the standard remains we will always choose to stay at The Godwin .

Room Tip: Upper floors for view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My friends and I travelled from Australia and stayed at the Godwin hotel in April 2014, very clean and tidy rooms, great views, in a great location, walking distance to some great shopping and close to the sea. Staff very friendly and possessing a great sense of humour. Great value too, would recommend highly! Great food and rooftop bar and dining.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room,with great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Excellent place for stay in Mumbai Colaba area.
Location was good as its near to colaba. Nice rooms with good infra.
Food was excellent i especially liked kababs.The service of the hotel was good and fast.
Room service was quick and efficient and is truly a Home away from Home.
Thanks to the hotel staff for making my stay so comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here on 3 March 2014. Met by Mr Singh at the reception who recognised me from our December 2009 stay. He gave me a room at 7.30am (the check-in time being 1200 noon) without any extra charge. Mr Singh, thank you for your kind gesture. The other reception attendants with whom I later interacted were okay but nowhere near Mr Singh's personality. A taxi was arranged to take me around Mumbai that day and to Nashik and Shirdi the following day and back. The driver, Shera, turned out to be a talkative fellow, always in a rush and more concerned about his other Dubai, Bangalore, etc, clients, who 'kept ringing for him to take them out in an hours notice'. Despite me having hired this cabby's vehicle for the whole day on agreed charges, this fellow always was in a rush to get to his other 'clients'. His laid back attitude (such as 'I will try to come at your time of 8.30am unless I sleep late Sirji') was not pleasant and I had to put my foot down.
My room at Godwin had seen much better days, the shower was defective and overall, the price was way high above actual value. Waiters in the breakfast restaurant were more keen to serve the fair skinned tourists. Certainly I did not get moneys worth at Godwin this time. Upon return from Shirdi, checked into a hotel in Juhu which turned out to be better value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed here because it was close to colaba area, you can walk around to attractions, my initial hotel room was dirty, i arrived late at night & was not impressed, but they shifted me to another room, the area to lift is awkward, as its close to reception, seems congested, my 2nd night stay I got a better room, with handwash, as lower level rooms don't portray such luxuries, i also had some view of the ocean, management was quiet friendly to me, I didnt enjoy the breakfasts, for majority foreigners staying at the Godwin, i expected more on the breakfast side, the cereal dispenser was broken, I didn't like the indian dishes for breakfast in the am, breakfast area didn't look clean, i would say as first time in Mumbai, try & book 5 star so worth it!! This was average stay, they were accomadating to me, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo