“Wouldnt recomend it”

Hotel Om Residency
Ranked #273 of 397 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
“Wouldnt recomend it”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here as close to airport but that is its only positive quality. my room was downsairs and very noisy as you could hear reception phone calls and doors opening and closing all night I didnt find the staff helpful at all They just wanted commision for getting taxis and autos When i was waiting in reception a guest asked for a taxi and guest paid 500 rupees for fare to hotel then they paid taxi driver about 300 rupees. I asked to be at airport for 1130am i was still waiting in reception at 1130 and was told taxi coming in 5 mins At 1150 I said I had an international flight and they started calling an auto I said it was advertised as a taxi service to airport but by then I just wanted to get there, I was dropped off some distance from departures as autos not allowed in main airport drop off So had to walk with heavy bag so not reliable transfer service I could have missed my flight
I dont think $54 is cheap at all for this hotel and the staff need some customer service training maybe the lady in reception could smile too I wouldnt recomend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marion E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
udaipur
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I am from a hotel in the city of lakes so i wanted to book a friendly and family tp hotel , called before 25 days to book a room and i felt the attander was so good with the infmtn .

i will be there in few days so what will be ? i really hope would be superb stay ...
booked a room for family

Room Tip: MY friend FRD STAY IN room no220
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

THE PLUS:
- proximity of airport
- price
- transfers included
- relatively clean by indian standards
- room service with good indian food
- nice staff speaking english and hassle-free
- free wifi (hectic connection in rooms, works well in the reception lobby)

THE MINUS:
- small rooms and not corresponding to that shown on pictures when booking. They name it "executive" rooms, I don't see anything executive (see pictures).
- musty smell
- overpricey beer
- reliability of airport transfer: they were not waiting for me at airport as requested, but sent a taxi after the airport authority staff called them.
For the way back to airport I asked for taxi at 1030am and it was not at the hotel even at 1100am. Though, after I was insisting quite a lot, they arranged me another way to airport, but it was really short to take my plane. Allow plenty of time for airport transfer: they say it's 10min drive, but it takes much more with traffic jam (30-45min)!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel to visit the city of Mumbai as the city center is 1h drive from here. Th...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
mwanza tanzania
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Hi All! I ended up in Om by luck apparently it was good money value deal in a place where is close almost everywhere in Bombay. Staff was so so friendly and help full with reward the typical Indian quality of the room. Rooms are small but clean great value for budget travellers. Funny room was with a window but widow was on corridor ;))) I like it there ;)

Room Tip: my room was number 220 and it was cooles then the other i seen ;)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellowlady76
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed here for two days. This property is located 5-6 kms away from Andheri railway station. Location of this hotel is not so great and rooms are poorly ventilated. Rooms are not so clean and neat and bed/pillow covers were not changed after previous guests had checked out. It was changed after our repeated requests. Hotel staffs are not so friendly and spoke very rudely when we asked to change the bed covers. Rooms are very small and are not sound proof. Only good thing about this hotel is they have complimentary airport pick and drop.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vandana_S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I pre-booked this at the last minute through the airport service for my final 10 hours in India, needing somewhere to rest after a month of travel and needing to be at Mumbai airport at 2am. It was the only option presented to me by the airport agency (when I asked for close to the airport, nice, with wifi, and with restaurants nearby -eg. not in an industrial estate or in the middle of nowhere). I was incredibly disappointed. Only one room has a window, and it is a single looking out on to a wasteland and car wreckers. I opted for a windowless nicer room. The room itself was ok, but I need a window!! I walked the streets for a couple of hours, was unable to locate a cup of chai or restaurant to eat in and mosquitoes were plentiful as it got dark. I was however immersed in the residential world of a Mumbai suburb, and once I got over my bad mood at being stranded somewhere pretty horrible, realised that this is life for some people...... The hotel staff were very friendly, I ordered food in my room which was actually delicious and had a good sleep before a quick airport drop off - which was included in the price.

Room Tip: If you expect a nice windowless room for sleeping and nothing else with nice staff it is a cheap opt...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KerrieCC

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

St. George, Utah
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I had a prepaid stay booked for three nights through Agoda for the Om Residency. When I arrived they told me they didn't have a room available but had another room at another property instead. They took me to what turned out to be a dive of a place with substandard rooms and a horrible mosquito infestation. The room was supposed to be for one night so I tried to stay there but it was an uncomfortable and I was eaten alive by mosquitos. Next day they tried to convince me to stay on there but I had to go out and find something else on my own. The status on the prepaid voucher is still unresolved concerning refund. I would never do business again with these people. My stay in Mumbai was ruined by the mess they created.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo