“Crowded and dirty”

Ranked #38 of 510 things to do in Mumbai
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Not your typical swimming and bathing beach, this beach is best visited on weekend afternoons and evenings, when it comes alive with children's rides, carvnival-like amusements and food stands.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This place is always very crowded and the water has become so dirty due to pollution that you don't feel like going near it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hi, I have travelled with my family to India on numerous occassions and we like to stay on Juhu.
During the weekday the beach is pleasant and not so crowded. Great for walks and beach IS clean. However, Sunday/Monday mornings I bet the beach is full of litter after a busy weekend.
The vendors are nice and I have never seen any problems during any of my visits.
The kids love playing in the sand but I wont let them play too close to the sea.
I dont think the sea water near any MAJOR city is going to be very clean.
Early morning walks are amazing. People jogging, walking pets, elderly people taking a walk etc.
I have only given a rating of 3 as I feel Mumbai Authorities could do much better for such a famous beach.
Please dont be put off by my review - Juhu is worth a visit for the experience.

4  Thank whokickmydog
Reviewed 17 November 2013

visited that part of beach near Novotel hotel. there aare no vendors or stalls. it was very breezy and full moon night. it was beautiful. children played with ball and adults relaxed. it was qutie clean contarary to my expectations. good place to relax n enjoy the waves.

5  Thank drSRM
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Juhu is really all hype. I just hate this place , dirty, full of people who are least bothered about hygiene and it smells like scum. Even the chowpatty food is just as normal as you will get across bombay.
I m not coming here again.
Avoid weekend where hoards of vendors and family occupy each squarefeet of beach. there is no place to walk and relax.

6  Thank saish746
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This beach is very dirty. It has lot of crowd. You can't enjoy there if especially if you are planning to go on weekends. Generally people go to beaches to relax but such was my condition that I couldn't stay there for more than 2 mins. It was good some 5 years but not now. Better to avoid and choose some other beach rather than this one.

3  Thank Aniruddh1984