“If you have kids - IMAX experience is WOW!”
Review of IMAX BIG Cinemas

IMAX BIG Cinemas
Mumbai, India
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you have kids - IMAX experience is WOW!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you haven't yet been to IMAX and you have young kids (upto 15 years), you are missing something. It is a must see for an afternoon. Pick a nice movie - we have seen many there, viz., Life of Pi, Pirates of Carribean to just name a couple. The kids enjoy it. It is lovely to see a movie in the Dome.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Toronto
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“BEST IMAX film ever”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This Imax was at Nehru Science Centre in Worli, Mumbai. The seats allow you to lie down and enjoy the experience even moore. The movie was about Caving. Incredible stuff. Loved the whole thing. Science Centre also very good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bseagram
Thane, India
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Imax Experience”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

It is located in Wadala, Mumbai.
I watched two movies Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 3D and The Dark Knight Rises in 2D in Imax Dome which gives Imax Experience while other screens are normal screens.
Like every Imax it shows movies with greater resolution and clarity with you very nice powerful sound effect.

Visited July 2012
8 Thank prosenjit08
Mumbai (Bombay), India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Exceptional 3D experience”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

First of all, I love the location where it is situated.. away from hush-hush life of Mumbai. Secondly, lovely architecture. I love the dome shaped theater. Now speaking about the movie experience. I saw two movies there viz. The Dark Knight Rises in 2D and The Life of Pi in 3D. I didn't find much difference visually when I watched The Dark Knight Returns, though sound was better than any other theater in Mumbai.. I must say sound was best. And, when I saw Life of Pi in 3D.. I'll say it was the best ever 3D I have seen. Simply osum.

In my opinion one should prefer viewing 3D movies here as there is hardly any difference (except sound quality) for 2D movies.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank guptamukul
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The movie theater experience was completely ruined when I visited IMAX with my mom. I traveled from Kandivali all the way to Wadala. Just reaching the destination was more than 2 hours. When we got there, an online promotion which was running on their very own website was rejected and neglected by the cashier.

When we told the cashier that he should accept it or call the manager, he threatened us by saying the film would be starting soon and we should pay the full amount. With no one else on the line, we had no choice. He basically bullied us into purchasing the tickets.

Once inside the theater, there was no choice of beverages available. There was only one type of Pepsi available. When we asked for a carbonated beverage other than that, the answer simply was they did not have any.

Tickets are astronomically expensive - which is legitimate given that you're going to an IMAX. But given the seats we were in, all the way towards the top of the theater, I felt little difference between the normal cinema experience and a true IMAX.

I complained to the manager about these series of events and he was kind enough to offer free tickets, but really, I wanted that discount initially that was promised.

When you are excited about something and anticipating it for so long and then the entire day is ruined by people who are actually there to help you make it better, it is one of the most frustrating feelings ever.

Do not plan on visiting the IMAX now or ever again in Wadala. If another one opens, I would consider it.

Visited August 2012