We stayed at Hotel Chateau Windsor twice in January 2013. The hotel is in a great location just steps from Marine Drive, which is so nice to walk on in the evenings. The rooms were very clean and spacious. In one of our rooms, the bed had a foam topper on the mattress and was probably the most comfortable bed of our entire trip; the other bed did not have this nice feature. Maybe it's something you could request when checking in? The building is interesting with its elevator and stairwell in the middle. If you look out the windows in the center of the building, you see an outdoor spiral staircase that is 6 stories high. The hotel office staff were incredibly helpful at helping us with logistics and finding everything we needed...train schedules, directions to the train station and good restaurants, an eyeglass shop and a driving tour of the city. This was one of the few places we felt that no one was trying to sell us something. Just gave us excellent service in what, for Mumbai, is an affordable accommodation. We completely missed the rooftop breakfast area, but were provided with a wake up call and served really good chai in our rooms before our 5:00 am departure. We'd recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Mumbai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay