“ginger hotel”

Ginger Mumbai Mahakali
Ranked #56 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 22 July 2013

wow what the hotel is breathtaking given a room on a high floor, but it had an amazing view like the hotels, service ok no complaints about the food, the price may be, however, I really liked the area there are several interesting bars, pretty cool place I recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank oleczek1

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Like any other ginger hotel, its a very basic property, in terms of ambience and amenities. A clean air conditioned room, with comfortable bed and room service. Location is a little uncomfortable, but if you have work within Andheri E, it is still convenient. 15 mins from the airport. Service levels at check in are ok.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the road, to avoid facing another house almost next to you
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Last month in June, i went for a holiday trip to Mumbai in Maharashtra with my friends. Before, we planned a trip, the main question that arised was where to stay. Then, one of my colleagues told me to search a budget hotel on Goibibo.com and i did the same. I found a list of hotels in Mumbai on the website. Then, i came across this Ginger Hotel, it was 6 kms away from the airport and 5 kms awayfrom the Andheri railways station. After discussing about this hotel with my friends, i booked it through Goibibo. Ginger Mumbai is a 3 star hotel located in Andheri, Mumbai. It has 91 standard rooms. The hotel services were very nice. I opted for 3 bed standard room for us. In the hotel room, we were able to access internet. The other services in the hotel were: Gym Facility, Laundry Service, water dispensers were available in the room itself. There was a bar /lounge in the hotel where i sat for hours with my friends. Only problem was that there was no transport facility(pick & drop service) from the hotel side. When we landed on the airport early morning, there was no one from the hotel to pick us up. We took a taxi and reached the hotel by our own. Apart from this transport facility, we were really happy with the services that the hotel provided.

Room Tip: As we stayed in the Standard A/C rooms, so will recommend the same to the travelers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kanksha_123
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have made reservation thru online .I stayed with my family on 5th june ,the checkin was very smooth and very cooperative and friendly and dedicated staff and the manager is very helpful in guiding travels desk rep for city tour where have lunch and most important is they provide water dispenser near by also they provide iron and stand unlike in other hotels which they charge. our family enjoyed complimentary buffet provided, the room was very well maintained with nice paintings .amenities like coffee and tea maker and refrigerator are provided, room service is also the best in time .nothing to complaint except to suggest beeing Tata hotels all channels in tata sky to be made available to guests to be made available for viewing to make them comfortable for guests from all over country to miss their favorite programs or channels I suggest this ginger mumbai especially for those visiting with families. Next when i visit Mumbai i will definetly stay in ginger mumbai only P V S CHALAM WARDHA

Room Tip: i recommend to make online reservation well before to avoid last minute problems like rooms may no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CHALAMPVS
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel on transit for a night on my return from an overseas trip. I arrived pretty late in the night. The hotel held my reservation and were very helpful even pretty late in the night. It was great to get a hot shower and a good bed to sleep specially after 20 hours on the flight.

They biggest drawback is that they do not have a restaurant nor a coffee shop.

Elevators are very small and if you have large suitcases (like I did) you are likely to have to do a bit of gymnastics to get all the stuff into the lift and into the rooms.

Since this is a budget hotel and relies on self-service you are not likely to get any help with you bags at the lift.

It is a bit of a drive from the airport so plan ahead.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are transiting in Mumbai and need a hot shower and a good sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Clean, good service and delicious food. The check in was quick. The staff were helpful (I have read reviews from other guests that the receptions are rude, maybe, they need to concentrate on this). My experience with all of them was great. The manager, Sandeep Das, is young, cheerful and always available to help. The room was spacious, the bathroom was functional and shower was good. The wifi was bit dodgy and had bit of issues connecting from my ipad and macbook. The speed was also not great.

If you had been to other properties in Bombay, I do not think that you will complain and you cannot escape the slums and the chaos in the city. This applies to big brand of hotels as Marriott too. I have stayed in almost all of Ginger properties and I would rate this the best. The food from the restaurant is top notch and every dish was to die for. Do not miss the Mutton Biryani.

I really loved my stay there and will always visit if I have go to Bombay.

Room Tip: Try the road facing rooms on higher floors. I really enjoyed the view during the monsoons.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ReddyR312578
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Minuses:
1)This hotel is not very well situated as it is among the slums and there is no view.
2)But the distance from the Airport is fine. Airport transfer charges is exhorbitant.
3)Restaurant is expensive.
4)Wi-Fi gave a lot of troubles initially, very slow.
5)Receptionist Monica is rude and never wants to help.
6)Not at all worth at a price of 4999/-

Pluses:
1)Ankit, the asst. manager is a man of words and very helpful.
2)Rooms are nice, clean and well kept and of good sizes.
3)Special mention to Deepak and Asif , great home service.
4)Central location and close to all amenities.
5)Good business hotel for short stay.
6)Recommended .

Room Tip: Choose Room: 414 , it has a decent view .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo