“Excellent business hotel and value for money as well”

The Fern Residency, Mumbai
Ranked #33 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent business hotel and value for money as well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed here twice - 3 nights in first time and then for a night. As my office is at Vikhroli, it really works well. To and from airport is breeze and getting auto/ taxi for Vikhroli is also easy. The location is the upmarket acres club area of chembur. The lobby and reception area is tastefully done. I liked the way they have scripted the wall with letters from various Indian language around the lift area. Rooms are smartly done, clean and washroom is spotless. The breakfast area is in the ground floor next to the lobby. Meal price is on higher side. I remember they offered special coconut water at exorbitant price. So food price is on higher side. But we generally go for bed and breakfast, so don't go for meals here. Overall a very good hotel for business travellers. If you want to take quick city trips, then siddhivinayak temple is just 15 mins away by auto.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shameek
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this review, 22 April 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for taking time out to share with us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback on the interiors & the decor of the hotel.

We have noted your feedback pertaining to the meal prices being on the higher side, be rest assured that your concerns will be looked into.

The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance and I hope we have the opportunity to offer you our best again.

We once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Sanjib Mukherjee.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed for a week at The Fern Residency in February. It was just perfect. The room was clean, spacious and elegant. Room service was fine. It was also quiet at night. There is a place nearby where sometimes they organize marriages or other ceremonies, but they always ended before late evening so I was not disturbed. The bars and restaurants of the hotel were always pleasant to visit, with friendly staff, and they had a good choice of both Indian and Western food, also reasonably priced. Breakfast was also good. The room fare for a hotel of this level is definitely good. Perhaps the only thing to notice is that the hotel is not well known to taxi drivers, but if you ask for Acres Club, they will find it. In short I really enjoyed my stay and I will certainly visit again The Fern, next time that I come to Mumbai.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your valuable feedback about the hotel services and my team.

It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. Your words of motivation have been shared with my entire team.

Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at The Fern Residency, Mumbai. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and hope to continue being your hotel of choice while in Mumbai.

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Amazing place to stay if you have business near or on TISS campus. I stayed here on and off for three weeks and when I was away I could not wait to get back to the Fern! Service is amazing and so is the food.

Room Tip: Use the spa and laundry service.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank campbelm

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you so much for your commendation. Our main objective at the Fern Residency, Mumbai is to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their entire experience and from your wonderful feedback it seems that in your case this objective has been achieved.

We Thank you once again for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great place to put up for a night or two... Right next to acres club, so all wedding functions are only a stone's throw away. The location in general is great, walkable from the high way, and thus easy availability of public transport

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Harshad_Chiddarwar

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team.

We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Fern Residency, Mumbai.

Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I made a reservation in this hotel because the price was OK and we read that this was the 11th hotel in Mumbai according to Tripadvisor. Believe me, there is NO WAY this hotel can be number 11th. Don´t get me wrong, we did not have a bad experience here, but it was not at all what I expected. The rooms are average, nothing great, but clean, comfortable. We had a good dinner in the restaurant on the first floor, and the staff was really nice. But this a pretty basic hotel. Location is not good, far from everything, and every time we took a cab to get here NOBODY knew where it was. So the driver had to ask 3 or 4 times before getting here. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this review, 16 March 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your recent comments and honest feedback. Such valuable feedback enables us to truly measure if we are meeting our guests expectations.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of our guest rooms, the quality of food & beverage served at our Art House restaurant & the service provided by the hotel staff.

It also gives us immense pleasure to learn that you had decent stay without any problems or issues. Being an reasonably priced 4 star hotel we emphasize on providing quality hospitality services enabling the guest to have a comfortable & memorable stay.

I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced, as at times it can be difficult to trace the address of the hotel especially in cases where the person in not well aware with the area where the hotel is located.

Nevertheless your constructive suggestions will definitely help us address areas of concern and will most certainly help us restructure and synergize the processes to the levels expected.

We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.Looking forward to seeing you back at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Sanjib Mukherjee
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Staff were absolutely fantastic, they did their utmost to fulfil every need and we're immensely helpful. They go above and beyond.
The hotel was clean, comfortable and stylish.
Food was plentiful, varied and tasted good.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Clairejosling2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Fern Residency, Mumbai.

I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at the hotel.

We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The fern is a fantastic western standard hotel, the room is high quality and clean, there are plug converters installed, the food is perfect and the staff are very friendly and are more than willing to help with any queries you have.

The only missing element of my 5 week stay was a swimming pool which I could have chilled around with a drink, the swimming pool which we have access to in the acres club is more for swimming rather than chilling in and swimmers have to wear a swimming cap!

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at The Fern, to go that extra step.

I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at The Fern Residency, Mumbai . We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.