The Fern Residency, Mumbai
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
KF Residency(Mumbai)
View Hotel
All reviewsacres clubbusiness hotelclub facilitiesswimming poolweek staycomfortable stayclean roomsplace to staynice hotelexcellent staylong stayroom servicefood qualitybreakfast buffetcentral mumbaibusiness tripearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed with my family at fern residency it was a nice boutique hotel. The rooms are spacious and a nice bathroom. The breakfast was great. Staff are helpful and friendly. The only reason why I didnt give it a 5 star was due to the distance from the city centre. Its about 25 kms from Central mumbai. They also did allow early check in since I was travelling with two kids this was helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel. Your remarks are a testimony to the team’s endeavor of exceeding guest’s expectations time and again. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at the Fern to go that extra step.

Looking forward to see you soon at The Fern Residency, Mumbai to give us an opportunity to enhance your overall experience.We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Fern Residency, Mumbai.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Fern and fell in love with the place. Connected to the Acres Club, the Fern offers all facilities. Great breakfast spread, comfortable rooms and very helpful staff. Checked in at 2am and the staff had everything ready, not a single minute of waiting. The rooms are very comfortable (not luxurious) but nice. The only thing missing is a great view.

Room Tip: Book well in advance and inform the staff in advance about your checkin time to ensure great service.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PortKeyBearer

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team.

We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you back at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is well located, not on the busy streets of Mumbai, while coming frm the airport you should ask the driver to take u to Chembur and then the best landmark is Acres Clue which is a part of the hotel. The rooms were OK, not that spacious as we expected them to be, the staff was very courteous and helpful when ever we needed to organise the hotel taxi.. The breakfast area was very compacted and not a great spread , I would recommend eating outside than in room dining..

Room Tip: Take rooms on the top floors those are smoking rooms if you are comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank saniyaa5

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you back at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Fern Residency in Chembur, Mumbai, as part of a 5 week business trip to India.

The hotel itself is excellent – it is very new, bright and the staff are amazingly helpful. The rooms are a decent size with extremely comfortable beds and the decor in the room is very tasteful – this particular Fern model is designed around the particular scripts of India, which makes for an interesting contrast on all the different floors.

The showers were the particular highlight – full rainfall showers that I could have spent all day under. There are also little added extras, such as plug converters next to the desk, which accept EU, American, British, Australian/Chinese and Indian plugs (the ones next to the bed only accept EU/Indian plugs, so bring an adapter if you want to charge your phone next to your bed) and 2 free bottles of water every single day. The air conditioning is top-notch and offers some welcome relief from the sweltering temperatures outside.

The breakfast offering is a little on the thin-side and is catered more towards Indian rather than Western tastes, however the staff will prepare anything feasible, including delicious omelettes (a particular favourite of our group), scrambled/fried eggs and pancakes, and the general service at breakfast and in the evening at the bar area is top-notch.

There is a TV in your room however the range of Western/English-speaking channels is a little limited. There is also an outstanding (and cheap) laundry service. The internet in the hotel is a little flaky at the best of times – you can only use 2 devices on it at any one time and it has the tendency to go down in the evenings, however given the Indian infrastructure, this has to be expected.

Apart from finding a lizard in my room one night (which the hotel staff kindly removed as I was too much of a girl to deal with it myself), I am very impressed with the Fern Residency and I would definitely stay here again. A (very slight) word of warning, though: the hotel is about 45–60 minutes drive from downtown Mumbai (Colaba/CST) depending on the traffic conditions, so if you are looking to stay in the centre, then you may want to look elsewhere (a taxi/rickshaw will cost you about Rs. 150–200 each way). My office is located in Vikhroli, around a 20 minute drive away, which suited me however for people wanting to explore the centre of Mumbai, rather than just the outer suburbs, this hotel may not be ideally located.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel tend to be a little quieter, however the glass in the rooms is very thick, so you won't be disturbed by the traffic too much.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JamesCull

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you so much for taking out time & posting your honest and valuable feedback on the TripAdvisor forum.

Its indeed a pleasure to learn that you were impressed with the overall services & facilities that the hotel had to offer. We appreciate your feedback regarding the variety of western cuisine being a bit on thin side, we have made a note of the same & be rest assured that corrective measures shall be taken to have it rectified.

I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at The The Fern Residency, Mumbai. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for almost three nights and found it not so good hotel. They booked room for us as two adult and a child with extra bed. But their rooms are very small to be called as double bed room. Front desk staff is good and soft spoken. Food is just ok. On the whole it's just average.

• Stayed: March 2014
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. . It was a privilege to have you stay with us.

The guest rooms of the hotel are very aesthetically designed keeping in mind comfort of the guest staying with us. It however really unfortunate that we couldn't live up to your expectations with regards to this specific aspect of our hotel.

May I request you to give us an opportunity soon in the near future to enhance your overall experience at The Fern Residency, Mumbai & would recommend to stay in one of our Suite rooms which i am sure are quite spacious & would enhance your stay by living up to your expectations.

May I request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and hope that you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future to enhance your overall experience at The Fern Residency, Mumbai.

Sanjib Mukherjee.