“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residency Sarovar Portico

and 1 more site!
Residency Sarovar Portico
Ranked #27 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bhadrak
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The positive aspect of this place starts with cleanliness, staff behaviour and attitude, and food.
The campus, reception, and rooms are neat and tidy. The linens are clean and well appointed.
The room is equipped with fast Wi-Fi, LCD TV, and well stocked with things that one would expect to be available in such hotels. I wanted extra complimentary water bottles at 4:30AM, and it was very promptly delivered to me with a smile.
The lifts are efficient.
The people working here are perfectly trained to deal with their guests. They deserve to be appreciated.
The food is excellent: freshly prepared and promptly served. Breakfast is a bonanza of diverse Indian dishes.
The place is a bit difficult to find. A GPS could be of great help. The mattresses are not ergonomic enough. These are the only negative that one could think of.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zawid
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Your encouraging comments about the quality of food and the service provided and the cleanliness of the hotel will help us do better, will pass your comments of praise to the team.

gm@residencysarovar.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice hotel....Just four rooms on a floor and all four sperated perfectly to matain privacy. Security cards used rather that keys, comfortable in all ways. Bathroom clean and with latest fittings, nice spacious shower area. Study table, coffee maker..more than comfortable bedding....digital locker for your expensive stuff ...great sleep quality and room cleanliness. Though a bit expensive...but again its mumbai!!!!!!!!so....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hi,

I want to share my review to this hotel. This is the best place to stay. I love to stay in Sarovar

Portico Mumbai. Best part of my experience is Hotel staff and there hospitality.

I like food quality of there restaurant. I am staying from last seven days in room no 401C .

Over all guys this is the place we want to stay ..... cheers ....

And my special thanks to AAmir, Hemchandra, and Security Manager.

Thanks
Sagar Saxena

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sagar0902
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 24 February 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I traveled with my 13 year old son to Bangalore with a stopover in Mumbai. We were so happy at Sarovar! As my son was sick when we arrived early (we travelled nearly 24 hours by plane) and the hotel was full, but they did all their best to get us a room as quickly as possible so that my son could rest. The breakfast was fantastic, the room, nice , clean and comfortable. But we were really happy with the service of the staff. My son chatted a lot with the staff as well. I can highly recommend this place if you have to make a stopover, as hotel is not to far from airport, and you can get a good rest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monika F
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 20 February 2014

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Sarovar Portico for 24 nights as I was coming to Mumbai for dental surgery. As a woman I was a little concerned about being alone for this time but the staff at Portico made sure that I never felt unsafe, unwelcome or lonely. My room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated and on one of the higher levels which gave a great view.
The food was excellent compared to some of the 5 star hotels that I visited in Mumbai but really it was the staff that made my experience. I was treated with such respect and kindness that Sarovar Portico is my hotel of choice in Mumbai.

Special mention to three of the gentlemen in the restaurant,
Jayesh Patel, Valian Gonsalves and Sachin Kamble

Ms J.Parker
NSW
Australia

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher levels
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 17 February 2014

Margao, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

A group of 20+ stayed at this hotel when we travelled to Mumbai for a family wedding. The hotel is very good - excellent location, aesthetically designed interiors and excellent use of space inside the room. They also lay out a good spread for breakfast and depending on the rate you get, is also included in the tariff.

However, it appears that the hotel is run by overtly naive staff that seem to attach no importance to security. A visitor who came to meet my Dad was handed over a fresh key to his room - without being asked for ID, without ascertaining the purpose of the visit... nothing. To top it all, the cleaning staff left their master key for our entire floor in my room while they were cleaning.

One other surprising shortcoming was the lack of a flat-pin electrical socket. For a hotel of this class - and I saw several foreign tourists at the hotel - I was very surprised that they only had round-pin electrical sockets..

Overall, I would say this is a good hotel and I would definitely consider staying here but for sure, will not feel safe leaving any valuables in the room. Even though they have an in-room safe with a digital lock.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that have the additional dressing area outside the bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comment. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable.
Happy to note that you liked the rooms, location and breakfast spread. Have taken it up with the our Front desk & Housekeeping with regards to the keys. We are working to place flat –pin electrical socket in all the rooms.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

It is a good service hotel, and I think it caters to business cadre,and other service group.
The hotel is at a good location. It is near the Bombay exhibition centre and near airport.

Although the rooms are small but they are clean and well kept.
There are limited options for in room dinning service and I think hotel management should work on it.
The food was good and value for money

It is a great hotel for all those people who have come to Mumbai for business meetings or other works.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Residency Sarovar Portico. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay. We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.