“Excellent Place to stay with clean rooms”

Residency Sarovar Portico
Ranked #26 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Ahmedabad, India
“Excellent Place to stay with clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good place to stay with clen and tidy rooms. I found the service quality and the staff behaviour very amiable and welcoming. Morning breakfast too was well speread and the option to still order as per onces needs was a good gesture. Laundry facilities were excellent...overall a nice place to stay for a business or family trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PragneshMehta
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

gm@residencysarovar.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Pros: Overall a good and clean hotel.

Cons: Price does not include breakfast which is not acceptable. Hotel location a bit difficult to find, easy if you have GPS. Room and bathroom were a bit cramped.

1 Thank RajeshKarale
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at the hotel and for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments about the Hotel is much appreciated.

Please note that on Online channels we have Rooms Rates with Buffet Breakfast and without Buffet Breakfast. We have given choice to our Guest whether they want to book the Room with Breakfast and without Breakfast. We have rooms of different category and our size of the rooms are decent for the all type of Guest whether the Guest is on Business Trip or Leisure Trip. We also have 2 Bedroom Apartments Suite which is approximately 1150 sq. ft. Please let me know next time when you are planning to come to Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The only acceptable thing about the hotel was clean rooms. I ordered food for in room dining and it took 30mins for the food to reach me. When the food came, it was not as per my order. Taste was also very ordinary (Didnt feel like finishing my meal). At 1200am, the AC of my room malfunctioned but not really offended with that as its a machine and can malfunction any time anywhere.

Room Tip: This was my first stay at the hotel and hence cannot really comment about which room is better.
Dear Valued Guest,

Your positive comments about the Hotel Rooms is much appreciated.

With regards to your concern on food, my apologies that we fell short on your expectations. I have spoken with Chef and informed him about your dissatisfaction on Food.

Once again my apologies for the same.

Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

stayed here during the IESS 2014 held at Goregaon for 3 nights.

Breakfast was very good with ample of choices

street food nearby... yumm

Oberoi & Infinity Mall nearby... but Mumbai traffic is pathetic so beware...

as for the rooms, they are somewhat smaller in size but served our purpose. It seems as the hotel has been converted from what it seems to be an apartment block.

will try some other place next time...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ram1975
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 25 April 2014

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for work to attend the nearby exhibition at Bombay Exhibition Centre. It has a very convenient location but since it is on the SV rd flyover there is a lot of traffic. It is opposite Grand Sarovar Premiere (which is its sister property). The rooms are up to date and clean and pretty convenient for a business stay. Did not order room service so cannot comment in that area.
The staff can be better trained and the check in process can be faster.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you face during the check-in. Please note that our check in time is 12:00 noon. We give early check in up to 10 am without any extra charges, which is only possible on the availability of the rooms. Please do write me next time when you are coming to our Hotel, I will personally take care of your check in process.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good, nice locality.
But location not known to all....
If I go again, I will book this hotel & want to explore the location near by. Food is good, service @ restaurant & reception is also good.
Enjoyed 3 nights stay at this hotel.

1 Thank Ashok Kumar R
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 19 April 2014

Chennai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

One of the managers told me that the hotel is only around a year old. Yet it looks much older from the outside. Inside, a tiny lobby, and tiny rooms, with two beds squeezed into what would be a rather small one-bed hotel room. No chair or sofa to relax on or watch TV. The only options are a rather straight backed armless office chair, or the bed. This made the off-work hours when one usually relaxes and unwinds from a tough, challenging work-day more stressful than the work itself. I had to struggle with the discomfort of trying to relax on the office chair to watch the news.

Worse was to come. In the restaurant I found the most miserly breakfast spread, and dinner buffet that I have ever experienced. Very meagre fair, no options. When I asked why the spread was so meagre and there were no options, the manger told me, "our main hotel has got a good spread. It is nearby. You must try the buffet there." I did not bother to waste my time explaining that I couldn't very well stay in this hotel and take a cab to the main hotel for the buffet no matter how good it may have been.

This seems to be primarily a problem of misguided, miserly management policies. A guest willing to pay around 4000 to 5,000 rupees for a hotel room would not mind spending another 500 rupees on the tariff for the comfort of a good chair in the room, and a couple of more options in the buffet.

The staff was courteous, friendly, and good to deal with. The restaurant team, the front office, the concierge were all smiling, professional, and eager to serve. Their attitude and competence could be optimised by better management.

Note to Trip Advisor: I have done more than 15 reviews asking for the credit to be sent to my Jet Airways Platinum account - JPP 115300791. Not one review has been credited yet. When I checked with Jet Airways, they inform me that only published reviews get credited and Trip Advisor has not given them any intimation in this regard. I tried to contact Trip Advisor but there is no way to reach you. How is it that a prominent reviewer of a service industry, like you, is totally inaccessible to your contributors?

1 Thank CorporateTheatre
Dear Valued Guest,

Your positive comments about the staff at the restaurant, front office and the other team members is much appreciated.
We have noted your concern about the size of the room and the spread of the buffet.
Though there is nothing that we can do for the room size, being a hotel in Mumbai and being rated as a top value for money hotel our room size varies from 200 sq feet to suite of more than 1200 sq feet size. Would appreciate if you can let us know of your next visit where we can show the other room options.
As far as buffet spread is concerned, we have tried to cover all options for breakfast and dinner buffet (Indian, Continental and a few Chinese items)and is much appreciated by our clients as can be observed in our previous comments mentioned below.
It would be our pleasure to ensure you have a delightful stay and would appreciate the details of your next visit where our Exec Chef and I can meet and customise food as per your requirement.
We pride ourselves of being a hotel which provides personalised service to all our guest. Look forward to your visit again where am sure me and my team will ensure you will be delighted.