“Not a hotel but service Apartment”

Residency Sarovar Portico
Ranked #22 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Did you notice that the name doesn't say its a hotel ?? Of course its not. As per the Front Desk person , its service apartments .

Overall a good stay , clean hotel , not a very great room service . I asked for ironing my clothes but nobody showed up for next 30 min.The rooms are small though and the mattresses keep slipping away .

Food is good . Not a great location as its Goregaon west .If you are in Mumbai for holiday , choose any other hotel but not this as going to tourist locations on taxi is surely going to burn your pockets .

Good stay overall .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at the hotel and for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments about the Cleanness & Food is much appreciated. We are a value for money business hotel with 24 hour operational Business Centre, Gym, In Room Dining and a Restaurant which caters to our in house guest.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I must say for the price I paid this was the best choice of hotel. The main advantage are the host of banqueting option this hotel has to offer which are right in the nearby complex. I had booked some rooms here for my family for a wedding function and the service I received was truely top notch. The staff are extremely courteous who try to go out of their way at each presented opportunity to make your stay truely comfortable,the food is marvelous including the wide breakfast spread with great attention to details. I booked deluxe and superior rooms. I found superior to be a bit small but are ideal for business travelers at the price they are sold at and the deluxe rooms were spacious and well designed. Overall the hotel is new with great shopping destinations in the vicinity . I want to thank you guys for looking after me and my guests so well.

• Stayed: May 2014
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Residency Sarovar Portico.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is at best a tier-3 semi furnished serviced apartment. I wouldn't want to term this a hotel. This runs due to proximity to few event management companies and probably a select few in Goregaon(W). This is a set of apartments probably converted into a hotel. There is no place to eat, has just 1 dining area with pathetic food with no choice at all. A nearby Dhaba was far better. Rooms were small but ok. To add - this is expensive and a simple room will cost about 6K a night. It's a noisy place as the time I checked in some NDTV activity was going on and I found people roaming around in skimpy dresses 24x7. I wouldn't recommend this place for any purpose.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us.

We are a hotel which has been in operation for the last 1 year, and in that short time we have been rated as the most value for money star hotel and have been garnering a lot of positive comments on TripAdvisor, with more than 85% guest saying that they would like to come back and stay with us.

We have a Multi cuisine Restaurant which server Indian, Continental & Chinese food to our In house Guest. We have been consistently getting groups, families, lady guest and corporate clients who keep coming back repeatedly to the hotel. We are a value for money business hotel with 24 hour operational Business Centre, Gym, In Room Dining and a Restaurant which caters to our in house guest.

However we apologize for any service or infrastructure flaw that you may have faced during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel, rest assured we will ensure you have a memorable stay again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been staying at hotel Sarovar Portico Residency Mumbai since my last few visits. Must say, a very nice hotel, rooms are clean and beautiful and staff very friendly. Food is also very good. Highly recommended for business visitors and family who would like to stay back in Mumbai for few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The rooms are clean and non-descript. They are as expected and clean and comfortable. But the restaurant offers terrible service- mainly due the the staff and their manager. We went at dinner time and it took them a long time to acknowledge us. When we had to insist and call the waiter over for taking the order, the manager called him away, saying he had told him that he would take care of this side of things! He was the most unprofessional person we have ever seen in a modern hotel. He started taking our order, when we were undecided and asked for a recommendation, he just left us saying he would come back when we had made up our minds! Needless to say we had to chase after him to get the order again, and he tried everything to dissuade us. Many dishes were said to be unavailable and he was not willing to make any adjustments in the cooking style/spiciness. We finally ordered but since it had already been close to half an hour, we didnt feel like carrying on and asked him to cancel the order. He was most happy to oblige and acted as if it was good riddance! We left and found a good restaurant quite close to the hotel. In the morning at breakfast time, this same ghastly manager was present. We had the average breakfast and within seconds of me sitting back after breakfast, the manager almost snatched the plates away! Without ensuring I was fully done! All in all, this individual spoilt the stay, which otherwise is a comfortable lodging.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your comments and take them on board particularly with regard to the service issues you raised. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our Hotel. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at Residency Sarovar Portico.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in Mumbai for 5days on business trip..had to book this hotel at the last minute.
Good a good deal from Goibibo as I had a discount coupon.
This hotel is worth every penny as the room are brand new.
The only downside is the location.its a little hard to find and most taxi drivers will take you to the old Sarovar hotel in Ghatkopar.
Had to make several calls between driver and hotel staff to reach.
Breakfast was included and nice assortment.
Overall nice..will stay again.

Room Tip: Look for deals on Makemytrip and GoIbibo
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologies for the inconvenience you faced locating our Hotel but trust me that it is very easy to reach the Hotel. We are located opposite to Techniplex complex. If you are coming from airport you have to take a Goregaon east-west flyover. Once you cross the flyover you find our 5 Star Hotel – GRAND SAROVAR PREMIERE on the left side. Please take right on SV road and drive straight and then take a right opposite to Durga Devi Saraf College and drive straight and you will find our Hotel on the right side of the lane opposite to Techniplex complex.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good place to stay with clen and tidy rooms. I found the service quality and the staff behaviour very amiable and welcoming. Morning breakfast too was well speread and the option to still order as per onces needs was a good gesture. Laundry facilities were excellent...overall a nice place to stay for a business or family trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PragneshMehta
RSPMUMBAI, Manager at Residency Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014