“lost in Mumbai”
Review of Hotel Suba Palace

Hotel Suba Palace
Ranked #63 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 14 June 2014

the Hotel is reasonably well located but poor in amenity & service. It's quite overpriced for the small rooms and the light switches didn't work properly.
There doesn't seem to be much concern about cleanliness & general appearance but I guess that goes with most of India.
I didn't eat here as the restaurant looked unhygienic as well.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank vince f

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great hotel, on the best location ever.. 2 mn to the Gateway of India. Good rooms, nice and diverse buffet breakfast. Only 2 things not so good were that the wifi signal is weak in the rooms area and the AC is noisy and directly above the beds, which can be uncomfortable..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank carolvfonseca
hotelsubapalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your re-views regarding our Hotel Suba Palace on Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to see you again with your family and friends in near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My stay here was terrible. I did not enjoy my 4 days that I spent there. Very disappointed. Advised staff we could not sleep as there was a loud noise in the room. They advised us the noise was coming from the fan in the lift and they will turn the fan down. Nothing was done about the noise. I had numerous incidents with this hotel and found my stay there the worst from all the other places that I visited.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ronica L
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Located in a good tourist destination. On arrival we told reception that out flight was at midnight & since checkout time is at 12:00, we enquired if we could freshen up before leaving the hotel. They told that they will see what they can do for us. However the hotel did keep our luggage when we went out for the afternoon. On returning we were tired & sweaty as Mumbai is extremely hot in April. We were told that we could use a small room next to reception which has 2 toilets and two handwash basins to freshen up. We were prepared to pay a fee for the use of the room just to use shower for that short time & we could not be accommodated. The last thing one needs is to endure a long and uncomfortable flight by feeling all so sweaty & miserable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Pretty basic small hotel but the staff were helpful and the location is excellent for sight seeing and just walking around. You probably need to specify a double bed otherwise its singles. Overall we liked this place.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room with views of the streets to soak up Bombay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen B
hotelsubapalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your re-views regarding our Hotel Suba Palace on Trip-advisor.

Looking forward to see you again with your your family and friends in near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have traveled all around India this March, and we have never encountered hygienic deficits in any hotel where we stayed. Except here. I must say I am very tolerant and I do not get angry if I found some minor dust/stain and so on. But this time we found urine drops on the toilet seat and large stains on the bed sheaths. That was too much!
The personnel, moreover, was kind but not very prompt: as we entered the breakfast hall (we were the first guests to enter) 4 people of the staff stood there watching the TV, very idle, and they didn't greet us until we did (as we hadn't entered at all!).
The food was average (we had dinner there, too), with many libanese dishes (most of the clients of the Hotel were Arabs). Some things showed on the menu weren't available as we asked.
Only positive thing: the position, very central.

All in all, if it had been clean, it would have been a very average hotel, but all considered... We can't avoid giving it a poor rating!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joppino80
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My very first landing spot in India was Suba Palace and I'm so glad it was. It was very clean, very quiet, nicely decorated and perfectly central to all I wanted to see and do, besides, Colaba is kind of the happening spot, especially if you plan to visit cult famous Leopold's. As a single woman I felt extremely safe and the staff, while not always warm and fuzzy, were very helpful. I was able to safely and comfortably walk to many eateries and attractions in the area, and only a quick taxi ride to the major train stations.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a quiet side street so I don't think you can go wrong with any room. The earlier...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LaTourMimi

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your re-views on Trip-advisor regarding our Hotel Suba Palace.

Looking forward to see you again with your family and friends in near future.