3,736 results
All reviews marine drive india jones frangipani restaurant opium den arabian sea queen's necklace sea facing room south mumbai the club lounge room service excellent hotel duty manager memorable stay business trip in room dining breakfast spread house keeping
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Trident/ Oberoi has always been known for service quality.
My experience was no exception. Service quality is first class.
Hotel is well renovated and location is superb.
Went for a 10km jog in the morning from nariman point to Chowpatty and back along the sea face. Absolutely fantastic.
One dowside was while i was given a complimentary upgrade to the club floor (28 to 33) , the hotel expected me to not use club facilities like the lounge and even proposed to charge me for drinks consumed there. Only when i refuted that i was not informed that the lounge was not for my use, did they decide to not proceed with the charges.
Very strange - they upgrade you to club floor but will not allow club floor previliges like free internet, use of the club lounge etc. This was a first for me and completely unacceptable.
While I appreciate the upgrade, the Hotel should not be petty in then preventing upgraded guests from using relevant facilities.
Other than that, a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Spent two nights at the Trident Nariman Point with my wife at the end of our India trip. Booked a clubroom that had nice views of the Mumbai skyline. Airport transfers were provided on a complimentary basis. Pick-up and check-in was painless and efficient. Nice room with all amenities you would expect of a hotel in this class. The location is hard to beat as you are within walking distance (or a short taxi ride away) from many of the sights in the southern part of the city. It took us about 15 or so minutes to get to the Gateway of India from the hotel. We also made sure we had time to relax by the (very very windy) pool overlooking the sea. Great views of the skyline from there.

The standard of service is good throughout the hotel, although we found the club lounge not as welcoming as other lounges we have been to. On our first night, when evening drinks were over at 8.30, one member of staff switched off the television sets along with some of the lights. We had actually looked forward to use the lounge to read our books - and we did in the end - but were initially given the distinct feeling he wanted us to go. We also thought there was a somewhat limited choice in food presentations during evening drinks. And the lounge only has one computer, but unfortunately without printing facilities.You need to ask the lounge staff who will print a page or two for you or go to the business centre if you need to print more.

I think we had expected more for the extra money we paid. Don’t get me wrong: it was by no means a bad experience, far from it, but it simply made us aware of the more generous experiences we've enjoyed in other club lounges (we are Ritz Carlton and Shangri-La fans) in comparison to this particular stay.

So will we come back here on our next visit to Mumbai? For location: yes ... this is a comfortable and solid hotel at a very convenient spot, particularly if you are here on holiday as we were. And the hotel's India Jones restaurant served some good food we thought. But if you want to go executive floor, I’m not so sure the Trident Nariman Point's club is worth the higher price tag. I think we'd be looking elsewhere for that.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Your feedback on Trident Club lounge has been noted and shared with the team. Let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us in serving our guest.

I am pleased to see that this aspect has not affected your overall impression of the hotel.

E-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I've just finished a week-long stay in India were I spent all but one night here at the Trident (see review on The Imperial in Delhi)...this hotel was recommended by some local colleagues and for the most part it didn't disappoint. The location is very convenient to many of my appointments and it's easy to access most points in the city. Very friendly staff for the most part and attentive to individual requests (had a noisy neighbor one night and after they didn't quiet when asked, the manager gave me a different room just to sleep in; efficient and quick solution). I had a number of meetings in the main floor lounge and breakfast each morning was entirely adequate.

While the lobby is highly polished and gleaming, there were some odd disconnects with how the room was kept. There was food on the floor from the prior guest...clearly visible...for kicks I let it stay for a day but nobody ever touched it (I cleaned it up myself). They never quite get the bathroom perfectly clean...one or two extra passes with a rag would do it...and the service is highly compartmentalized here. One person brings fruit, one person brings a robe, one person makes the bed, etc...there are ALWAYS staff in the hallways and you'd better lock your door/remember to put out the do not disturb sign...staff doesn't always knock before entering.

There are a lot of nice touches; black out shade gives total darkness, light controls near the bed, etc...room isn't particularly large but has a commanding view of the ocean. Make sure you're on a high floor and facing the ocean (comes at a slight premium)...if you've never been to India you discover that drivers lean on their horns a lot...if you're a light sleeper, this will annoy you on the lower floors.

Shower and eat breakfast early...I had only tepid water the one morning I slept in and the service in the breakfast room was uneven that morning as well.

There is a nice spa and pool, though I didn't get a chance to use it, and nice shopping connected to the hotel. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jimmysi
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trident, Nariman Point for your stay in Mumbai and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely regret that you had a reason to complain with our services. I have shared your feedback with my team and let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future. We value your feedback and rest assured we will look into the same to ensure such instances are not repeated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

e-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 8 March 2011

The location of the hotel beats any other hotel I have stayed in. It is right on Marine drive and the view out of the rooms is breath taking and amazing.

The rooms are very comfortable and the bed is good. The breakfast spread was good as well. We were there as part of a business meeting and the food at the banquet was splendid

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

E-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 5 March 2011

You don't go to the Trident for the couleur locale: let's be honest, it's not really there. But after a long trip from Europe to a hot (in our case: rainy), crowded city, it is a perfect place to come to your senses. The rooms are very comfortable and guarantee a good night's rest. The staff is very friendly and helpful (althought it still is a hassle to enter the hotel throught the security checkpoint; the hotel obviously (and rightfully) doesn't want to relive the nightmare a few years ago. The breakfast buffet is good - as you may expect for that price - but the restaurants in teh hotel generally are slightly overpriced and not that great (if you go for traditional Indian food). We preferred to head downtown for lunch and dinner (try "Kyber"!)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Tripadvisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I appreciate you taking your valuable time and giving us the detailed feedback on our services. I regret to note that you felt our restaurants overpriced. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city.

e-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com