“Great hotel--Great”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Sent a great few days here right after Xmas. This certainly is a business hotel and is rather on the large side, but the staff and decor certainly soften that business side and make this a rather pleasant hotel.

I was traveling here for my 40th and the hotel was filled with tons of NRI's and other folks returning for wedding seasons which made for a very festive feel around the hotel.

I was upgraded to a club level which was very pleasant with its own reception. Staff ratios were very high throughout and the facility was always spotless. The room was nicely designed with a very modern bathroom with a glass wall which made the room seem even larger. Very comfy bed and good toiletries.

Breakfast in Frangipan restaurant was very good and service excellent.

There was an increased security alert on at XMAS time and each guest was hand searched, but the staff was very gracious about it.

If one is looking for a little charming hotel this ain't it, but the water front location in Nariman point is very good and if you're able to get a good rate, this hotel can be a good value.

Internet and business center prices weren't cheap but were on par with other biz hotels.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to serve our guest in a better way.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

The Trident Nariman hotel was my last stop on a seven-day business trip that took me to Turkey, UAE, and India, and it was my only non-Western hotel chain (it was previously a Hilton managed property).

Everything about this hotel was outstanding from the moment I arrived. Appropriate security and security procedures to enter the hotel. Very welcoming reception staff. Clean and modern rooms with good high-speed internet access as well as a spotless bathroom with excellent toiletries.

The concierge staff was excellent. Very knowledgeable and made reservations for a memorable dinner in Mumbai.

Without hesitiation, I'd stay at this hotel on future trips to Mumbai!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

A great hotel overall with excellent location in mumbai. Rooms are spacious. Service is good but not like Taj. Breakfast spread in frangipani is one of the best in mumbai. Great Indian food in indian restaurant next door in oberois.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

The hospitality provided by Staff was excellent. Security measures are very upto date.
The room and Bathroom is very very neat & clean. Even the room service is timely. Quality and variety of food is sufficient. No noise. Relaxed environment. SPA, Swimming pool is excellent. View of Arabian sea in the morning is awesome. In the night, view of marine drive is just like a Necklace. A large chunk of shopping is available in the hotel. Best hotel to stay

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

Great comfortable hotel....the newly renovated club floor is a pleasure to stay in and v tastefully done up. The view of the sea is uninterrupted and charges u up after a long day. Meeting rooms are excellent.... Good service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Trident/ Oberoi has always been known for service quality.
My experience was no exception. Service quality is first class.
Hotel is well renovated and location is superb.
Went for a 10km jog in the morning from nariman point to Chowpatty and back along the sea face. Absolutely fantastic.
One dowside was while i was given a complimentary upgrade to the club floor (28 to 33) , the hotel expected me to not use club facilities like the lounge and even proposed to charge me for drinks consumed there. Only when i refuted that i was not informed that the lounge was not for my use, did they decide to not proceed with the charges.
Very strange - they upgrade you to club floor but will not allow club floor previliges like free internet, use of the club lounge etc. This was a first for me and completely unacceptable.
While I appreciate the upgrade, the Hotel should not be petty in then preventing upgraded guests from using relevant facilities.
Other than that, a great stay.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

Spent two nights at the Trident Nariman Point with my wife at the end of our India trip. Booked a clubroom that had nice views of the Mumbai skyline. Airport transfers were provided on a complimentary basis. Pick-up and check-in was painless and efficient. Nice room with all amenities you would expect of a hotel in this class. The location is hard to beat as you are within walking distance (or a short taxi ride away) from many of the sights in the southern part of the city. It took us about 15 or so minutes to get to the Gateway of India from the hotel. We also made sure we had time to relax by the (very very windy) pool overlooking the sea. Great views of the skyline from there.

The standard of service is good throughout the hotel, although we found the club lounge not as welcoming as other lounges we have been to. On our first night, when evening drinks were over at 8.30, one member of staff switched off the television sets along with some of the lights. We had actually looked forward to use the lounge to read our books - and we did in the end - but were initially given the distinct feeling he wanted us to go. We also thought there was a somewhat limited choice in food presentations during evening drinks. And the lounge only has one computer, but unfortunately without printing facilities.You need to ask the lounge staff who will print a page or two for you or go to the business centre if you need to print more.

I think we had expected more for the extra money we paid. Don’t get me wrong: it was by no means a bad experience, far from it, but it simply made us aware of the more generous experiences we've enjoyed in other club lounges (we are Ritz Carlton and Shangri-La fans) in comparison to this particular stay.

So will we come back here on our next visit to Mumbai? For location: yes ... this is a comfortable and solid hotel at a very convenient spot, particularly if you are here on holiday as we were. And the hotel's India Jones restaurant served some good food we thought. But if you want to go executive floor, I’m not so sure the Trident Nariman Point's club is worth the higher price tag. I think we'd be looking elsewhere for that.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Your feedback on Trident Club lounge has been noted and shared with the team. Let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us in serving our guest.

I am pleased to see that this aspect has not affected your overall impression of the hotel.