“Great base in Mumbai”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed four nights here from 2 - 6 December and was impressed. I wanted a safe and well located base in Mumbai as this was my first visit to India and i was travelling alone. The location in Nariman point was ideal as although i had business all over Mumbai I was glad to be based here and not in the sister property in Bandra which, given the traffic chaos, is a long way from downtown. I could walk to the Colaba area and along Marine Drive (although in reality i took tuk tuks at tiny expense).

I got a rate that included a sea view room on an upper 'club' floor (great views over the Arabian sea) free internet access (a must have as i was working) and half a day hotel car and driver (really friendly driver). All were important and well worth it. The room was spacious and well appointed and the only flaw in my opinion is that it was not very well soundproofed as at times there was a bit of noise from surrounding room as well as from above.

Breakfast was good with fresh pancakes, waffles etc, a good spread of fresh fruit and cooked options too as well as the full Indian selection. The coffee and cappucino however was just OK.

Bar prices were a little on the high side, especially when compared to the Oberoi (next door but adjoining via a corridor) which had a nicer bar and was definitely more of '5 star' property. That said I was glad i was staying in the trident as the view was the same and the service was excellent. The pool area was clean and well maintained but i didn't get a chance to swim. I didn't use the spa or the gym.

The Trident really looked after me with good service, friendly faces and pleasant surroundings.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

Your feedback on the beverage pricing has been noted. The prices we charge are in line with the hotels in the city of similar category however we will review them again.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Trident, Nariman Point

Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed at Trident for 3 nights. The hotel staff was fantastic. Every single person we passed spoke to us and asked us how our stay was going. The room was spotless. Our room package included internet access and the wireless speed was really fast which generally isn't the case in India.

Buffet style breakfast was included with the room and it was very good. They had all types of options both American/Foreign oriented and Indian breakfast food staples. We felt comfortable eating the chopped fruit/vegetables and drinking fresh juice there vs. other places we visited in India.

The only issue I had was the price of airport transfer. They had initially asked for Rs. 3600 for one way pickup which seemed really high. We ended up getting a prepaid cab at the airport when we landed which cost us about 500 Rupees and the cab ride took about an hour. I think the hotel was worth the money for the room but we didn't waste money on overpriced services like airport transfers.

Room Tip: Higher floors come with "upgraded service" whatever that means but we really enjoyed the v...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MyAdvice45

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. Your feedback on transfers being expensive and we thank you for your valuable feedback.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 12 December 2012

The Trident at Nariman Point is like my second home. I am in Mumbai frequently, at least 3-4 nights every month, and without hesitance I head for the Nariman Point Trident Hotel. I immediately feel at home. The staff is so warm and welcoming. The service here is impeccable, by far the best of any hotel I have ever stayed with. the hotel is luxurious, the rooms are great and so is the food - breakfast is superb, although just having to choose from all the options makes me full.
Although my business takes me to the other end of town (and only whomever has experienced Mumbai/Indian traffic will appreciate this) I always prefer this hotel to many others closer by

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Email: gmoff.np.mumbai@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in december from 6 december to 9 december.....it was a completely worth it stay there...the lounge of the the hotel has absolutely spectacular vies and is very fragrant due to the beautiful flower arrangement of orchids and other flowers...they handled the baggage very well and the baggage reached our room on time...the staff is very generous,courteous and well-trained they reallly care for their customers and always greet us with a smile...the roooms were also very neat and clean.....every sort of comfort is there in the room ....we were staying on the 24 th floor and it was a worth it experince there....also the hotel has seperate smoking and non-smoking rooms....the laundary service of the hotel was completely spot-on...and the transprt service provided to us by the hotel was also good....there are many branded showrooms and good places in its vincity.......it is by-far the best place to go for in mumbai and i would highly recommend this hotel for all....as it has something to offer for all......a completely beautiful stay there

• Stayed: December 2012
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. We thank you for your valuable feedback.

We would deem it a distinct privilege and honor to welcome you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

E-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed for 5 nights at the Trident Nariman Point, further to a recommendation of an associate who has his office in the same area and I booked it through an agency.

I just loved this hotel from the minute I put my foot through the door. It is a very nice 5-star hotel, but what made it special for me, was the friendliness of the staff above all (they all seemed clearly very well trained). Friendly and warm, but not at all stiff. All the staff I came across from the doorman, the security staff at the entrance to the receptionists, etc. made me think that they enjoy working at this hotel and it showed through their wonderful smile and friendliness. Coming from outside, it felt like a warm cocoon.

Location is right opposite the sea side and this is great for long walks. The cricket club is closeby as well. If I remember well, there was also a cinema and theatre closeby. A three minute walk and there is small shopping centre, nothing spectacular, but there is a big food court on the top floor. Being a western blond woman caused the constant stares of people when I was out on my own, but at no moment did I feel insecure going around on my own. Taxis are everywhere and they are inexpensive, just negotiate the rate, especially when you go from the hotel to the airport (it should be around Rupees 850 absolute maximum). If you come from the airport, do go to the stand for pre-ordered cabs and you get a receipt and the amount is fixed, so no negotiation. A non-air-conditioned taxi was Rupees 541 to the Trident. Do not expect luxury taxis, they are old, but I guess that makes the charm of that city as well. Count around 1 hour from the hotel to the airport, 1 1/2 hours during rush hour.

Just one advise before coming to India, check if they accept your local currencies. I had Indonesian Rupees and no currency exchange was allowed to change them. The most convenient I guess are Euros and Dollars.

The room I had at the Trident was very comfortable and had absolutely all the amenities you could wish for. The working desk was also very comfortable. Internet charge was Rupees 990 for 24 hours (starts counting from the time you login), which I personally think is a little too high for a hotel that caters to a large number of business people who rely on daily internet.

I did not have the chance to try the restaurants since I was out with business associates most of the time, but they all looked wonderful. One night I ordered room service, the presentation was average, but the steak and onion burger was just delicious.

The swimming pool is situated on the roof and is quite large, however, they already close at 20.00 hours which in my opinion is a little too early if you are in business meetings all day and only get back late in the evening. The gym is nice and there is also a good steam room. Towels, hairdryers, body lotions, shampoo, water was all there for its guests free of charge.

Would I recommend this hotel to anybody ? Yes, without hesitation. If I come back to Mumbai I would for sure stay at this hotel again. A wonderful and comfortable stay awaits you.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea front room
1  Thank lifewithoutborders
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trident Nariman Point during your stay Mumbai and for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is indeed heartening to know that the team at Trident has exceeded your expectation in every way. Your generous compliments have been passed onto my team. We thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Trident Nariman Point.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is a very comfortable hotel and well recommended. The outside is not very welcoming but it is a well appointed hotel with nice rooms if a tad on the small side. The rooms have a window in the bathroom with a privacy curtain but if someone goes to the loo in the night the light shines into the room and is a bit of a pain! The restaurant does a wide range of good quality food and the hotel is a 50 rupee drive to a range of good restaurants. (try the Khyber, Indigo - a bit pricy and the Gaylord). The concierge is excellent. If you do book this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room when booking
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. Your feedback on lighting in the bathroom has been noted and we thank you for your valuable feedback.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Excellent hotel... great staff, especially Front desk service is amazing. I was invited by General Manager for cocktails on wednesday... it was such a nice gathering...

Whatever room you get you will be more than satisfied. Just leave it to the staff and they will give you a good treat.

I cant wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed heartening to know that the team at Trident has exceeded your expectation in every way. Your feedback has been shared with the team at the hotel. We thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

I look forward to welcoming you back.