“Great hotel”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #8 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last week after a holiday in goa. Was very impressed with the hotel in general the sea view room was very nice. The breakfast was great. And the staff were brilliant very helpful and nice nothing seemed to be to much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only small thing I didn't like was I thought the hotel would supply free bottled water. I was paying 12000 rupees a night I didn't think I should have to pay 200 rupees a bottle. But anyway that is just a minor gripe. Very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mattherbie
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We have noted your feedback on the mineral water charges, I regret the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your valuable feedback.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of a 15 day small group tour of Northern India, where we had stayed at, ostensibly, the same level of hotel in each place we visited. This was the best of them, and I will also be reviewing the worst!
We found this hotel to be friendly, and user friendly! The room was large and comfortable, with an extensive view over the bay. Unfortunately there was heavy pollution, as in many parts of India that we had been too, and the water coming up to the cement blocks around this part of the bay had much litter in it.
The breakfast was outstanding, with local fruits, and fresh pastries, as well as proper coffee.
If you have to stay in Mumbai, then we can recommend this hotel after our 1 night stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. Your detailed feedback is most valuable to us and we thank you for the same.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Fab, but don't be fooled if you find this place in-hospitable. The hotel is simply huge. Goodness knows how many rooms they have. The staff go out of their way to be helpful, and generally they do a great job, but they are without empathy.

Wonderful position overlooking the Arabian Sea, but be aware that is really a ruddy great bay in the middle of Mumba. Yes, we will go back here...

ps...try the Village restaurant at the World Trade Centre.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

South East England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

On our travels in India we stayed at this hotel twice. On both occasions we were made to feel so welcome by all staff. We had several requests for the receptionists and the concierge and they were carried out efficiently, effectively and with a smile.
The only draw back in this hotel is that you have to pay for WIFI :(
We will now be seeking out the other hotels in their group, to see if we can incorporate them in our anticipated travels in India in 2014. Well done to all Trident Employees, its lovely to receive such a high level of service coupled with such friendliness. A rarity these days.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be the same, but obviously the ones at the front have the views and there is quite...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you, which motivates the entire team to strive towards excellence.

Your feedback on wi-fi has been noted. We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers or ‘Extended stay Package’ which inclusive of breakfast, internet usage and requires minimum three nights stay. We would be happy to offer these packages to you for your future visits.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We arrived here very hot and irritated after a dreadful taxi rise from the airport. As soon as we set foot in the hotel we instanly felt relaxed. The service is exceptional - nothing was too much trouble.Staff were particularly helpful in advising of where to visit.

The restaurants were fantastic and not too expensive for a 5* hotel. The staff in the bar were particularly friendly and soon got used to us coming in for a beer at the end of a sticky day of sightseeing (snacks were always in plentiful supply).

Rooms were modern and comfortable. The pool area overlooks the bay - therewere stunning views of sunsets from here.

Marine Drive is much quieter than much of the rest of the city but you can easily walk to some of the "must see" locations. Having said that taxis are cheap - which probably accounts for the surprising lack of tuck tucks.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Your appreciation of the food served, the facilities offered and our services motivates us in our endeavour to create delight for all our guests.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for support and for kind words of appreciation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Raigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. I liked the location as it was very close to the sea front. A nice hotel that that has all the facilities. Good food and service. Check in and check out though were a bit time consuming. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Was greeted on arrival by very courteous staff. Though booked in advance had to wait for about 80 minutes for room allocation but never mind. I was offered a complementary tea/coffee till I had to wait & I chose Green tea which was superb.

I was also offered a complementary membership but unfortunately it has not been activated as promised. Thanks to systems.

I appreciate the pains taken by front office staff Jubaida till the room was allocated. Ultimately got Room # 1901 which is simply superb.

Rooms are modern and well done up and comfortable. Room service was good and so was the house keeping. The bath room too was nice.
One good aspect I noticed was that the rooms were quiet and there was no unnecessary noise from the air conditioning or from the corridors.
I did make use of the swimming pool and it was nicely maintained. In all a busy but efficient hotel that provided a nice stay. Its really value for money.

Room Tip: Go for Premiere Ocean Facing rooms...................
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Guest,

With regard to your query on the Trident Privilege, please be assured that our Trident Privilege team has activated your membership. Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance, I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Trident was a wonderful refuge in Mumbai. The room, food, and service were beyond our expectations. The lovely lobby restaurant was a perfect place for a light breakfast or afternoon tea. And, the Trident does connect to the Oberoi so shopping and additional restaurants are readily available. The location on Marine Drive was quiet compared to other parts of the city so the Trident proved to be a perfect place to start our India adventure.

Room Tip: If the view is important, ask for a room facing the Arabian Sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen H
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Your appreciation of the food served, the facilities on offer and our services motivates us in our endeavour to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back.