“Standard hotel without fancy surprise”

Ranked #9 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here after our business trip in Mumbai for its proximity to all the tourist sights in South Mumbai. Like I expected, it is a good local hotel, and from a local hotel you can't expect some of the service that you would get from international chains.

Room itself was decently sized and fairly clean, and the room we had came with quite a good view of the sea. Bathroom was okay, not overly spacious. We didn't get free WiFi for our room and would have to pay for it. Not sure if it's because our rate was too cheap?

Hotel lobby was spacious but definitely had a more old-school feel to it. Not surprisingly, Oberoi next door a lot nicer. Breakfast was good in variety and staff was fairly attentive.

One thing I did like about this place was the friendly concierge staff I encountered, who went beyond what was required to make sure I got the information I needed and tried to make my tip pleasant. However, by comparison, their reception and bag drop service seemed in need of improvements--clearly it could be streamlined. Also, putting left baggage outside their office/desk didn't warrant much security for your belongings. I guess one shouldn't put valuables in left luggage to begin with, but it worried me that the left luggage could be taken away by someone else without the staff noticing.

Overall, decent hotel and worth staying if your activities are all within South Mumbai.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point.

We have noted your feedback and please be assured that the Bell desk is in charge of the baggage and valuables of the guest.

We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers. We would be happy to offer you the package for your future visits.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,344)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family stayed in two interconnecting rooms over a 4 night perios. Our package included breakfast, which I highly recommend. We ate, slept and were treated like royalty throughout our entire trip. The children were warmly welcomed and loved exploring around the pool area every afternoon. The staff were extremely kind, which was very appreciated. Breakfast is simply delicious - eat the indian food on option, it is simply divine - as is the mala dosa - oh yum!

Room Tip: Our room was wonderful. Beds very confortable and interconnecting rooms made our stay extrememly ple...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Quigley F
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your feedback has been shared with the team

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Trident was recommended to me by a colleague who lives in Mumbai - it turned out to be an excellent recommendation!
The hotel has a warm ambience and the staff are both friendly and helpful.
My room was modern, comfortable and well appointed.
The breakfast buffet was very good quality with lots of choice.
I also had a treatment at the spa which was first rate.
The hotel provides good levels of security which is reassuring.
Overall a very positive experience! Suited to both personal and business use.
Reasonable rates.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stay was excellent, though for a short duration. The rooms were excellent, though I was not provided sea facing room. Though I was part of 40 member team, the service provided by the hotel was prompt and the hotel staff/mgt could absorb the load without much problem and made us comfortable. Breakfast had good spread. The gym was excellent and laundry services were prompt.

Room Tip: Opt for sea facing rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spent three nights at the Trident Mumbai in one of the suite rooms facing the marine drive.
The view was breathtaking from the 20th floor. Just before dawn we had a stunning view of the full moon setting over the Arabian Sea. We enjoyed our meals and the breakfast had a lot of variety.

Room Tip: The suite room has a beautiful view of the marine drive
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'd normally have chosen a hotel convenient for the airport but I had business in downtown Mumbai this time so chose this hotel in the business district. It takes about 1.5 hours through the traffic to reach the Trident from the airport. As it happened, however, I was pleasantly surprised when, in a car booked effortlessly and not too expensively through the hotel, we soon reached the expressway to take us into the Maharashtrian countryside towards Pune. Worthwhile remembering for next time.

I had booked an Ocean view room and it did not disappoint. The view was stupendous and the 23rd floor Club room was unaffected by the tumult that can be Mumbai's background music.

The room was clean and chicly furnished with an attention to detail and finishing that is sadly still absent in most of India. One does get the impression that Oberoi are very aware of the standards of their competitors and go all out to meet and exceed these expectations. The bed, linens and towels were sparking white and I was particularly impressed with the shower, probably one of the best I have encountered anywhere in my travels around the world. Beware, though, that you might struggle with the shower door if you are less than svelte. There are nice touches in the bathroom such as a hairdryer and cotton wool pads and a magnifying mirror for make-up application.

Reception staff took the time to explain all of the features of my room, including the international socketry, blackout blind operation, safe and free litre of bottled water per day. I really got the impression that the staff could not do enough for me without being ingratiating.

I elected to pay a daily rate for wifi, which connected rapidly and was fast and stable.

I was dieting on the first evening so elected to go to Frangipani for a buffet salad. Leaves and vegetables were fresh and the grilled fish was perfectly cooked. The following morning breakfast buffet included an omelette and not-too-stale croissants, which were perfectly acceptable. The fruit and juices were delicious.

That evening, after a busy and tiring day I went to the Club Bar on the 28th floor and was surprised that a cocktail bar did not list a cocktail as basic as a Dry Martini. Apparently a Mohito was off the menu too and I asked for a Bellini. When it eventually came - I wonder if India in general has a problem with Indian women in Indian clothes drinking alcohol alone - I had a short debate with the young waiter about whether or not my Bellini should actually have contained some sparkling wine. When the error was eventually rectified, - it's a training need for young men who aren't used to Western-style beverages - the hotel could not have been more embarrassingly charming and took every opportunity to apologise and compensate me for their mistake. Aw.

I found the food at the restaurants: the piano bar; Frangipani and India Jones very good if really very pricey for what it was bearing in mind that the hotel room rates are very low compared with many international equivalents. London prices, really. A woman on her own, I was a little nervous of eating outside the hotel but I think I shall explore this option more fully next time.

The next morning I used the very well-equipped gym. Just a little quibble that the resistance weight selection seemed more in tune with bodybuilding men than for us ladies to tone our thighs and triceps but it's only a tiny observation.

I enjoyed the background music tremendously but it might not have been equally to the liking of non-jazz fans. I know how cross they can get!

All in all my stay was extremely enjoyable and I shall look for an opportunity to stay here again next time I come to India.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Your feedback on the service at the Trident Club lounge has been noted and I have shared the same with my team.

We value your feedback; as it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Your feedback is most valuable to us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good service, friendly staff, clean and comfortable. The hotel is also close to some good restaurants (other than its own) and walking distance to Colaba, Gateway etc. Our transfer from the airport was still there even though our flight was a little late and it was great to have a cold towel and cold water on the way to the hotel. Staff are happy to advise on sightseeing, Cashier desk provides good exchange rates and the breakfasts are awesome!

Room Tip: Premier Ocean View rooms have a great sunset view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple