“Reviews were accurate”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore
“Reviews were accurate”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I had to visit Mumbai on short notice and booked last minute at the trident seeing how reviewers here highly recommended this hotel. I must say I agree with the reviewers, service attitude in the hotel is truly excellent. Staff are very attentive and seem to enjoy their work, genuine in caring for their guests. This attitude was seen in everyone from arrival pickup to front desk, housekeeping, pool etc. The hotel is nice, facilities are maintained though the slightly dated. I took a Premier ocean view room, the view was foggy that day, unfortunately otherwise on a clear sunny day the view will probably be stunning. The one disappointment was with the room - I requested and was given a non-smoking room, but unfortunately it seems the previous occupant must have smoked there. The smell permeated throughout the room, and as I checked in late at night and was only staying one night I decided not to fuss nor did I request a room change even though it was a little uncomfortable to sleep with this. The smell stayed throughout the night and next day. I mentioned this to the front desk during check out and he was immediately apologetic. Room otherwise was ok, I liked that a giant bottle of water was made available. Room size was fairly large but surprisingly bathroom was a little small for a room that size. Nonetheless well furnished, though I noticed mould rings around the sink stopper and also at the corners and crevices at the wall near the tub. Housekeeper for that section of the hotel could surely have done a better job cleaning the room. Otherwise everything was just fine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you for your detailed feedback on Trip advisor.

We have noted your overall feedback and we thank you for the same. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,046)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pune
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good location. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful for the most part. The breakfast buffet is wide in range and variety and the fitness center, and staff, excellent. Dinner in their multi-cuisine restaurant was superb.

The service was shoddy in parts. Both during check-in and check-out, their staff grabbed our suitcases without a specific plan - they dragged the bags a short distance and then left them unattended - as a recent reviewer said, not much security for bags during check-in and check-out. The drain in our wash basin was clogged when we checked in and the service during the breakfast buffet was slow and annoying, on both days.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you for your detailed of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Your feedback is definitely a matter of concern and I have personally shared the same with my team. Your feedback is valuable to us which helps us in improving our services.

We value your feedback; as it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

South Africa
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is situated in Nariman Point will wonderful views of the ocean. The check in was smooth & quick. The room had 2 twin beds, lovely bath & shower, mini bar, gowns & a work desk. The coffee shop on the lobby level was wonderful offering speciality coffees & pastries.

Breakfast was also great, with a great choice of international & local foods. Service was efficient and you could take a lovely walk along Marine drive in the evenings watching the locals unwind. Chowpatti beach is not too far from the hotel if you like a longer walk, if not take one of the taxi's or horse drawn carriages for a different experience.

The hotel has a lovely but expensive mall attached to it and the Oberoi hotel connected to it as well. My only complaint is, there is no free Wi-Fi available anywhere in the hotel. The wifi at the hotel is quite expensive compared to the INR10 for 15 minutes that you can get in Colaba.

All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: Exec rooms are the best with sea views and your own lounge
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay and the services extended by my team exceeded your expectations.

We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers. We would be happy to offer you the package for your future visits.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here after our business trip in Mumbai for its proximity to all the tourist sights in South Mumbai. Like I expected, it is a good local hotel, and from a local hotel you can't expect some of the service that you would get from international chains.

Room itself was decently sized and fairly clean, and the room we had came with quite a good view of the sea. Bathroom was okay, not overly spacious. We didn't get free WiFi for our room and would have to pay for it. Not sure if it's because our rate was too cheap?

Hotel lobby was spacious but definitely had a more old-school feel to it. Not surprisingly, Oberoi next door a lot nicer. Breakfast was good in variety and staff was fairly attentive.

One thing I did like about this place was the friendly concierge staff I encountered, who went beyond what was required to make sure I got the information I needed and tried to make my tip pleasant. However, by comparison, their reception and bag drop service seemed in need of improvements--clearly it could be streamlined. Also, putting left baggage outside their office/desk didn't warrant much security for your belongings. I guess one shouldn't put valuables in left luggage to begin with, but it worried me that the left luggage could be taken away by someone else without the staff noticing.

Overall, decent hotel and worth staying if your activities are all within South Mumbai.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point.

We have noted your feedback and please be assured that the Bell desk is in charge of the baggage and valuables of the guest.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family stayed in two interconnecting rooms over a 4 night perios. Our package included breakfast, which I highly recommend. We ate, slept and were treated like royalty throughout our entire trip. The children were warmly welcomed and loved exploring around the pool area every afternoon. The staff were extremely kind, which was very appreciated. Breakfast is simply delicious - eat the indian food on option, it is simply divine - as is the mala dosa - oh yum!

Room Tip: Our room was wonderful. Beds very confortable and interconnecting rooms made our stay extrememly ple...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Quigley F
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 2 May 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your feedback has been shared with the team

Melbourne
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The Trident was recommended to me by a colleague who lives in Mumbai - it turned out to be an excellent recommendation!
The hotel has a warm ambience and the staff are both friendly and helpful.
My room was modern, comfortable and well appointed.
The breakfast buffet was very good quality with lots of choice.
I also had a treatment at the spa which was first rate.
The hotel provides good levels of security which is reassuring.
Overall a very positive experience! Suited to both personal and business use.
Reasonable rates.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stay was excellent, though for a short duration. The rooms were excellent, though I was not provided sea facing room. Though I was part of 40 member team, the service provided by the hotel was prompt and the hotel staff/mgt could absorb the load without much problem and made us comfortable. Breakfast had good spread. The gym was excellent and laundry services were prompt.

Room Tip: Opt for sea facing rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.