“Very good location ... But is it worth the money ?”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The location was excellent, rooms were very small and In room dining awful and vey expensive and thrashy I ordered a sandwich which was tagged ₹950 and it was BAD, the breakfast was good but again not worth the price ...
The staff at the entrance ...the baggage carrier -> very disappointing..
Fine stay but needs much better service and larger rooms

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Manohar J
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and the services extended by my team members were to your satisfaction.

I regret to note that you felt our food prices on the expensive side. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city. I have noted your disappointment with the baggage handling service and I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on 15th floor. The view of the Arabian sea was amazing and the queens necklace absolutely breath-taking at night. The room was luxurious. The hotel has a wonderful location which is its plus point. The staff was very efficient and extremely helpful and took care of our every little need, without any reminders.

Security on entering is reassuring and the place is spotlessly clean with a nice airy lobby and welcoming lounge area in front of reception.

Overall a great place to stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ph_075
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point and thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Its a perfect location in mumbai and the ocean view rooms have a great view. But the size of rooms is average. The rooms are not that luxurious. The hotel has a wonderful location which is its plus point. The breakfast served is excellent and sumptuous . The view from swimming pool is excellent. One can stay here if u r in mumbai for a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2014
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your feedback has been shared with the team

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Trident last weekend - it is a very good hotel , in a very good location and the attention to detail is extraordinary. But there are things here that I did find not completely satisfying. Firstly the good - I've mentioned location and overall quality - security on entering is reassuring and the place is spotlessly clean with a nice airy lobby and welcoming lounge area in front of reception. The pool has many jackdaws that use it as a drinking point and toilet - the bird poo destabilises its PH and it was clearly dirty. Unless you insert chemicals and get rid of those birds you will always have this problem. I also couldn't fathom the lifts - Pool level / no stairs to lobby ?.....very confusing. Check in was excellent but.....I don't need help carrying my hand luggage 10m then taking it away from me and leaving it standing in the middle of the lobby unattended ...then following me up to my room .....then waiting with hand out for a tip?? The service is excellent but I expect that in a five star hotel - especially one where my bill did reflect the service in the room rate , service tax and more tax , and another tax . To compound matters my "free breakfast" had tax upon tax placed upon it. This could be better explained. That said the breakfast was fine - great quality and very tasty , even for a European like me.
The rooms themselves are not massive but much more than I expected in terms of quality - absolutely everything in there from fruit and water on a daily basis , slippers, toothbrush and excellent toiletries. My bed was turned down each evening by the bed fairies , even freshening the towels and tidying - that is all excellent customer / room care and service.
Overall it is a very fine hotel , could for me be even finer with a tiny refocus on customer needs and wants - I don't want to pay someone to carry my bag 10m when I am more than able myself and I want to swim in a clean pool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt44England

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

At the very outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us with regards to Luggage service. Your feedback on the experience at the hotel has been noted and shared with the team.

With regards to your feedback on the tax, please note that we do not levy any Service Charge. The taxes that you see on the bill folio are Service tax and Luxury tax and these are primarily government taxes. Should your rate include breakfast, still we have to charge the tax on the same as per the local tax legislation. I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Having stayed at the Oberoi next door a few months ago I knew that i really liked this location and really like the Oberoi group of hotels and thought the Trident would make for a good and more fiscally responsible compromise when returning for business.
Location indeed is really great, especially if you like the thought of a morning run along the boardwalk or waking up to the sight of the ocean. Not sure about what the regular rooms are like as we were upgraded to the oceanview rooms but they were really great, modern and comfortable! Lobby, however, is in definite need of some updating. A few extra notes:
- Service - true to most of India, service was generally flawless at the front desk and concierge. At the restaurants however, was much slower then necessary and non-existant at the gym.
- Restaurants - breakfast was quite good, with a good mix of western and Indian, buffet and a la carte; the dinner buffet, while quite expensive is also good. Would definitely have liked to see more salad options though. Lettuce consisted of just iceberg which was a disappointment since it is barely a lettuce. The only F&B I ordered at the pool was a salad which came super drenched in dressing i had to send it back to get them to redo without dressing. It came back with half the dressing which was still way too much but by that time I had to leave. Service for all food was quite slow. Had a very small dinner at Indiana Jones which was nice, with a good atmosphere, but did not eat enough to say re quality. Disappointed that no real Indian dishes on that menu but dishes from rest of Asia were plentiful.
- Gym - really nice facilities but zero service there which was surprising.
- Spa - Since they do not have manicure services i went next door to the Oberoi which was a complete disaster - had a 1.5 hour manicure by a woman who has clearly never done a manicure ever before, only to be 'fixed' in the morning by a more senior person who also had no idea what she was doing. If they don't have the capabilities to do it there, shouldn't be offering it!
Overall, I like the hotel, the room and the location and would stay there again if traveling for business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

I have noted your feedback on your disappointment with the menu in the restaurant, the quality of Salad served to you at the pool side and the Manicure offered to you at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Your feedback has been shared with the team and I thank you for the same as, it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in a club room and we were pleased with our room and service. The views across the Bay are amazing and the staff are fantastic in the club lounge. Definately worth upgrading as there are not many restaurants near the Trident.
The only thing that disappointed me and it did have a big impact on our stay and that was the condition of the swimming pool, which was very dirty. The bottom and sides had mould, bird droppings everywhere, loose railing on the step and cracked tile near steps. We never saw anyone test the water or clean the pool. I did ask if we could use the pool at the Oberoi instead and I was told No. It was our first visit to India and i thought this was normal...however it is not. All the other hotels we stayed in had beautiful clean and well maintained pools. A spoiled our stay and we did discuss with the Manager who admitted he does not ho out to see it, so hopefully it has improved.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BUSTYBREEZER
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have noted your feedback about the swimming pool. We were not able to maintain the clarity of water as we were not able to control the pH value of the water. Immediate action was taken however due to the volume of the water it did take time for us to restore the clarity of the water.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us which will help us to improve our service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very good hotel, great facility & Friendly staff. Hotel enviornment leading not a single point you feel away from home. Receiving guest and welcome drink is a bit poor and need some improvement. Airport pickup was good. Food was good but still need improvement on Jain Food. Indian restaurant manager and supervisor were good.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are good and staying inside the room makes a better experience. Though room size re...