“Polite Staff. Comfortable Stay. Superb Swimming Pool & Restaurants.”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #8 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“Polite Staff. Comfortable Stay. Superb Swimming Pool & Restaurants.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a Mumbai resident, but decided to stay a weekend there with my wife, just to get away from the regular hustle and bustle. Since the idea was to rejuvenate, we mostly stayed in the hotel both the nights.

The rooms are comfortable, very hygienic, and had ample toiletries. One thing I found missing were the toothbrushes. Since we were carrying ours anyway, we didn't bother to ask the staff about it.

The restaurants serve some very good food. The breakfast buffets were scrumptious, and I fell in love with the various cheeses they had served on both the mornings. There's a oriental restaurant called India Jones. You must try out their dim sum meals. They have some 40 different types of dim sums, all unlimited, and superbly tasty.

Additionally, if you like Indian food, you should also try Ziya, in the adjacent Oberoi hotel. I have had the best Shahi Tukra in my life, there.

Oh, and I almost forgot about their Swimming pool. It is seriously deep, and 18 feet at the deepest. Since it is atop a few floors and yet under the open sky, you can view the whole of Nariman Point and Marine Drive from there. Just grab a beer, a book and you can spend hours beside the pool!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the rooms towards the sea are highly recommended.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 19 June 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for about 2 weeks and it was absolutely wonderful (although a bit too expensive). The rooms were wonderful and the staff was super helpful. Size of the rooms was quite comfortable and amenities were all very good.

Room Tip: Corner rooms that are open from two sides have an amazing view of marine drive. Try getting one on h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your feedback has been shared with the team

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

calicut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I was in mumbai for a conference and selected this hotel randomly. I checked in the evening and the checkin was breezy.Carried my own bags, no unnecessary intrusions.I got a sea facing room on the 33rd floor.The room looked a bit cramped with the furniture intruding into the space, I feel the spacial planning could have been better.The bathroom again is cramped but comfortable and well kept.The channel selection on the tv is good and balanced. Now bieng on the 33rd floor facing the sea you get superb and relaxing views.I was hugely disappointed by their breakfast spread and restaurant ergonomics.The choices are well not great.The tea was absurdly bland.I had inroom dining and I must confess it was very good and I recommend its better than going to the restaurant. They have an intra hotel shopping mall...avoid it by all means.The bed was too soft for my comfort but it was a very quiet place at night so
had good sleep.I used the pool and found it refreshing but beware of nude guests in the changing room in all their naked glory. I would like them to place swimming goggles for the guest as you look like having eye disease after the swim with the water making your eyes red.The checkout was also breezy .Overall a no frills place which is unobtrusive and simple, just the way I like it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank sr1calicut
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point on Trip Advisor. Your feedback has been shared with the team and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back and we shall spare no effort to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point continues to be your “Home” when you are in Mumbai.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Spent 3 days in mid-May at the Trident. We had decided on it given the Tripadvisor reviews and having located a 3-nights sea-view room package. Our 6-year old daughter loved it (though even she said it could not beat the adjoining Oberoi - where we stayed the previous year!)

Breakfast spread is great and has lots of varieties even for vegetarians. On our visit to the pool level, we also noticed the Mumbai Indians rooms which housed their IPL (2013) and the Champions League trophies - got ourselves nice photos standing up the cup.

Excellent location .. good for a stroll along Marine Drive and a nice walk.

We had a small hiccup at check-out where we noticed and contested some Rs. 500 of mini-bar consumption charges - (we never have mini-bar items in hotels since they are often close to expiry and outrageously priced). Were pleasantly surprised when the person took our word and knocked it off without calls/approvals or any comments about whether we were sure..

All in all - a great stay. We definitely would like to visit at some point in future

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. We thank you for sharing your experience about stay with us.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The location was excellent, rooms were very small and In room dining awful and vey expensive and thrashy I ordered a sandwich which was tagged ₹950 and it was BAD, the breakfast was good but again not worth the price ...
The staff at the entrance ...the baggage carrier -> very disappointing..
Fine stay but needs much better service and larger rooms

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Manohar J

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and the services extended by my team members were to your satisfaction.

I regret to note that you felt our food prices on the expensive side. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city. I have noted your disappointment with the baggage handling service and I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Amritsar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on 15th floor. The view of the Arabian sea was amazing and the queens necklace absolutely breath-taking at night. The room was luxurious. The hotel has a wonderful location which is its plus point. The staff was very efficient and extremely helpful and took care of our every little need, without any reminders.

Security on entering is reassuring and the place is spotlessly clean with a nice airy lobby and welcoming lounge area in front of reception.

Overall a great place to stay :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ph_075
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point and thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip Advisor.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Its a perfect location in mumbai and the ocean view rooms have a great view. But the size of rooms is average. The rooms are not that luxurious. The hotel has a wonderful location which is its plus point. The breakfast served is excellent and sumptuous . The view from swimming pool is excellent. One can stay here if u r in mumbai for a business trip.

• Stayed June 2014
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, 10 June 2014