3,678 results
All reviewsmarine driveindia jonesfrangipani restaurantopium denarabian seaqueen's necklacesea facing roomsouth mumbaithe club loungeroom serviceexcellent hotelmemorable stayduty managerbusiness tripin room diningbreakfast spreadhouse keeping
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Booked this hotel mainly because of its location. It was a mixed experience.

The staff is wonderful with good looking girls at the reception, rooms are modern and very comfortable, spa is excellent and spa staff is very courteous. I forgot my camera at the spa; but was fortunate to have it back when I contacted them about 7 hours late!

There are some wonderful shops in the hotel having all the luxury brands.

The negative point is the entry point: cars were not allowed up till the main porch (due to heightened security); and we had to be dropped at the main gate of the hotel and had to walk upto the porch. The food was also bad. Breakfast buffet was not sumptuous; and the dinner which I ordered in my suite was cold and bland. The chicken was overcooked and poorly dressed. Wine was not cold enough.

I recommend this place for business travelers who have work in South Mumbai; but strongly recommend them NOT to eat at this place.

The bar was however an exception. The bartender was very knowledgable and skillful, ambience was wonderful and snacks were just right.

My suggestion: Have a drink over here and head to either Mahesh Lunch Home (for excellent sea food: don't go by the name) or Cafe Leopold or Bade Miyan for dinner. All of these places are only a few minutes away

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank abhinav_the_explorer
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The accomodation was good and Service was good , however they lost our luggage during check out . My self and wife went out after check out for Mumbai tour and requested the hotel to safe keep the luggage . When we returned back the luggage was missing and was informed that it was accidently handover to some other Guest who left to Domestic Airport. The hotel staff managed to locate the luggage and we were informed that it will be handed over to us by one of their staff in Mumbai internaltional airport. On the way the staff called our driver numerous time and asked him to go to Domestic Airport and collect the luggage ourself . I have to call the duty manager and complain regarding the same and finally it was handed over to us at international airport.

We recived our luggage , however missing of luggage is not something acceptable from a Five Star hotel. Keeping in mind the strict security in place in Mumbai and the scrutiny which someone has to go through if the Luggage is not identified by the person whome it was accidenly handed over .

Coz of the accommodation and other services i would recommend the Hotel to other however the hotel should take measures to ensure that the this kind of incident will not happend again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Dear Mr. Menon,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

At the outset, please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you with regards to the baggage handling. I was also briefed by Mr. Amit Saincher, our Rooms Division Manager about his telephone conversation with you.

Let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical level of service provided by us. We truly regret the inconvenience caused to you as, it has always been our earnest endeavor to provide our guests with the highest standards of service and in this case we have certainly failed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point and I assure you that our endeavour will be to ensure that you have a very pleasant stay.

Reviewed 2 February 2011

I only stayed at the Trident Nariman Point for a night but could easily have stayed her for longer. The room was spacious with a view of the Queen's necklace. Very tasteful and subtle furnishings, lots of light. The staff were all very friendly (ev. The "bellboy" who walked me up to my room was charming and seemed genuinely interested in making me feel comfortable. The hotel very graciously accepted my late check-out request despite the fact that December is high tourist season for India. The only negatives were that check-in required the filling of forms (which I wasn't particularly in the mood to do at 3 in the morning) and the screen for the shower wasn't as clean as it should have been. Overall it was a very positive experience and I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us and it helps us in serving our guest.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

e-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 2 February 2011

This was my second stay at the Trident. On my last stay I had a problem with the bill and wrote a bad review. Management responded and took care of everything, so when I went back to Mumbai I stayed here again.

This time I can say my stay was perfect. I opted for the (expensive ) airport pickup and we were met and escorted to our car by a member of the Trident staff, The hotel staff were all very friendly and the room had a spectacular view.

The hotel location is very convenient for central Mumbai, yet because it overlooks the water it is very calm.

I now give this hotel my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear Mr. MacDonald

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

I was surprised just how modern the rooms are. Bathroom is excellent.
Gym is very good with plenty of equipment.
Breakfast was buffett style although service could be improved. My colleagues weren't impressed with the coffee and tea was ok. Still can't find a hotel that can make bacon and sausages properly.
Overall an excellent hotel with good facilities.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant department.

We thank you for your valuable response. It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.