3,679 results
All reviewsmarine driveindia jonesfrangipani restaurantopium denarabian seaqueen's necklacesea facing roomsouth mumbaithe club loungeroom serviceexcellent hotelmemorable stayduty managerbusiness tripin room diningbreakfast spreadhouse keeping
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I had a comment on my check out that I found a hair on my pillow. I received two phone calls as follow-up. Apologising and details for corrective action. The houskeeping manager called me in my home country asking time to discuss this matter.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your detailed review of our hotel on Trip Advisor

I would like to assure you that the feedback you have left at the hotel as well as on TripAdvisor has been shared with the Housekeeping team.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I have been a regular traveller to the Trident, Nariman Point over the years and am every disappointed by how their standards have fallen.

The Oberoi level of service is legendary, but the Trident has not been able to keep up the standards, even though they are a part of the same group. It starts from the security at the entrance. At every othe hotel in India - where they now x-ray even your handbag before you enter - security staff are very helpful with your bags. At the Trident you;re own on your own - it's almost as if they really don't want you to ener the hotel - it inconveniences them.

Room service food quality is terrible - last week they made a mess of the staple Indian daal.

Staff is generally good, but you get the occasional staff member who seems to have trained with the security guards and really doesn't give a damn - the list is endless.

At around Rs 10,000 a night, it is just not worth it - you can get a far better room at that price anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and wanted to stay longer. The room, on the club floor, overlooked the bay. The service was excellent and the food, a combination of Indian and Continental specialties was wonderful.

Cocktail hour on the 28th floor was a treat. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation for the service and food served motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

Stayed for two nights at the Trident, and the location and the views from the guest rooms are amazing! Unfortunately, I did get the old room (some of the rooms have been renovated) which lacks character. The staff at the hotel is really good. The buffet breakfast is boring and lacks choice! The coffee and hot chocolate were not good at all, you don't expect that from a five-star hotel. But the service and the location is very good, which makes you want to come back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. We thank you for your feedback and assure you that corrective measures have been implemented.

We would appreciate if you could provide your details so that we can block a room of your preference for your future stay with us.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

Booked this hotel mainly because of its location. It was a mixed experience.

The staff is wonderful with good looking girls at the reception, rooms are modern and very comfortable, spa is excellent and spa staff is very courteous. I forgot my camera at the spa; but was fortunate to have it back when I contacted them about 7 hours late!

There are some wonderful shops in the hotel having all the luxury brands.

The negative point is the entry point: cars were not allowed up till the main porch (due to heightened security); and we had to be dropped at the main gate of the hotel and had to walk upto the porch. The food was also bad. Breakfast buffet was not sumptuous; and the dinner which I ordered in my suite was cold and bland. The chicken was overcooked and poorly dressed. Wine was not cold enough.

I recommend this place for business travelers who have work in South Mumbai; but strongly recommend them NOT to eat at this place.

The bar was however an exception. The bartender was very knowledgable and skillful, ambience was wonderful and snacks were just right.

My suggestion: Have a drink over here and head to either Mahesh Lunch Home (for excellent sea food: don't go by the name) or Cafe Leopold or Bade Miyan for dinner. All of these places are only a few minutes away

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business