3,678 results
All reviewsmarine driveindia jonesfrangipani restaurantopium denarabian seaqueen's necklacesea facing roomsouth mumbaithe club loungeroom serviceexcellent hotelmemorable stayduty managerbusiness tripin room diningbreakfast spreadhouse keeping
Reviewed 5 March 2011

You don't go to the Trident for the couleur locale: let's be honest, it's not really there. But after a long trip from Europe to a hot (in our case: rainy), crowded city, it is a perfect place to come to your senses. The rooms are very comfortable and guarantee a good night's rest. The staff is very friendly and helpful (althought it still is a hassle to enter the hotel throught the security checkpoint; the hotel obviously (and rightfully) doesn't want to relive the nightmare a few years ago. The breakfast buffet is good - as you may expect for that price - but the restaurants in teh hotel generally are slightly overpriced and not that great (if you go for traditional Indian food). We preferred to head downtown for lunch and dinner (try "Kyber"!)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Tripadvisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I appreciate you taking your valuable time and giving us the detailed feedback on our services. I regret to note that you felt our restaurants overpriced. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

e-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 2 March 2011

We only stayed one night and booked the lowest class of room, thinking it would still be worth the price. The room was clean and large, but the decor is a little tired and we also noticed a mustiness in the room. The worst, though, was that they were doing loud repairs on four of the rooms across the hall from us, and I had the bad misfortune to be stranded in the room with health issues. After a few hours of sporadic drilling and pounding noises, I had had enough and called downstairs to complain. The desk manager said he would look into it and the noise stopped within half an hour - though no one called back to ensure this had happened or to offer an explanation. I stopped by the desk later to express my displeasure at the fact that we'd essentially been lodged in a construction site. He then offered to move us to a new room. By this point it was already 8:00 pm. The repairs were already ongoing when we checked in at 1:00 pm.

While we were upgraded to a Club Room - which, by the way, was beautiful, though in my opinion does not justify the significant jump in price (do I really need electric blinds on the bathroom window? why is the window even there?) - no one called to follow up and ensure that our complaint had been addressed. Considering this is a five-star hotel, I found the service disappointing. Perhaps the service is better for those booking a higher class of room.

The location and facilities are certainly the strongest points. However, because it's right on the water, the pool deck is more like a wind tunnel; I ate and read there, but with great difficulty. I would also recommend checking out the pizza place a few streets north - great spot to have a beer and watch the people go by as the sun sets over the water.

If money were no object, I would stay here again. As a "splurge" stay, I'm afraid my expectations weren't quite met.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I deeply regret that during your stay with us, you have not encountered the level of service that you expected from our hotel. I have personally shared your feedback with the concerned department and let me assure you that you will have no further cause for any complaint in relation to our service.

Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps in serving our guest, however I would appreciate if you could give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I had a comment on my check out that I found a hair on my pillow. I received two phone calls as follow-up. Apologising and details for corrective action. The houskeeping manager called me in my home country asking time to discuss this matter.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your detailed review of our hotel on Trip Advisor

I would like to assure you that the feedback you have left at the hotel as well as on TripAdvisor has been shared with the Housekeeping team.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I have been a regular traveller to the Trident, Nariman Point over the years and am every disappointed by how their standards have fallen.

The Oberoi level of service is legendary, but the Trident has not been able to keep up the standards, even though they are a part of the same group. It starts from the security at the entrance. At every othe hotel in India - where they now x-ray even your handbag before you enter - security staff are very helpful with your bags. At the Trident you;re own on your own - it's almost as if they really don't want you to ener the hotel - it inconveniences them.

Room service food quality is terrible - last week they made a mess of the staple Indian daal.

Staff is generally good, but you get the occasional staff member who seems to have trained with the security guards and really doesn't give a damn - the list is endless.

At around Rs 10,000 a night, it is just not worth it - you can get a far better room at that price anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and wanted to stay longer. The room, on the club floor, overlooked the bay. The service was excellent and the food, a combination of Indian and Continental specialties was wonderful.

Cocktail hour on the 28th floor was a treat. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation for the service and food served motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.