“Don't get lured by the airport tariff cards”
Review of Hotel Atlantic

Hotel Atlantic
Ranked #330 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Gandhidham, India
“Don't get lured by the airport tariff cards”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Landed at Mumbai international airport and since i had to stay for a day in mumbai, i opted to use the airport service for hotel bookings. For some reason, the particular day, all other hotels near the airport were fully booked.
The lady at the counter suggested this hotel and i managed to coax her to reduce the room rate to 3500 including pickup and drop from the airport. Had a hard time finding the hotel in the first place and as soon as we checked in, being dead tired from a long flight, we just crashed.
The decor of the room was pathetic, room service took ages and the staff not very courteous. only the doorman seemed to be nice. There is a nice restaurant called Little rock about 300 yrds from the hotel, had dinner there. At night, we were kept up by the constant noise from the hallway and the bed was full of bedbugs.
I was really pissed by morning, when it was time to check out and i gave the receptionist an earfull. He apologised profusely and even slashed 500 rs off my bill.
To summarise it, dont stay in the hotel, if you can spend a little more, choose some other hotel....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shehwaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
billericay
Reviewed 18 August 2009

As previous reviews the domestic airport lured me there. The rate was 2750 inc tax. My room was pretty bad. I felt the cleaning staff were hanging around my room and made me nervious. All the other reviews seem to be acurrate. Only positive side, its near the airport and they pick you up and drop off for free

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank martinryder1956

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

leicester
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I was recommeded this hotel by the hotel reservations desk at the Domestic Airport in Mumbai who assured me it was a good 2* hotel. The rate given was 3500 rupees but I managed to get it down to 3000 and was looking to stay for 3 nights. On getting to the hotel which nobody in Juhu seemed to recognise by name, I checked in with a freiend of mine and was shown down a dingy corrider to our room. What I was greeted with was a room that was an insult to the hotel trade. The curtains were hanging off the rails, the bed sheet had looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks and the toilet was enough to give anyone constipation. As we had arrived late in the evening we slept in our clothes the forst night, checked out at the crack of dawn and checked in at the 4* Ramee Guestline down the road for 2000 rupees a night more. You only make the mistake once in you life! and this was that once!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank pramzy
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 April 2009

You reach Mumbai past 2100hrs. Your next flight is early in the morning. What do you do? In my backpacking days I have spent the night on the airport floor. Now its probably the age - but you have access to the lounge!
But then age catches up again and you can't sit up the whole night even if it is in the air-conditioned lounge. So you walk out of the arrival lounge and the lady at the help desk says you can find a room in a hotel close by. Took up the offer once and accepted a room at the Atlantic.
This time I contacted the front desk directly. Yes - I went back. Two reasons - first it is conveniently close, second you can be sure they have clean linen and fresh towels. Also a third - they will arrange a pick up and drop off at the specified time - close to midnight (this time my flight was delayed) and early morning (0430hrs).
To be honest, I haven't seen the place in daylight but looking at the register in the it does seem to be a favourite for people passing through and spending only a few hours in the city. I guess it would look a little dingy.
If it is of any value - you are staying bang next to The Kishore Kumar Bungalow - residence of one of the country's most loved playback singers.
I suggest you give it a shot - may be you'll come back every time!

• Liked — Location close to the airport
  • Disliked — May seem dingy in the daytime
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 September 2007

We booked this hotel from the domestic airport, hotel reservation stall, included in the cost was pickup and drop off to the airport, i was really surprised by the cost of the hotels in Bombay, this was in my experience a 2star hotel but it cost Rs 3500. which in my mind was not worth it, the only good thing was it was near to Juhu beach, the staff was ok, the restaurant called Little italy in the same building is very expensive and serves italian food, ie, pizzas, but good food and good wine list. if you order food by room service it is cheap and really good, indian food.

The only problem we had was that our room had a connecting door to another room, through which you could hear the tv from the other room and the conversation, so it is your luck if you have to sleep early and the other room occupants want to watch tv.

In the morning our hotel drop off was not there, and no wake up call in the morning. But after a few hot words by my wife, they got an autoriksha but with our bags, we demanded a taxi, and got one but had to pay for it ourselves.

• Liked — near to juhu beach
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple