“very expensive”

Hotel Unicontinental Mumbai
Ranked #337 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
india
“very expensive”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

i stayed in this hotel for one night and they charged 2500/- for which is on very higher side as compare to the service and condition of the hotel staff is rude breakfast is horrible and of no use at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We switched from another hotel across the road, extremely dissatisfied with the service there. The hotel management gave us generous discounts (for a group of 40) and we were quite impressed by the spaciousness of the rooms. For a very decent price, the hotel offers fairly reasonable service and has a solid location in Khar (50 steps from the railway station).

The penthouse is perfect for a group party, which we often enjoyed over our 4 day stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 June 2013

After having a bad experience of 2 days at a hotel across the road, this hotel came as a relaxation.
The hotel staff and management is very friendly.
The rooms are quiet comfortable.
It was value for money :)
In all, a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our initial experience with this hotel was fine. We were welcomed warmly, and got to rest after many hours of travel & time changes. The hotel was clean compared to most, and the manager was eager to sell us some travel packages. However, one evening we returned to the hotel late at night, and were treated very poorly. We sat near the steps of the hotel, playing cards, not wanting to go to bed yet. The front desk had the police called on us, what a culture shock! The police had nothing to say to us, as we were doing no wrong. I suppose since there were males in our group of friends, our hotel manager was offended (we were female travelers). Our male friends left, and we went to bed. The next morning, I was sat down and humiliated by the male manager (before 5 female staff members) and given a stern talking to. I was told that our behavior wasn't savory and that we acted in a shameful way. I was asked to apologize.... for keeping male company outside of the hotel (playing cards in the street)?!?! I realize that moral values are different from the west, but this treatment was unreasonable. I hope anyone who is even THINKING about staying there reads this. Be prepared to be scolded for your "Western ways"!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank katieleblanc24

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Well this is how i ended up here. i was at the airport, they flight got canceled due to runway issues & i departed the next day. it was already 3AM and a few hotels nearby the airport i went to were sold out. I dont know how i ended up here but it was probably the taxi guy trying to get some commission.
Anyway the hotel provided me with decent sleep & a poor shower -but i made it out ok & felt clean on my flight back to the states & thats all that mattered to me at the time.
i spend i believe $70 to stay here -guy working downstairs not too bad -this hotel isnt for everyone you have to be willing to slum it. i'd say even the locals probably complain about this hotel. Read the others reviews here which are accurate. Probably one of the worst hotels ive ever stayed at, im surprised its on trip advisor since i thought it was local Mumbai clientele that stayed here. You know what -if your reading this review that means you should not stay at this hotel -it will de-evolve you as a human.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TattooedPassport
goa
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Its not what one can call a hotel. I was given DELUXE room which was truly horrible. The walls were stained and dirty, the furniture was chipped, the bed linen was stained, the bathroom was worse than you find on indian railway stations! There was no hot water, toilet paper and the wash basin was tiny and un usable. A true case of milking the cow, and fooling the non aware traveller. A room change was offered after much fuss, which was slightly more modern, slightly cleaner and tolerable for the price one was paying. The breakfast room was dingy, furniture strewn around, rats running around the place, and was totally avoidable. Save the location, nothings worth staying here.

Room Tip: don't go there!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank freebird64
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

When I was in India I became extremely ill with falciparum malaria which I picked up in Africa, not in India. The hotel had a concierge assist me in getting to the hospital the day before my flight. This person stayed with me at the hospital while I received IVs and helped me back to the hotel. My flight the next day was at 4:30 in the morning and the clerk at the desk came to my room more than once to wake me and helped me pack because I was so ill. This hotel, and hotel staff, went above and beyond their call of duty to ensure my safety during a time of emergency for me. The rooms were clean and there were many people to ask for help. Furthermore, I received an unexpected discount. I thought I had owed money at the end of my stay and the clerk who had helped me pack as well told me no, someone had called, possibly my mother, and paid off my debt of 2,000 rupees. I was shocked, but delirious with fever so I didn't think anything about it. My mother later assured me that she had nothing to do with it so I now think that guy had just given me a discount because I was so sick. He also called a taxi for me and helped me load my luggage. Well, the airline wouldn't let me fly because I was jaundiced and obviously sick so after a seven day stay in Mukund Nagar Hospital (avoid that place at all costs) I came back to the UniContinental. The people were just as nice and sympathetic as they had been before. Plus, it's super convenient to the train station. I will definitely use this hotel again next time I travel to India. Like I said, they went above and beyond when they really didn't have to.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank embenefi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mumbai (Bombay)
The UniContinental Hotel
The UniContinental Hotel
#361 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Regal Enclave
Hotel Regal Enclave
#70 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Red Palm
Hotel Red Palm
#347 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Pali Beach Resort
Pali Beach Resort
#220 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Chakrika Lodging
Chakrika Lodging
#16 of 28 in Thane
Liberty Hotel
Liberty Hotel
#372 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)

Been to Hotel Unicontinental Mumbai? Share your experiences!