“A lot to improve”

The Residence Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #102 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A lot to improve”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

At the onset i must say i like the place. However, there is a lot to improve.

I stayed here for 2 weeks.As far as location is concerned, not much can be done. It is where it is. What can surely be helped is to make sure gates of adjoining Ramada hotel and positioning of guards. At the moment they give an impression each time you enter the place that probably you are staying at a poor cousin of the hotel next door.

Staying 2 weeks in a hotel is not always easy and it becomes worse if staff are cold. Other than security guards, i don't think any other member of staff used to give any gesture of familiarity. That when i would have all my breakfast and dinner at the hotel for 2 weeks.

The usual breakfast buffet was decent mix of indian and english options. However, the weekend breakfast brunch are organized at Ramada next door and are supposed to be offered as an upgrade but it turns out be a poor show as there are people from outside coming as well and in house guests have to queue up to get basic food. We struggled the one weekend that we stayed in hotel.There were no other options at the Residence other than cereals and milk. And the worst part was the response at the front desk when asked for alternate breakfast - "this is all we have and we can not help".

The room is decent otherwise, basic service is ok usually. However, with its location disadvantage, it must compensate with extra effort on service quality. I would say with just average service, it can not expect more than a 3 star rating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
ResidencePowai, Manager at The Residence Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from The Residence Hotel!!

We thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation.We understand & sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.We value your comments & surely look at correcting ourselves & improving our service standards.

We hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.Rest assured we shall render our best services & leave no space for any kind of discomfort.

Thanking you

Jessie Dsouza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2013

what a nice place, I received an invitation to the india and took advantage, nocowałym in this hotel for 5 days, I got a room with a great view of the city and the countryside, quiet and peaceful as a paradise great place I very rested, very delicious food, television and the internet are just a few of the many advantages, low price and high quality because this is my favorite hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank oleczek1
ResidencePowai, Manager at The Residence Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your time taken to write a review about the hotel & its services.We are always striving to achieve higher guest satisfaction & comfort.

We shall further enhance our services to ensure better comfort & ambience in your future visits.

Once again .Thanking you

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed for three weeks, and i must say the services were excellent. Rooms are fine and always freshened up. I realy liked the views and swiming pools stands out. I liked the level of professionalism displayed by the staffs. Chitan, Kaushal,Rajana, Dharmenra, Aftabdeen were outstanding. I recommend a stay while in Mumbai.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

We thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation.We are glad to know about your satisfaction with the hotel and its services.We assure you of better services every time you stay with us.We shall further strive to achieve more success at our service levels & improve.

Once again,thanking you

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 June 2013

So I've stayed twice at this hotel, and both have been the worst rollercoaster rides ever.
Most recently, I was upgraded to a suite, making me think "Heck, that's cool. Maybe I'll enjoy it this time". I was already prebooked for 10 days, so like any logical person I thought I was given the suite for the whole tenure of my stay. Alas ! I couldn't be more wrong ! On the 4th day of my stay, at 9pm in the night, the manager comes in and asks me to shift to a standard room, saying somebody else has booked the suite.
Firstly, how can anybody book a room if it is already occupied ? If it was an early booking, why put a guest in a room (knowing he has to stay for 10 days) in a room which has to be vacated in 3 days ? On asking them, all I could get was dumb expression on their faces. Couldn't really argue much as was down with fever.
During my previous visit in Feb, they made us change rooms thrice (yes, 3 times) over our course of stay for 6 days.
Bottom line: If you have a choice, avoid this hotel like a pair.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation & giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay.We do face such sold situations many times & have to upgrade some of the guest for that particular day or days.

In such situations we would require the room back as there could be future bookings for that particular room type.

But we sincerely apologize for the above as it is upsetting for any guest to keep moving rooms during his or her stay.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future

Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel itself is nice. Rooms are very spacious and clean.
But you do not have a lot of dining options around. I personally did not like the buffet spread - Breakfast options are limited too
As compared to other business travel hotels that I have stayed in Mumbai this is strictly to be preferred if I only need a place to sleep at night.
No good restaurants closeby - but you can always go to Powai which is only 3 -4 Kms from this place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir/ Madam,

We thank you for taking your precious time & writing about your experience with us.We definitely would work on your comments & look to improve the quality of food & its services.

Thanking you

Pool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

An average hotel overlooking the shanti towns of Mumbai is probably how I would describe it best, although some of those shanti houses have satellite TV, and although I didn't, I would have no problem with popping out to the nearest shop to get anything I needed, well, in the daytime anyway.

What did annoy when we were leaving, was one of the hotel staff took my bag (hand luggage back pack) before I realised what was happening. He put it in the taxi - then expected a tip and making it quite clear a tip was expected. It just makes me think all the smiles you get on arrival and departure are, well, fake really. I didn't give him a tip.

On the flip side the pool is fantastic, exactly what we needed after a long flight.

About 30 minutes from the domestic airport at lunchtime, its pretty close and the international airport even closer.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the shanti towns and the pool, its quite a contrast to see in one
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

We thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation.We also apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would take this comment as a tool tool to improve our services further.

Once again thanking you

Chandigarh
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Paid over Rs.5000 for a night, that too on a discounted price through hotels.com. It seemed like a budget hotel. Room cleanliness was below average. Variety of food in breakfast was poor and so was the quality. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank s_rupinder
Iftekhar M, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai. Your feedback is valuable to us. The entire team at The Residence Hotel & Apartments is disappointed to know that your expectations were not met.

I have personally looked into this matter and also shared your valuable feedback with the relevant team. We would like to assure you of a better experience.

Do let me know when you are next in Mumbai and please be assured that the team is geared up to ensure that your perception about the hotel changes for the positive and I will be pleased to personally look after all the aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel.

With warm regards,