“Rooms are good but food is terrible”

Residency Hotel Andheri
Ranked #52 of 446 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kolkata
“Rooms are good but food is terrible”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at this place for 3 days in June 2013. Its very near to the airport. Only a half an hour drive in peak traffic hours. Rooms are good and quite spacious. They clean it regularly and its well furnished. They have a buffet lunch and a breakfast. But food quality is pretty bad. I would suggest dont order anything from the kitchen and dont take the buffet meal. Breakfast at least someone can take as bread , chocos, cornflakes , fruit juices are available. But rest of teh food is absolutely tasteless and its recommended that the hotel should change its cook. Otherwise the hotel staffs are cordial and helpful and since i travelled with my small kid they allowed an extended check out till 3 pm. That was so nice of them and i am really grateful to them for the cooperation received.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Arunima2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Pune, India
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean but the room which was alloted to me had a latch which was not functioning. They changed my room however the AC and TV in the other room were not working. I was told to shift to another room. I was extremely pissed off with the hotel management and i conveyed my extreme displeasure. However they upgraded my room to a high end room without increasing the room rent. This new room was very good and i did not face any problems after that. The room service is good and the food prices are reasonable. The breakfast is OK.
Last but not the least, the bathrooms in this room were glass walled and transparent, and there was absolutely no room even to accomodate a curtain or block the view to someone who is not inside the bathroom!! This was certainly the wierdest thing ive ever noticed in an hotel.

Room Tip: Please ask the hotel staff to ensure that everything in the room...from phone to bathroomshower is f...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aries81297654
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I found this medium priced hotel close to the Mumbai airport (20 min, there is closer, but this was not bad) via the Airport guides wwwsite and checked with Tripadviser comments. They said to have a shuttle for the airport, which I was looking for, as I was spending 1 night before flying on from the Domestic airport. I e-mailed several times, but no answer. So I finally called, so not so happy I had to call, to find out how the shuttle worked and timings etc. They were good on the phone, though was reconnected after a while only, they asked for flt details and number and I asked for contact person and number, as I arrived at Midnight on my own ( lady travelling alone in India ….) so I preferred being on the safe side. I had a flight the next afternoon at 1.25pm. Upon arrival I did not see them at first but then I saw my name, but the flt details were wrong. They guy was also not called Prakash, but Ashok and his number was not the number given to me ? What to do ; 0.45am in the morning Mumbai Airport, my first time to BOM, I usually fly via DEL. I was tired and fed up of flying so I decided to go ahead with him. He took me to the car park and after some time a taxi arrived, he put my suite case in the booth and told me to go in. All of that via our hands and feet, as he did not speak English.... neither did the driver. Any way after 20 min in heavy traffic we arrived at the hotel. The reception was good and quick and the receptionist murmured something like upgrading me, so I am not sure what kind of a room I received, most probably better then I paid for. The room was very good. Only I could not get the TV going ( with the 2 remotes..) after a bell boy, had helped me up, to the 7th floor, my whle room was smelling like perspiration. I asked the reception to send someone else for the TV. Again no English but the TV started working and we found CNN & BBC. I wanted to see news on Boston. Room was very nice, modern and comfortable, see pictures. Next morning , twice they knocked on the door, though I had the outside light switched on DO not Disturb.. Breakfast, that was included, was an indian one as advised, Indian,I thought quite nice, there was bread and jam too. Only no coffee / tea. When I mentioned that to the reception, that that would be great with Breakfast they told me I should have been proposed that by the staff .( But I seemed the only international guest and English was clearly an issue). There was too many staff in the small self-service Breakfast room, one could hardly move, and the uniforms of the staff were quite dirty, for a restaurant, but rest was ok. Then the check-out and asking for the Shuttle to the airport : It then appeared, they do not have a shuttle as marked in all there resa adds, but they arrange a taxi at your cost, for you. I told them I did not accept that as then they should tell their client that, not only at check out. They called a very young assistant manager, who just started at that hotel,, 5 days before, but extremely guest service oriented who managed the situation very well and they arranged a taxi, for me, but, then called me in the room, an hour later, that I had to leave much earlier, as they had a taxi, who had to collect someone leaving. Since that was enough, I packed and left, as asked, and spent 3 hrs at the Starbucks at the airport. So if you know that they can arrange a taxi and have at least at the 7th floor, very good rooms, are inexpensive and staff at reception and resa speak good English, I think you can take this hotel for an overnight stay. Internet was not free, but worked, they said.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the odd number side. I had asked for a quiet room, but was in 770, and...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I regularly stay here for 3-4 nights per month. Every time it's a compromise just for the sake of distance to my office in Andheri E. Service is good and warmth. But when it comes to cleanliness and look of rooms it's a torture. I was in their premium floor (8th floor). 1st morning I woke up and was greeted by 2 cockroaches(alien intruders). I thought its ok again to compromise to the feasibility of distance to my office. 2nd morning was horrific with 9(precisely) cockroaches all over my room. The duty manager and house keeper just said sorry and were least apologetic towards the state of room. Next day and even during my next visit(I'm not sure how to justify why I went back) the same duty manager refused to acknowledge my presence and visit. How pathetic can that be. I'm also attaching pics of this hotel rooms with cockroaches pics. I'll go back to avoid crazy hotels around that vicinity and torture of commuting in Mumbai

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sri75_2000
Gandhidham, India
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Had booked this hotel after going through the reviews on tripadvisor.
Although i arrived before checkin time there was no problem in checking in and room given to us was pretty good. We did have a small issue with the bed and upon voicing our concern we were upgraded to the club room for no additional cost. As mentioned in earlier reviews, the club rooms have a glass walled bathroom which may not be comfortable for indian travellers.
All the staff are very helpful and always smiling.
Rooms are well appointed and wifi is available at a minimal cost.
Only thing which was an issue was the quality of food. It can do with some improvement. The complimentary brkfast is decent enough but the lunch and dinner menu can be improved.

The food was probably the only issue due to which i think this hotel is nearly excellent.

Definite option for stay next time in mumbai. 2 thumbs up...

• Stayed May 2013
Dubai,U.A.E
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel is located close to the International Airport and the hotel Pick up service was good. Rooms are clean, spacious and airy. Fortunately we did not get the glass-walled bathroom! The complimentary buffet breakfast had many choices for the Indian palate. Room service, housekeeping services were prompt and cooperative. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are taxis outside the hotel which can be booked for day transport within the city. However there are no eating joints within walking distance from the hotel. Internet services are available at a reasonable rate. Our stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Vallabh Vidya Nagar
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed one night at the Residency and liked the fact that the room was clean and the staff were nice. They were friendly and upgraded us to a nice, big room with a rather curious "clear glass walled" bathroom (referred to by other travelers.) The lunch buffet was good value, the food was tasty and the waiter smiling and helpful. This is important because the hotel is not in a neighborhood where you can just walk down the street and find a restaurant. This hotel is well-located for the airport, or if you have business in Andheri East (Andheri West is a 30+ minute rickshaw/taxi ride away.) It's too far away from South Mumbai if you are planning to do any sightseeing or strolling in interesting neighborhoods. It's conveniently located right near the north/south highway. We would definitely stay here again if we needed to be in the neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple