“Gallery of products with outstanding twists of design”
Review of Design Temple

Design Temple
Ranked #62 of 181 Shopping in Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Design Temple Colaba houses a visual gallery for contemporary artworks, a creative cave for much needed community interaction and a gift shop. Ranging from illustrations, and photography to typography and more - The Artworks Gallery always has a seasonal show on view - and an expansive, exceptional collection of affordable art and design prints for sale. Talks, meet-ups and other events, tying in with the season's display, are a regular feature, and usually free, so check in on our website to get listed. We dont serve tea or coffee - but guests are encouraged to (BYOB) Bring Their Own Brew, while they visit the gallery or browse through the gift shop and hunt for cool prints and collectibles.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Visiting "Design Temple" was truly an experience for me.
The store itself looks like an art gallery, every product in this store is unique as its designed by design temple itself, so they don't stock other brands which is the best thing.
They have a huge range of products like peacock wall mirrors(its not a regular wall mirror, its an exquisite collector's piece) then there is tableware, napkin holders etc. which is very modern yet simple in design and impeccable in finish. The bell shaped ceiling lamps, mugs, tea set designs are all inspired by the contemporary india which makes the product even more fascinating.
On the other side of the store you'll see a huge wall of graphic paintings, unique rugs and art pieces which of-course you won't find elsewhere.
There is a section of clothing which i found very exclusive, its lounge wear for both men & women. I have a lot of Favorites in the store, but do check out the ling candles and the day planner diaries (they're awesome)
This store has a perfect blend of products, from home decor to daily usable items and
for buying souvenirs from India or gifting the special ones* id recommend you to buy it from design temple.
I visit the store each time i'm in mumbai, its in the heart of Colaba right behind Taj and opposite to Starbucks.
P.S - you'll fall in love with the meticulous peacock mirror!!!
Cheers!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Easily my favorite store in the country, Design Temple is beautifully laid out & stocked with all kinds of gorgeous and collectible objects- from tableware, bell lamps and rugs to candles and unique bedspreads.

This store includes everything that can give your living space an extraordinary touch-you can buy it for yourself or gift it to your family and friends (unique gifts with a touch of Indian Urban design).

Store's location is an advantage too- opposite the new Strabucks at the Taj Mahal Hotel, Colaba. Top 10 Mumbai attractions list always has Gateway of India as number 1 place to visit , & I strongly recommend a visit to Design Temple is a must. You will come back for sure as I do on each and every single trip to Mumbai & I love it.

My friends always thank me for the unique gifts that I have bought for them from this store. Their favorite items ?? - tableware & the candles. Planning to go there in March again, needless to say that half-a-day is booked for Design Temple & this time I am planning to get the rugs for my new house in Singapore. I have to check out their newly launched fashion section too. If you visit the store before I do, let me know about your experience. Till then, happy holidays everyone & happy shopping.

4  Thank Manisha2014