“loved the hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Juhu Hotel

Juhu Hotel
Ranked #276 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
srinagar
“loved the hotel”
Reviewed 4 December 2008

it is a nice hotel, close to the city. the maintenance is very good, i enjoyed the four days stay. the standard rooms are bettter than the executive rooms.

Stayed August 2008

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Eliot, Maine
Reviewed 12 April 2006

The Juhu Hotel is a place of faded glory. In the past it saw its day, as it is in a pretty good location, i.e. its back overlooks Juhu Beach, it has palm trees and not bad architecture. It's not on the busy part of Juhu Beach where all the booths are, that's about half a mile or so to the south. I booked a standard room, and when I arrived I asked to see it. I was shown a tacky, sterile room with dirty walls. I believe I was shown it as an incentive to get me to take the more expensive room, which I did, though it wasn't a whole lot better. At least, no bugs. Fairly clean room. Nice exterior to some of the rooms, but overall a place in need of repair and renovation. Standard rooms are shameful. Guards at the gate prevent riffraff, but otherwise, the rooms provide little security. I show photo of flimsy door lock, and bathroom window anybody could break into. Outdoor "lawn" is a sad joke; not a blade of grass, a dirt area with a tragically worn out, rotted away red carpet that bride and groom walk down, when wedding parties rent their "lawn" overlooking the sea. Dirty, chipped chairs and tables in outdoor restaurant, I wouldn't dream of eating there. Fortunately the Razzberry Rhinoceros disco at this hotel is now closed; that would have been noisy. Speaking of noise, the kitchen staff washes dishes loudly all night right behind the guest rooms, and the slotted bathroom window lets the outside noise in. I use earplugs, so could live with that. I learned that the hotel owner lives in the most exclusive part of Mumbai. He should take a few bucks and make the rooms nicer, get new outdoor furniture, pave the parking lot, get new softer mattresses, add an internet connection. TV, phone; no fridge, no safe, no internet, no bathtub. Shower is just part of the bathroom, no curtain. But hey, while using the toilet, if you lean a bit to the left and turn on the water, you can take care of two things at once! Mattresses VERY thin and not soft at all. No internet connection, though I asked the staff at night and they were nice and let me use the hotel's computer to check my e-mail. I didn't try any of the food, I ate elsewhere. (The Marriott Juhu Beach is almost next door and you can walk over for a superb breakfast buffet; it's a FAR better, cleaner, more professional hotel, no comparison.) Across the street from the Juhu Hotel is a dry cleaners and a Baskin-Robbins ice cream store. At night the street out front is impassable due to traffic; crossing is impossible. Lots of kids driving, and families out. I would give it maybe one and a half stars. I wouldn't stay there unless I had to; I did, because I was attending a conference near the airport but couldn't afford the tariff at the big hotels near the airport. If I had it to do over, I'd bite the bullet and try to get a good rate at one of them instead.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business