“Courteousness needed in handling regular guests”
Review of Hotel Bawa Suites

Hotel Bawa Suites
Ranked #138 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Courteousness needed in handling regular guests”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Avoid this Hotel, if you feel that you are a regular guest and would be welcomed and you would be specially treated. Despite patronizing this Hotel for so many years and giving them positive feedback in the same forum with words of appreciation, it all turned out to be a damp squib. The untrained and novice Front Desk Receptionist Ms. Suhani, did not entertain my request for a single day extension of my stay as my work was unfinished.

And everyone (the staff of the other departments like House keeping, Room Service etc) were equally shocked when I was asked to check out in a short time. I do understand that such Check Outs are forced only when the guests are rude or act against the rules of the Hotel management. But just because the Hotel was overbooked, does not mean that a regular guest patronizing the Hotel should be treated in such a manner?

A SERIOUS WORD OF ADVICE " AVOID THE PROPERTY"

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Deepak G
ManagerSuites, Owner at Hotel Bawa Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings form Bawa Group of Hotels…!

I thank you for posting your review on trip advisor and alerting the management about the incident.

After interrogating the senior staff, we found that the receptionist was just doing her best to manage the sold out position of the hotel rooms.

However, I personally apologize, if you think she was rude and for the inconvenience caused to you for the forceful check out the other day.

If you would have informed the hotel a day prior for your stay to be extended, we would have done our best to accommodate the same.

Since it was a last minute extension request from your end and the hotel was in a sold out position hence, we couldn’t do much.

As you would be aware any hotel would not deny a stay to the incoming guest, who has already made the booking in advance with the hotel and the hotel has conformed the same.

It is a humble request to forgive this incident as a one off & give us an opportunity to compensate for the inconvenience caused to you and we look forward to have you stay with us again.

Bawa Vikramveer Singh
Owner & MD
Bawa Group of Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Service is good...great location...room is good and best thing is 24 hours room service...hotels staff is very helpful...very near all restaurants and..shopping market..and street shopping linking road ....overall best place to stay in mumbai

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank afzal_nagani969
ManagerSuites, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Bawa Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2013

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 September 2013

excellent location. value for money. nice hotel staff. nice food. carpeted room with no smell. spic and span washrooms with nice toiletries. big size rooms with all modern amenities. you can reach juhu beach or any other posh location in just few minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank amg1972
ManagerSuites, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Bawa Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in Bawa Suite for a day (on the 13th or 14th of May), and I was happy to leave after the first night. (I've mentioned the date here because my last review to this hotel was not published and the reason given was 'it sounds like a second hand review/seems like hearsay. Hence, I'm giving the exact dates of my stay for verification!)

Hotel/Lobby: The hotel is small. Really Really small. Its a glorified 4 storeyed building, with a lift that can hold 1 person with 2 bags at most. The reception desk has 1 person, and theres 1 bell boy. Theres no restaurant on the ground floor. Its really absurd to enter a hotel and find such a disposition.

Room: The rooms are really nice. I think if i remove every other aspect from the entire experience at Bawa suites, and base my experience on the rooms alone, i would give them full marks. The loos are clean, the rooms are airy and huge, and theres no dampness and any other hindrance. They can do with bigger TVs considering the viewing distance, but one can overlook that. They said they had a minibar, but there was no alcohol in the minibar. They could have clarified that at the time of check in, but well, thats okay. minor point.

Service: This is where I have my problem with this hotel. I was shocked at the appalling service I received. Please bear in mind that the reception-to-room time is over 4 - 5 minutes, simply because their lift is ancestral and would move slower compared to a toddler crawling up the same distance using the staircase. It is also claustrophobic (especially when mixed with other emotions like anger and anguish, which is likely when I gets the service these guys offer).
So, my room door was giving issues (and i had to pee) - this is when I've arrived after travelling over an hour in the bombay traffic. I came back down to complain, and the receptionist reluctantly did something to the electronic key, and gave it back to me in 5 minutes. I went back up, and the door dint work again! They have a phone in the tiny alley outside their rooms, but they have no instructions to dial. I tried 0, 9, 7, etc (since these are commonly allotted to receptions and front desks, but it was all in vain). i walked down this time, cause the lift was on anoother floor and it would take a decade for it to reach me. I complained again, and this time the receptionist offered a smile and said it was an error with the electronic key. In 10 minutes, i had a brand new electronic key. I went back up. The key dint work AGAIN. Foolishly enough, I hadn't taken the number of the reception. I went back down and created a scene and they finally sent some guy up and thats when they managed to open the door.
The same night (and the only night), at about 10 30, someone knocks on my door. Its the electrician whose come to fix the door. He got a drill. At 10 30 in the night. Unbelievable.
I sent him back.

Restaurant: breakfast is a unique experience. The restaurant appears from nowhere, between the 1st and the 2nd floor i think. The foods not bad, provided they replenish the dishes. Strangely, I have no memories from their restaurant. I'm assuming it was inconsequential.

Room Service: I ordered room service and asked for the LEAST spicey dish on the menu. They said it would be paneer bhurji. I asked them to make it non oily and get 2 rotis along with, and i also ordered for some starters. What i got was the spiciest paneer bhurji known to mankind, soaked in oil. I ended up eating only the starters, and i called the room service chap later, gave him a hearing on how he needs to start listening when guests speak, and returned the rotis and paneer bhurji to him. He looked apologetic, and then returned with a bill for the room service where the food was ALL charged to me. This is where I lost it. It was 10 in then night (half an hour before the drill guy came), and i called in the reception and told them to keep the cheque ready for me to leave.

All in all, it was a once in a lifetime experience. I later found out that they charged my client for the next night too, since i checked out 24 hours before a booking, or some crap on those lines.

If you are okay with crappy service but a great room, go to suites.

Room Tip: umm. dont stay here?
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rkarekay

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely regret the inconsistent services provided by the FRONT OFFICE during your visit .Your detailed feedback and comments during your stay has helped us understand, learn and reinforce our standards in the areas mentioned by you.

We assure you that suitable corrective measures will be taken with immediate effect to rectify it.

We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Nagpur, India
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although the hotel as such is almost invisible admist the huge showrooms in the area, it is a perfect haven for any kind of travellers. The hotel very well keeps up with the BAWA brand name and provides excellent hospitality. We actually liked it more than Bawa continental where we are regulars. Few quick pointers :

Upsides :
Clean, nicely kept and spacious rooms
Bathtub in the washroom.
Very good neighborhood in terms of connectivity and shopping.
Lots of eat outs including McD and KFC at a walking distance.

Downside :
Only one, the breakfast buffet isn't that gud like Bawa Continental.

Overall, this is an amazing place to stay, quiet and comfortable.
P.S. You will be pleasantly amused with the tiny old-fashioned elevator!!

Happy travelling! Njoy!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SidShy
ManagerSuites, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Bawa Suites, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a pleasant stay.

Your feedback on breakfast spread ,while your stay has helped us understand, learn and reinforce our standards in these areas, we will do our best to improve the same.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for nights there I was not having any issue the staff was very helpful specially Mr.sheikh he was doing his best to help . really appreciate his help and his staff help all of them were very helpful. The price was very good as well. Also you have good hospitals very close for you to do medical checkups and shopping as well.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank peacepilot2
ManagerSuites, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Bawa Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The room doesn't look that great from outside but inside its very nice - hotel rooms are spacious and there is not only AC there but also fan. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Good location with many pubs, bars and restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple