“Just take it if u have no choice or in an emergency situation”
Review of Hotel Benzy Palace

Hotel Benzy Palace
Ranked #337 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 16 January 2013

By a mistake with our travel agency (our mistake I must say) We arrived in India with no one to pick up us from the airport and with no place to go... At the exit of Mumbai's international arrivals airport We found a stand offering some hotel rooms available, they provide us a catalog with info of a lot of places and finally We choose this place. When we arrived there it has nothing in common with the pics on the catalog. If u saw the movie The Grand Hotel Marigold u will understand what am talking about. The place has poor infrastructure and the rooms were terribly dirty, the only things We found clean enough were the sheets. Each room has AC, fan and hot water (all looks bad but at least it worked as proper). The good things about this place is the people who work in the reception is helpful, also they can provide u a driver to visit some city sights or to carry u to the airport with an affordable price, and they are very very close to the airport (10 minutes aprox. something important in Mombai if u consider how bad is the traffic) They have not wi-fi service and the price for the night were 4000 rupees!!! Terribly expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have also a restaurant but to be honest we just try the tea so I cant make an opinion about the menu or the food quality. The hotel is surrounded by a market so the good thing is u can buy some fruits, water, cookies and things like this.
So, if u are in a situation like mine just take this place as your last choice and plz don't trust the stand outside international arrivals! They will ask u for a lot of money for a terrible service with prices not according with Indian standard.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasu D

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel after almost 5 years and things were almost the same as they were back then. We stayed here twice, before leaving for thailand and after coming back from there for a period of almost 5 days. Only good thing is that this hotel is located quite close to the airport.
Other than that, nothing great. The rooms are just about okay. The travellers photos attached are quite accurate. Condition of rooms needs a lot of improvement. With a big party plot
right next to the hotel, noise is also a problem if there is a party going on.
Food here is fairly edible, although i must mention that this is primarily a kerala style restaurant, so even though the menu is varied, the basic taste is still keralite. Not that kerala style food is bad.
Pick up and drop from airport is provided.
OVerall, if you have a bit of money to spend, this place is definitely to be avoided.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back. Corner rooms are bigger, at the same price.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We rented the hotel from the tourist desk outside the airport. He told us that it was an amazing hotel ( an old palace) and when he showed us the leaflet it looked beautiful .... It was all a scam...its simply awful. It was the most expensive hotel throughou our whole trip around India. We left the day after even thou we had booked 2 nights... we had to sleep in sleeping bags cause there was also mattress bags as we could feel them itching. Beleive me we are campers and have slept anywhere...this was simply disgusting.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chopais
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hotel early this year and it wasn't that bad however the vicinity of the hotel was super busy with noisy traffic and not to mention dirty streets. The food at the restaurant was not bad however I could smell all the aromas coming from the restaurant in my room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here last night, for one night only. Unexpectedly had a 12 hour layover and didn't relish a long night at Chhatrapati Shivaji so this was recommended by the airport hotel reservation service. The uniformed driver was ready and waiting at the airport, swiftly transferred me to the hotel in the liveried car, which was a bit of a beaten up Skoda but by Indian standards a reasonable means of transport.

Hotel reception was as welcoming as could be expected, was given an opportunity to order food although it was gone midnight, and I was shown up to my room on the second floor, facing the front of the hotel.

The room was a twin, with not the oldest aircon I've ever seen (but certainly the second oldest) and pretty much the noisiest, and a ceiling fan. Together they kept the room pleasantly cool. There was a flat screen TV with over 70 channels of viewing possibilities. The ensuite was pretty scary.

Positives: free transfers both ways (20 mins tops to International terminal), market stalls right outside, and food available until late, complimentary breakfast.

Negatives: really needs a deep clean - the ensuite was bijou but well appointed; shower room with western toilet and good sized handbasin however it really was quite nasty, with pigeons roosting right outside and up against the 'window' and a large hole in the mosquito defences, the toilet seat had been patched with something that appeared to be masking tape and the lid was strangely burned across the front? Quite what went on in there is beyond my understanding. There was also, oddly a shower curtain which separated off the toilet? There was a towel and plenty of soap supplied.

I ordered a bottle of mineral water which was brought to the room promptly for R20. I then slept on the firmer than average bed and had a relatively restful night. Breakfast was typically Indian, and acceptable, in the restaurant outside and downstairs for which a voucher must be collected at the reception desk.

Although I was told credit card payment could not be taken because the machine was faulty, when I refused to present other means of payment (because I had specifically asked to make a card payment when making the reservation at the airport) the machine suddenly and miraculously drew fresh breath and lept into life.

Would I stay here again. If my life was dependent upon it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank timpaws
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel our last night in India because it was close to airports and we wanted to treat oursleves to a little bit of luxury. It was over priced for sure.2,500 we paid. We booked thru an agent in Mudurai. It had a complimentry car service to and from airports;,Our room 101, 1st floor right above the check in desk.;. As we walked into room the bell hop turned on our tv and AC. So we left it on for awhile and soon turned it off and left to go for a walk. there is really nothing of interest close to hotel. Back streets market was a bit interesting. The hotel did have a map to give us. Breakfast was included in price.The room was small. But there was a noise all night from the resturant. It was an AC or air vent tunnel leading out of resturant. I conplained at 1:45 AM. The window in bathroom would not shut. In the morning I complained again about that noise all night. They said , the resturant are to turn that thing off at midnight.; i ask if i could have some money back as the noise kept me up all night. No money back..i did not sleep untill 4AM when i stop hearing that noise and it came back on at 7AM and woke me up. I would not choose this hotel again. The resturant is good and they have a smoking room on top that looked interesting.

Room Tip: Do not pick anything on first floor or next to resturant. Its noisey.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends