“ok budget stay”
Review of Hotel Kemps Corner

Hotel Kemps Corner
Ranked #66 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dallas, Texas
“ok budget stay”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The room was clean and the location was good for that area of the city. Our taxi driver found it without a problem. The staff was friendly and helpful, but one staff member kept trying to sell us services like tours and trips to markets. I have had this happen often enough in India, but it was annoying to have a member of the staff keep pushing it even when we would seek their assistance for something completely unrelated. The staff was extremely helpful to us in dealing with one important and urgent matter that was much appreciated! The bathroom was the only other major downside, as we had to turn on the water heater ourselves and could never really figure out how to turn on a nice hot shower. The breakfast was subpar, but edible. It was a budget stay, so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1337traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mumbai
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Kemps Corner is nice clean budget boutique hotel located in one the paush areas of Mumbai, the staff was very helpful and friendly, they have all the in room facilites that a Three star hotel should have, clean and tidy rooms .
Staff was readily available 24/7 for help.
They make very good breakfast with lots variety of food.
All together i would suggest this place to stay for someone who wants to save money and get all the facilities, great location, very safe & clean hotel , quiet hotel for good quality sleep, great food staff, departmental store, salon, shoppin area, restaurants just outside the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Ritika A
Bangalore
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed at Kemps corner for during a 3 day business visit to Mumbai. The hotel/staff have a very homely feel. Specially in a place like Mumbai where the pace of life is so hectic, the attitude and decor of the hotel and staff is refreshing. I opened my room window one morning to see 2 peacocks in the garden. The rooms are very clean and nice, free wifi 24 hours. The breakfast is reasonable too. All in all a wonderful stay at a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank thomaser
Duisburg, Germany
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The room we had was just fine, if not a bit unfancyful for the price we paid.
However the service and housekeeping was one of the most unprofessional we ever had.
When we got into our room, there were no towels, the bedsheets had stains. We asked for towels and if they could change the sheets, which they did promptly,although there were some faint stains on the "clean and washed" sheets as well. The staff was always friendly (except for a certain lady at the reception who seemed bothered by any guest asking something), though seemed not really competent. the breakfast was ok but nothing special.
We made use of the laundry service and were told someone will pick up the laundry the next morning, but never did, then we handed it in ourselves and were told the laundry will be ready in the evening. We got it back the next morning. They fixed a piece of paper with our room number to every piece which made considersable holes into the fabric (even if there were still tags somewhere in a t-shirt, they would poke a hole through the fabric).
We asked them to arrange a taxi to the airport the night before we left and surely they forgot and we got to get one ourselves.
If you just need to stay here a night or two and dont require anything else than a bed to crash, this hotel is good enough, for any other service, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilippP4
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I and my friends planned to enjoy our Diwali holidays at Mumbai. Our friends suggested few reputed hotels list in Mumbai and finally we decided Hotel Kemps Corner to stay. Really it was a very pleasant holiday’s trip in Mumbai and we gathered necessary tourism spots related details from the hotel staffs itself. The hotel staffs were very friendly and provided us excellent services. The rooms were very neat and clean!! We visited popular places like Gateway of India, Prince of Wales Museum, Jehangir Art Gallery and much more!!! After this trip we have planned to bring our families for Mumbai trip. Of course, we will choose only Hotel Kemps Corner to stay again!!! We will recommend Hotel Kemps Corner to our friends if they plan to go for Mumbai trip!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice to stay!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Agustin607
manchester
Reviewed 30 November 2012

we bartered this hotel down alot, half the price. they were good to us. breakfast is nice. rooms are clean with soap, towels etc. fan and AC. comfy bed.

all hotels in mumbai are expensive. this was worth paying for. very nice staff.

Room Tip: ask not to be opposite the main road. get on the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunshine909
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I’m an engineering graduate from Tamil Nadu. Last week I had an interview in Mumbai. This was the first trip for me to Mumbai city. I had no idea about Mumbai city and Mumbai hotels. Finally I went to Hotel Kemps Corner. Room services were very good and hotel staff were very friendly. As I don’t know about any restaurant in Mumbai I had little bit worry about the food items in Mumbai. Surprisingly in hotel kemps corner they were provided restaurant services to the room and also they provided free breakfast for complementary so that I had saved my time for searching restaurant and I concentrated on my interview preparation. I had completed my interview successfully and happily came back to Tamil Nadu. Hereafter my favorite hotel in Mumbai is Hotel Kemps Corner. I will surely suggest this hotel to my friends and relatives if they travel to Mumbai.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice to see and you can select any one of the room to stay !!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo