“Quick Stop”

Hotel Midtown Pritam
Ranked #203 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Located strategically, the impressive exteriors can be deceiving for the reception area is congested with half the front space split between sitting couches and breakfast dining. You start realizing that every nook and corner space has been utilized and packed with something or the other a typical mumbai way where free space just amounts for nothing.
The rooms are decent, neat and clean.
The morning breakfast needs improvement and is a chaos for in very short space with chairs hitting the others you skillfully have to make a tightrope for a quick bite and the leisurely breakfast is a big dream for there is someone or the another waiting to see you empty the chair.
Good for a quick stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have recently spent a Month in India and had the pleasure to stay At the Hotel Pritam for 2 weeks, as we called it, its real name of course is the Hotel Midtown Pritam. The staff were very helpful but not in your face. The area is great because it has lots of small business and shops on its front door lots of access to ATM that are secure and cater for foreigners. As it is used mostly by indian business people and out of town Indians I felt it gave a foreigner such as myself a more accepted and warm feeling of safety and comfort to staying in Mumbai. The food in the area is good and cheaper than other areas of Mumbai. The tailors and dressmaker are great and there is a vey polite and respectful way about this area of Mumbai to respectful and pleasant tourist. The internet in the hotel was pretty good. There was a lot of business people staying and some times they would get to gather to chat later in the night after dinner but they would settle down by 11pm so sleep was not a problem. But i would not agree with the Deepa Jayara on the walls being thin i would say more the doors are thin and may as a suggestion to the owners of The Midtown Pritam they would benefit from changing the doors to a more solid door to stop noise maybe, but I would definitly stay there again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is good for internet connection and if you are concerned because you are a light sl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Hotel Midtown Pritam is a Budget Hotel in Mumbai very nicely located just a stone trhow distance from Dadar Railway station(.) The Hotel is clean and servie are good. Quality food at optimum price is available

Room Tip: it can be recommended
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RKPATHAK
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had the unfortunate luck of staying at Pritam for 3 nights. I was put there because of its proximity to my office (which is in lower parel). But the rooms are so close to each other and with wafer-thin walls and ceilings that one can hear noises from everywhere. The rooms and the decor also bore a very one-night-stand feel to it. Highly avoidable if you are a women staying alone.

Room Tip: Dont take rooms ending with 1 or 8 as they are close to the lift and very very noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PritamHotels, General Manager at Hotel Midtown Pritam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback, it is important to us. We realize that you had certain issues with the decor and space in the rooms, but we have never relieved such feedback from any of our guests. Could you be a little more specific about what you did not like about our hotel.
We thank you once again for visiting us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at Midtown Pritam for a night during a recent business visit. Overall, my experience was really not that good. First of all, the hotel lobby, the room lobby and the room itself weren't really smelling good. Then, the visitor lift was under maintanence hence all had to use the Service lift, to access which one had to go through the kitchen. Had that been something unavoidable, Hotel management should take care that guests do not feel uncomfortable while passing through the kitchen and they should have shifted some of the kitchen activities of that area to other parts of the kitchen. Also, when guests are forced to use the backdoors, the staff should take care that they keep the lobbies behind those backdoors clean. It was always full of dirty dishes and clothes and the water was mostly overflowing.
I asked for complimentary wi-fi in the room. I was told it is there. But even after calling the reception 3 times and visiting the reception personally 2 times, nobody helped me to access it. The fan in the room was too low. If I switched it on, I was afraid that if by mistake I go below it, it will cut through my head. The room had a wooden door through the next room and I could hear each and every thing the guest of other room was saying and I am sure he could hear me too. So, privacy was an issue.
The staff was polite but their actions will literally force you to tip them because they won't leave your room or your side until unless you tip them.
The breakfast was not too good. When asked for Omlette, it took them 10-15 mins to cook one and that too wasn't cooked properly. When asked for waffle, it took them 30 mins to prepare it, and that was too hard and overcooked. The coffee was horrible too.
The only USP of this hotel is that it's right next to Pritam Da Dhaba which is an awesome option for food in Mumbai.
All in all, my experience was not good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback, it is important to us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay & we will definitely work to towards the feedback that you have given. We apologize for the elevator as we were upgrading the same, but since it's ready now, no one will have to go through the service elevator.
We hope you give a second chance & we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at Midtown Prtiam for a night. The room was of average size but couple of issues really overshadowed everything else. The toilet was badly designed and wasn't sanitized properly as I killed two cockroaches there. The room has a very small table that could not be used for working on laptop, finally i had to sit on the bed to work. Overall, did not leave with a good feeling.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PritamHotels, Owner at Hotel Midtown Pritam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you but we follow high standards when it comes to serving our guests. The issues that came up during your stay could have been addressed with the front office, but nonetheless we will defiantly take your feedback into account and the next time your here you will see a change. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed for 7days and found very comfortable. Location is just the best at Dadar. Breakfast is reasonably good. Front desk staffs are excellent.room amenities are good.
I stayed with my wife and found very clean and homely.
Only suggestion to improve the attitude of the hotel personnel on the TIPS. why not hotel management arranges a common tips box and distribute to all at certain ratio! Definitely it will be one added star to this hotel.
Third floor and inside rooms are not noisy at all.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
PritamHotels, Owner at Hotel Midtown Pritam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. Firstly, we are glad that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We are really happy that you were pleased with the amenities provided to you.
We will definitely consider your feedback with open arms and the next time you are here you will not face a problem again.
Thank you for visiting us and we look forward to seeing you again.