“great restaurant. Room OK”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #323 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
wiltshire
“great restaurant. Room OK”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

the best thing about this hotel is its restaurant. it is a lovely venue and they serve delicious food and we especially enjoyed the pasta here.
the service is a bit hap hazard eg the waiter came to the table to take our order. He spoke to me and took my order first - then he just walked off. he didn't even look at my partner or ask if he wanted anything. Most bizarre!

our room was ok but had one of the tiniest bathrooms ever. nice toiletries and towels and plenty of hot water in the shower. The bed was very comfortable too. We were able to get in room wifi here which was a real benefit. Newspapers were complimentary each morning and the room had a small fridge with some complimentary drinks in and we could make our own tea and coffee in the room too.

We were on the 2nd floor so were not high enough for a sea view and in a way i was glad. the sea and the beaches here are filthy and a planned evening stroll along the beach became a quick dash to get off it again as fast as possible.

Please be aware that despite what their web site and expedia website says, "Complimentary airport pick-up" does not apply to every room booking. Check your booking carefully and confirm with the hotel first just to make sure if this aspect is important to you.
FYI A street taxi will cost you 100 rupees from the hotel to the airport

On the whole we had a nice stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roamingjode

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bhubaneswar
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Was in the city for some work purpose and this hotel suited all my needs. Location is very good(near Juhu beach) and getting around from that place is easy. Staffs are very good and friendly, rooms were all clean and tidy. Would book again if I go to Mumbai in future.

Room Tip: Look for nice deals on travel sites rather than booking directly from them.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samrat M
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Near Juhu beach and major attractions, nicely located, staff is good, rooms are nice, service is up to the mark, the view from hotel room was excellent, I enjoyed my evenings roaming around Juhu beach, it's value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CKTiwari
Mirzapur, India
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Close to Famous Juhu Beach. Rooms are good worth for the money you pay. NIce and clean. Staff is very helpful. Room was well maintained and updated. Good restaurants nearby. We would definitely stay again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mishrarohit9
HRG_Juhu, Director of Sales at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your positive feedback and your efforts to share this in trip advisor thereby helping other travelers to experience the same.

Once, again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Royal Garden.
Weimar, Thüringen, Germany
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon arrival I was harassed about having to pay for the room immediately without even seeing the room which I refused to do after them arguing with me. The room had no window that would open but gaps large enough for mosquitos to come in and there was no mosquito net. The room smelt very stale and lingered of cigarette smoke, the bathroom was in that run down 80's style and grotty - There was NO hot water at all. The room itself was very small and I felt cheated as it was quite expensive. As I had a very early 3am international flight to catch I asked for a wake up call at midnight - Which never came! At 10pm I had gone down to reception to pay with my Visa - they told me that it would take too long right then and to pay as I left. It got to 12.30am - I went to leave and pay - Suddenly their credit card machine didn't work - but they then blamed me and told me my card was faulty. As I didn't have cash with me I offered another valid credit card - which was also declined - and they told me that both my credit cards were faulty. I was in a panic I had to catch my flight I told them I would transfer the money for my stay (of one short night) - when I returned to my country - as they had both my credit card details and passport details - They refused to let me go - After 30 minutes of arguments I walked out with my bags - and 5!!! staff grabbed me in the street, the doorman, the porter, the desk guy and two others - pulling me back into the hotel and manhandling me it was something out of a horror film - saying I could not leave until I had paid - The police turned up and forced them to let me go so I could catch my flight - In the end I paid them with some Sri Lankan money I found - and subsequently checked both credit cards with my banks and the banks verified that both my cards were working and valid - I am disgusted at how I was treated and considering it was their fault and that their machines were not working they should have had the consideration to let me go rather than detain me like a criminal for something I had not done! Never stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hamish John A
HRG_Juhu, Director of Sales at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the review and we appreciate your feelings towards our hotel.We have enquired what went wrong with you as we have an endless list of satisfied guests those who keep on patronizing our hotel for years.As a hotel policy we always collect advance payment at the time of check in so that the problems that you have faced at the time of check out is minimised.Since, you were reluctant to pay at the time of check-in the front desk staff did not behave adamantly with you and decided to do the settlement at the time of check-out.The incident that took place during check-out was not expected .Sir, the EDC machine which accepts the credit card is directly connected with the bank's server.We have four EDC machines connected with four different banks namely HSBC,BOI,AMEX and ICICI.
You gave two different cards and in all the four EDC machines the same message were displayed that the card was declined.This is not in our hands .You stated that the front desk staff was harsh on you and did not allow you to leave the hotel before paying when you insisted for a credit.Will there be any hotel in this world who will offer credit to a guest who has come for the very first time ?We do understand that you were in a state of panic as you need to take a flight hence you tried to run away but please try and understand that how our staff will let you go without settling the bill.Therefore, the guards on duty had to request you to go back to the hotel as the bill was pending.Moreover, the cops were called as a precautionary measure and not to harass you. Credit card details and passport copy does not assure us that we will get the payment or else the balance payment of Rs.829/- which is still pending would have been cleared.You also did not make any effort to clear your pending bill after reaching your destination which you have assured will be cleared .You need to appreciate that we in fact we paid you Rs.250/- as a humanitarian gesture for your taxi fare back to the airport as you were running out of cash or else you would have been stranded on the roads of Mumbai that night.
Other problems that you have faced with regard to hot water could have been solved as each and every toilet is connected with the main boiler which is operational 24 hours.If you would have called the housekeeping desk then they would have assisted you.Wake up call service was rendered but if you insist that the same has not been done then please accept our apologies for the same.
Every day is not the same and we do believe that your experience with us will not be the same again .We at Royal Garden would be delighted to welcome you as our guest once again and mend our ties with you.

Regards.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel don't go on photos they all are designed photos. Rooms and bed sizes are very small if you are 2 people u cant able to sleep services is pathetic only location good. Staff is not trained room services people cant listen to you. Near to beach

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SANDEEP D
HRG_Juhu, Director of Sales at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your valuable inputs which will definitely improve our services.The room sizes of our hotel is approximately 200 sq ft and the bed sizes are also average indian size.In this area we cannot do much.As far as the untrained staff is concerned or room service issues these things will be looked upon.We hope that the issues faced by you will not occur and assure you that the next time if you intend to stay we assure you that you will have a comfortable stay.Please do get in touch with me directly :bhaskar.gomes@hotelroyalgarden.co.in .

Rgds.,

Hotel Royal Garden.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In one word the hotel is good, breakfast is nice, rooms are clean, staffs are helpful....... food is great ...... service is prompt..... location excellent..........keep it up. pick up is prompt......

Room Tip: ask for the window key from the reception if in case you are a smoker.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business