“A fine hotel located at a wrong place”

The Peninsula Grand Hotel
Ranked #130 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Indore, India
“A fine hotel located at a wrong place”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed there for three days, I am absolutely floored by the courtesy of the front desk & other staff members. Probably the first hotel where the staff never waited anticipating a Tip. Great ambience in both restaurants and you do not feel like going out once you are back in the evening.
Breakfast is limited and can do with a little more courteous staff in the Mornings, probably they were still in a slumber. Evening buffet in the same coffee shop was absolutely satisfying with courteous staff and pleasant ambience. First floor restaurant is charming and fun with live gazals.

Was there on a business trip but would love to go back with the family. The place is absolutely inviting.

Room Tip: You can ask for Smoking / Non Smoking rooms. Ask an upgrade at a discount :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Peninsulagrand, Front Office Manager at The Peninsula Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Peninsula Grand Hotel, Mumbai and for sparing your valuable time to share your detailed feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to receive your feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel.

Your appreciation of our team members is very rewarding and will motivate them to create moments of delight for our guests.

We value your patronage and I do hope that your family and you have an opportunity to visit us again very soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stay here often as my office is close. The rooms are cosy and nice. I always get a room with a bathtubs and that makes my stay better. The service is not absolutely prompt and this is an improvement area. The air conditioning is comfortable. I guess I like it to be chilled and I dont get it. But that's just me. The breakfast spread is good. But can do with a few more non veg varieties.

Over all a relaxed non-disturbing hotel for any type of traveller.

Room Tip: Specify of you want a non-smoking room. And get a room with a bath tub.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr Chowdhury,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel !!!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visits with us.

We appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel team and it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more. Hearing that we have succeeded in making you feel welcome is what keeps us going and what drives us to do better every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had work in this part of Mumbai, stayed here for one night only. Decent food and good value. It’s a large hotel and there was some conference going on so the hotel was very busy. The breakfast spread was nice. The rooms are comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ms Menaka,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel!!!!

Thank you very much for your most valuable feedback on your recent experience at the hotel. We value your suggestions and appreciate your feedback to us.

Peninsula team aims at creating a perfect balance of work and relaxation for our guests with our offerings ranging from business attributes, relaxation Spa, signature cuisine offerings and high energy bar in a secure environment.

Our stance towards delivering quality is of prime and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care for the future.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It is a very nice hotel with afordable price, good location and well connected to all parts of Mumbai. Cleaniness is extraordinary and a very good spa for relaxation. Dinner buffet is sufficient with very good and tasty delicacies. Service is very polite and professional. Would have been a delight if there is a swimming pool in he hotel. However, it was an overall extra ordinary expereince at the heart of Mumbai.

Room Tip: rooms with bathtub are more preferable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Peninsulagrand, Front Office Manager at The Peninsula Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mr Partha,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel!!!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Peninsula Grand Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Peninsula Grand Hotel and thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip Advisor.

Front Office Manager,
gurgaon
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the international airport.

Rooms are very poorly maintained. I have requested for a non-smoking room. But I was given a smoking room. Although I couldn't smell smoke but it definitely stinked with room freshner and Air conditioning. The room needed lot of fresh air.
Breakfast is very limited.

I had to check out the next day.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr Reddy,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel!!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Peninsula Grand Hotel and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

It is very apologetic to Know that your request of Non Smoking room was not delivered on Check-in due to non availability of rooms at the time of checkin as we have very limited inventory of Non Smoking rooms.

Rest assured the gaps that your valuable feedback has highlighted have been addressed with the concerned team and adequate training in these areas will be carried out to avoid such incidents in the future.

It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning guests, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service and I trust you will not let this incident mar your perception of our service standards and will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at Peninsula Grand Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friend and myself visited this place after a long day's work and we ended up with the mid night buffet. The quality of food was very bad, starters were even worst and were not even palatable ( completely dry ) I guess the chef has to really work on somethings. I was not staying in this hotel as we had just come to grab some grub but............ so wouldn't comment on other aspects of the Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr Pinto,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel!!!!

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I sincerely regret that your culinary experience did not meet expectations.

At Peninsula we are known for our gastronomic delights and journeys and therefore our Executive Chef has personally noted your comments and will take the appropriate measures to ensure there are no future recurrences.

I understand your disappointment and regret any inconvenience caused, but please allow me to assure that this does not in any way reflect our usual levels of standard. I trust you will give us another opportunity of better serving you and regain your confidence.

Front Office Manager,
Aldona, India
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel provided a free pick-up from the airport, which was on time and with a very courteous chauffeur. The stay was not very comfortable though.
The Check-in process took about 30 minutes, which was quite a bit as compared to the other hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast and dinner both being buffet were good, however the lunch was quite a disappointment, an A la cart, with a very limited menu. The restaurant seemed very dingy at noon, considering only the light above my table being lit. I appreciate the conservation of energy, but not the part of keeping all the curtains drawn, there by giving a very eerie feel to the restaurant. The service at the restaurant was on the slower side, although the staff were very courteous. Could not quite catch up on sleep until 10 PM, because the hotel is used as a venue for many functions or parties. That didn't go down too well with me, since I had a flight to catch in the wee hours of the morning and needed to catch up on some sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Delarina
Peninsulagrand, Front Office Manager at The Peninsula Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ms Delarina,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand Hotel, Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback further to your stay with us in December.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the Check-in process at Front Desk - please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that the necessary action has been taken.

On your next visit to Mumbai, please contact me directly as I would like to show you that this is not the norm and give you the Peninsula experience that you would expect.

Best regards,