“Brilliant service and style and staff of the highest order in this oasis of calm”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Melbourne
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Moved here as first hotel was poor - wonderful decision to transfer to this oasis of calm. Staff and service are exemplary. Rooms in general fabulous. Bathrooms need lifting to 5 Star level ( Toto fittings seem out of place for Four Seasons . Restaurant was terrific. Cannot recommend enough if you are coming to Mumbai for business. Value for money compared with other hotels in this city

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the room accommodations and the restaurant experience. Thank you also for your compliments in regard to our staff and service being exemplary. We do hope you visit us again and certainly do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andrew Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great rooftop bar with fine drinks. Excellent view of Marine Drive and the ocean. We only went to the rooftop bar, however I've been told its one of the finest hotels in Mumbai/Bombay. The drinks were very expensive so be prepared to spend money, but for a drink or two the experience is worth the cost.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan B
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at AER, and especially the panoramic view of Mumbai. We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the last 3 nights. It's the most expensive hotel out of out trip to 5 Indian cities and unfortunately the least impressive. There was nothing wrong exactly but just a rushy service that you would expect more from an average 4 star hotel. It's not worth the money. The only really strong point were the concierge team who were amazing while we were there. All other staff speak a poor level of English, don't really listen properly and forget what you ask them for. You have to ask several times. Some inexpensive items were missing from out room - assume they were thrown away by accident. Rooms were good size but not particularly amazing. Clean but a bit tired. Lobby area is also abit tired. Don't bother with the executive package it's over priced and the "free" drinks are very basic and limited. Hotel cars are good and have wifi which is a plus point. You won't have a bad stay here but I just think you can get better for the same money or spend less for the same level of standard service somewhere else. Aer bar had just opened when we got there and was very quiet so I don't know if it will get busier when it's not monsoon but we were disappointed as we had been told it was really good.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sarahcruze
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to learn of the inconveniences caused to you and more importantly, for not meeting your expectations and living up to the reputation of the Four Seasons brand. Please be assured that all the feedback provided by you has been shared with the team and required training will be conducted to address the issues. However thank you for your compliments to our Concierge Team whom you found 'amazing'. We will do our utmost to ensure a perfect experience on your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back.

San Marcos, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I grew up in Mumbai and have the kind of affection and loyalty to the city that New Yorkers have for NYC. On a recent trip back to India, my brother took us to the fabulous rooftop bar. I saw my beloved Mumbai with fresh eyes. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Four Seasons have created a beautiful oasis in the sky. AER is a great place to relax with friends. I plan to go back again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank rpillai494
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your visit to AER in January. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our 'oasis' in the sky and that we helped in creating happy and fresh memories of your visit back to your Mumbai. I am pleased to hear that you will visit us again and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon. AER is up and running now even in the monsoon under canopy!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and myself have travelled a bit and I am happy to mention that the experience we had at 4S was one of the best. It boils down to the staff who made an exceptional effort in making our stay that much pleasant. House keeping was another division who did an exceptional job. Their anticipation and providing with book marks and the wrapper for wires were brilliant.
Binu Stephen

Room Tip: Rooms having sea view are good
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback further to you and your family's recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you all had the 'best' experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel team, especially housekeeping and it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more. We have always said our people are our most important asset, and your favourable comments confirm that belief.

We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

For me, the best of this FS is its location, close to my office and more importantly close to the airport via sealink bridge - cut an hour from your trip and plan. You can find everything you would expect for a 5 star hotel here but smaller due to the smaller size of the establishment, but this creates a home feel that I appreciate very much. If you are looking for something big and grand then this may not be for you. The staffs are very helpful and friendly - just let them know what you need (and why) and they will make it happen for you. Usually I am very busy during the day so I enjoy a good breakfast before I start my day and a good spa and massage to wind down at the end of the day. I can get both perfectly here at FS. The breakfast is a semi buffet, the home feel charm instead of endless buffet tables. I have been coming to FS 2 to 3 times a year and I will keep coming back.
PS1: The sea view will take your breath away (I have posted one panorama photo) but very seldom to have that prefect condition.
PS2: The early morning noise from the nearby slum is a problem. Ask for a high floor room.

Stayed April 2014
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in April. I am pleased to hear that you find our location convenient during your visit, and that our breakfast and spa were the perfect start and end to your day. Hearing that we have succeeded in making you feel welcome and at home is what keeps us going and what drives us to do better every day.

I am delighted to hear that you will visit us again and certainly look forward to welcoming you back, to Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I enjoyed staying at Four Seasons, the best part was their bed. One of the most comfortable bed they have. Hospitality was excellent. The only miss was that they forgot my wake up alarm. Rest, if you are travelling for a short business trip then it is a good option.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Monu_Gaurav
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to you recent visit to Mumbai. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the bed 'most comfortable'. I thank you for your feedback regarding the wake-up call. Please be assured that the matter has been addressed with the concerned department and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.