“Hotel”

Tunga Paradise Hotel
Ranked #67 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Hotel”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Tunga paradise hotel in mumbai , andheri East is one of my favourite restaurant. I usually go there once in a month, just to have seafood. The service of the hotel is amazing . The food is very tasty. Nothing can beat the seafood in this restaurant

• Stayed January 2014
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014

Greetings from The Paradise By Tunga!!!!!!!

Thank you for your recent stay at The Paradise By Tunga !!! and for your encouraging feedback. The entire team is delighted to know that you had a comfortable and memorable stay at the The Paradise By Tunga!!! We assure you that we will continue to endeavor to make your future experiences with us a pleasant and unforgettable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at The Paradise By Tunga !!! in the near future.

The Paradise by Tunga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Average hotel. The room size is good but the bathroom is small. The food is awful. Room Service was quick but the taste of food was bad. The breakfast was bad. There were cockroaches in the dining area. The staff are not well informed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from THE PARADISE BY TUNGA!

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. We are of course very disappointed to hear that you found us just average. We will get in touch with you directly so that we can review all aspects of your stay. We appreciate you giving us this opportunity to improve our services further still.

Best Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a great budget hotel.

Clean, Spaciousness rooms

Great location.

Room service is Ok.. not much eating options if u wanna have a bite later in the night.

Didnt get to try out their breakfast, bt the sandwich ordered the nite before was good.. but over all very nice and relaxing experience..

Room Tip: Great rooms...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is a great value-for-your-money hotel. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. This was a great oasis from the hustle and bustle of mumbai. My wife and I travelled here in November ,2013 for our first ever trip to India. There are a few excellent points that make me love this hotel.

1. The entire booking process was friendly and responses from the staff were prompt and addressed any questions we had. We could have booked this hotel with a 3rd party travel site but we chose to deal directly with the hotel because they had lower prices advertised on there site. I spoke with the manager Raj a few times before our arrival and secured the best deal. Raj greeted us on our 1st day and kept the conversation light because he say that we were tired.

2. Our flight was delayed by an entire day in New York ( thanks Air India !) , but thanks to Raj were were not charged for the 1st night that we had booked (which most travel websites do) and we only paid for the nights we actually stayed at Tunga.

3. Prompt hotel pick up service from the airport. Travelling to a country for the first time could have been overwhelming on the 1st day but knowing that we didn't have to haggle with taxi drivers who might take us anywhere they wanted was a relief.

4. Clean rooms. We travel across India for a little over a week and it made us appreciate Tunga even more when we say some of the other rooms at hotels with similar prices.

5. The on-property restaurant was excellent ( from a foodie standpoint). If you are not into trying new foods and flavors it might be a bit too much more you, but for a genuine foodie this will be paradise. After flying 16 hours we were tired and hungry, so we decided to try the on-property restaurant. We were eager to try "real" indian food and they certainly did not disappoint. We had no Idea what some of the items on the Menu were so we asked our server for a description and then for recommendations. We ordered 3 items are we were totally amazed. The food was freshly made and had so much real flavor it was nothing like what were expected unbelievable tones and textures ( compared to western standards) and it tasted like it was made in an India home. My advise to my fellow travelers is to skip the buffet and asked a server for something of the menu. Our Server on the first night there ,Vikram from Nepal, was a blessing. He made great recommendations, was genuinely friendly and spoke very good english. It was wonderful to come across such a warm person after being stuck on a plane for 15 hours. The restaurant manager and was also very friendly. I don't remember his name but you can't miss him as he is the only one wearing a suit and a red eyeglass frame. One night i went down and asked him to microwave some leftovers, and being India, he politely refused but instead remade the meal and had it delivered to our room at no cost. That's quality service!

We are certain we will return to Tunga some day in the future. A big Thank You to Raj and his staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments and for choosing to stay at””” THE PARADISE BY TUNGA””””

We are glad you were able to enjoy a generous service experience with us and have carried back fond memories of your stay at our property. Every effort is made to ensure that world-class facilities and comforts are offered to our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I recently traveled around India with a cousin for the first time and based on a recommendation of a family member of ours we stayed at Tunga Paradise while we were in Mumbai. Luckily I flew in and out of Mumbai because after getting off an incredibly long flight it was a huge sigh of relief to have a nice clean hotel room. At first I was disappointed that the internet didn't work in the room and I had to go down to the lobby to use it, but after traveling around India for a week I realized that is common in all the hotels we stayed in. Also, after traveling to Agra, Corbett, Jaipur, and New Delhi for a little over a week staying at comparably priced hotels this was by far the nicest hotel.

The number one thing I liked about this hotel is the service and the manager, Rajesh. My cousin and I changed our plans a few times during our trip which impacted which and how many nights we would be staying in Tunga. Every email we sent requesting a change was promptly and professionally returned by either Rajesh or one of his assistants. Around the same time my mother and sister were traveling in India and I booked a room for their two stays in Mumbai. For their stay in Mumbai before their departure from India I completely forgot to schedule an airport pickup with Tunga Paradise. I received an email from Rajesh personally following up on their stay and promptly scheduled an airport pickup for them.

All in all, Tunga Paradise is wonderful hotel and would highly recomend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian G

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I can say this is the best business hotel in Mumbai. punctuality in pick up and drop service. Very kind and supportive hotel crew. very neat and clean rooms. Best room service ever I had. An ideal place for couple though its a business hotel. I strongly commodore this one for long stay. They have good offers for long stay and weekend stay. For sure I continue to hang in this hotel in future visits.

Room Tip: rooms in 5th floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nagaraj P

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am glad to have chosen Paradise by Tunga.I visited Mumbai along with my family in the middle of December,2013.Since I was travelling with my family, wanted a 'proper' place within a reasonable budget near to the Airport.This hotel was recmmended to me by a friend.When contacted,soon booking details, tariffs,complimentary breakfast and Airport pick-ups was mailed back to me. We arrived wee hours in the morning from Dubai.Hotel pick up was waiting for us.Within 15 ninutes, we were in the hotel lobby,briskly registration formalities completed.In no time we jumped into the cosy beds.Mr Rajesh, the manager personally welcomed us when we were half through our wholesome breakfast.During our week stay, we found the room comfortable,tidy and spacious.House keeping was done regularly, no trace of any unclean or soiled linens and towels. It is advised to ask for rooms in 4th n 5th floors.Heard rooms are bigger.It was a homely stay.All the workers in the hotel were polite,receptive,curteous and eager to help.Food in "Destiny" was v good.But the resturent in front of the hotel turned out to be happy hunting ground.Drawbacks? Hotel is not v near to shopping faclilities.But nearness to the Airport makes it up completely.Going to the Airport can be dicey in Mumbai traffic! Must say kudos to Mr Rjesh- the manager for giving such personal attention to all their guests. We definitely look forward to our next visit to Paradise by Tunga in near future.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th and 5th floor rooms if you want bigger rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarit D
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013