“Good ambience excellent service”
Review of Sahara Star Hotel

Sahara Star Hotel
Ranked #24 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at The Sahara Star when I visit Mumbai on work. It is a strange circular hotel which means a long walk to your room many a times. The rooms face indoors over a large atrium and it can be quite noisy at times. The lights are kept on till 3am at night and this is not conducive to a good night sleep. The Earth Rooms have bathrooms with tubs and when you have a shower, the whole bathroom gets flooded. The staff is extremely courteous and friendly and recognise repeat customers by name. The food is very good - the breakfast spread is one of the best I have experienced. All the restaurants serve good food, but since they are in the atrium, you can listen to different music at the same time - very chaotic. Its sad that Mabruk the Lebanese restaurant is no longer operational. The lobby is quite impressive. The car park is far and it takes the valet 20 minutes to get your car. For the price they charge, it is an average hotel. The location is excellent as the domestic and international airports are very close to it.

Room Tip: Request for a room near the elevator to avoid a long walk.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ShobhaDalvi
Manish Sodhi ., General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and we regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit.

At Hotel Sahara Star, we take pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations this time.

Upon thorough investigation of the situation, we have narrowed the cause and corrective measures have been initiated in respective department.

Please pardon our current appearance as we work towards shaping the future and humbly request you to accept our sincere apologies.

We are extremely delighted to know that you relished the breakfast spread at The Earth plate – global cuisine restaurant.

We look forward to welcome you to Sahara Star in the near future with an assurance of better and improved services and a commitment of providing you the highest level of service because your feedback is valuable to us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel for the last 7 to 8 years,and have reviewed this hotel with lots of positives before, but my stay during this trip of mine was awful, the rooms are run down, the toilets equally bad, the experience right from reception to room service and housekeeping was not worth a mention, though the staff wasn't bad mannered, however they all seemed to be amateurs and running all around the place, the deal for the rooms used to be with complimentary breakfast which has been withdrawn now, I think I will have to look at options now in Mumbai as Sahara star seems to be taking the wrong route

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!!

I have noted the content of your valuable feedback with extreme care and concern.

I am personally looking into your experience and requisite measures will be taken to ensure that we correct our flaws.

As one of our valued guest, your satisfaction is our primary concern and on behalf of my entire Team, I extend my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to your good self.

We truly believe that improvement is a continuous process and I assure you my personal attention to all areas of concern, highlighted by your good self.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Sahara Star in the near future with an assurance of better and improved services.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

WiFi didn't work inside my room at all and they were not able to fix it. I had to go to the lobby to get it working, yes I'm disappointed about this part.

+ Staff was attentive, caring
+ Very good location

Mine was only a one night stay, so I don't think I have more to say.

• Stayed: May 2014
Manish Sodhi ., General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent...muc awaited wait is over...its awesome...a huge banquet vit no pillars yet alll......6 Elevators & 1PRODUCT Elevator...WOW...we can hv lotsa n lotsa events n product launches the intn'l way...thnk u SAHARA GRP.....lol

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chand S

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We thank you for choosing Sahara Star as your preferred hotel in Mumbai and our endeavor is to provide all our guests a memorable experience with a fusion of Hospitality and entertainment.

We are extremely delighted to receive such appreciation for our event hall – Sahara Sapphire, ideal for corporate gala parties and cocktail receptions, its architectural features demonstrates a fine blend of Indian sensibilities and contemporary design in its majestic environment.

The entire team feels privileged and honored by your kind words of appreciation.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Sahara Star in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel with an attach airport very conient for both new t2 interntional and domestic terminal

The ambience is stunning at the mangnificant tropical lagoon underneath worlds largest pillar less clear to sky dome

I particularly like private dining room inside marine equirium which is only of its kind in the world with scuba divers and mermaids

Rhe 40,000 sqft sapphire event hall is mumbais best

Thanks to ms Ushma for taking care of all my bookings

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Utkarsh J
Manish Sodhi ., General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We are extremely delighted to know that you enjoyed the magnificent view of the tropical lagoon and appraised the entire concept of the Hotel including the Private Dining room set amidst India’s largest marine aquarium and Sahara Sapphire -event hall.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was my 5th or 6th time stay at this place but still faced a problem. I like this hotel because it is in a walking distance to domestic airport and close to international. Has a good variety of restaurants but never ending renovation in the hotel is very annoying. In the meantime, they gave me a room in one of the renovated floors and the room has so much noise from the fan that I needed to leave early. Also, I took the elevator to go to the lobby. Elevator reached its destination, doors opened and night shift manager rushed in without letting the customer leaving the elevator. This is a very small thing but hotel management is all about the details. Right?

Room Tip: Definitely go and check your room before you accept.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ca2014
Manish Sodhi ., General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star,

As one of our valued Guest, your satisfaction is our primary concern and on behalf of my entire Team, I extend my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to your good self.

Our ongoing renovation is due to be completed within the next few months and we assure you of a better product in every aspect.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This place is not worth the money. The location is very convenient as it is located right next to Mumbai domestic airport. The service is pretty poor compared to the kind of hotel it is. It is very costly. The food also is average.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends