I had stayed three nights in July 2014 in this property because my company organized an event here, so it was the most convenient option.
Before you blame that I am just a foreigner with all those high expectations, I must say I am traveling around in India for the last 7-8 years, and typically found my accommodations pretty OK.
However here I had multiple issues.
First the location is terrible. Yes, there might be some "lush gardens" around the hotel but what you have beyond that is not very inviting for a walk or getting out to local restaurant. Also it took just too long to get there from the domestic airport, some more than 90 minutes when we arrived.
This was the only hotel in the past 10 years where I had to ask my bed linen to be changed upon arrival ... It was simply dirty and looked anything but white ... Cleanness was an issue overall in the room, grey towels you do not want to touch your face, army of dead insects in the bathroom lamp-shell....
There are some renovation/reconstruction works ongoing as well, but at least those did not disturb me, other than I've had a huge mounting in front of my window.
Some of the service I've received was the only thing that saved the day, people tried to be polite and helpful. However in many cases I've had the impression those kids are really under the age of legal employment ... of course it is good if they have a job, but yeah, difficult to judge which is the right way ... If the barman puts the straw in his mouth before serving it to you with a cocktail ... you can loose you trust fairly quickly that this is the right place.
Overall, I would not come back here again, and accordingly would advise others as well to investigate options in the neighborhood if they need to stay in Powai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the abode of hospitality, a perfect place for all individuals, business or leisure where your expectations are always superceded. Ramada Powai offers 134 elegantly furnished guest rooms including exquisite grand suites featuring panoramic view of the lush green valley and the lake. Suites, Deluxe Rooms, Superior Rooms, Handicap Rooms, Smoking & Non-Smoking Rooms. The Rooms are much more spacious than standard hotel rooms. They have larger beds and are fitted with the finest en-suite amenities.Ramada Powai Hotel & Convention Centre also offers wide variety & array of choice MICE activities including from residential conference;Wedding events;product launch,etc.We are first hotel in India to serve ZERO TRANS FAT FOOD;also we have swimming pool which is chlorine free (as Ozone generators to filter & clean the pool).To add to its attraction we have an Open Air Restaurant named "Skky" serving Pan Asian Cuisine & is open from 5pm to 01am.We also have a "UNO BAR" open from 12pm to 01am.Located 6 kms. from the International Airport and 10 kms from the Domestic Airport the property is conveniently located near Hiranandani Gardens, SEEPZ, Bombay Exhibition Centre, NSE Grounds, L&T and MIDC . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Powai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Hotel Palm Grove Mumbai