“Only if it is a must ...”

Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #59 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had stayed three nights in July 2014 in this property because my company organized an event here, so it was the most convenient option.

Before you blame that I am just a foreigner with all those high expectations, I must say I am traveling around in India for the last 7-8 years, and typically found my accommodations pretty OK.

However here I had multiple issues.

First the location is terrible. Yes, there might be some "lush gardens" around the hotel but what you have beyond that is not very inviting for a walk or getting out to local restaurant. Also it took just too long to get there from the domestic airport, some more than 90 minutes when we arrived.

This was the only hotel in the past 10 years where I had to ask my bed linen to be changed upon arrival ... It was simply dirty and looked anything but white ... Cleanness was an issue overall in the room, grey towels you do not want to touch your face, army of dead insects in the bathroom lamp-shell....

There are some renovation/reconstruction works ongoing as well, but at least those did not disturb me, other than I've had a huge mounting in front of my window.

Some of the service I've received was the only thing that saved the day, people tried to be polite and helpful. However in many cases I've had the impression those kids are really under the age of legal employment ... of course it is good if they have a job, but yeah, difficult to judge which is the right way ... If the barman puts the straw in his mouth before serving it to you with a cocktail ... you can loose you trust fairly quickly that this is the right place.

Overall, I would not come back here again, and accordingly would advise others as well to investigate options in the neighborhood if they need to stay in Powai.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

I'm sorry to hear your about your most recent stay and dismayed by the level of dissatisfaction created. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team.

As a hotel we have been around for sometime and have been well received by many as you can personally review on many of the sites online. We may not be perfect, however we have every intention of taking constructive feedback and working on improving ourselves.

Distance from domestic airport is only 10 km but in Mumbai travel time depend what time of the day you travel because of road traffic.With respect to the doubt about the employees age ;all our employees associated fulfill the criteria of legal age on employment.

Your comments on cleanliness & hygiene issue with the room is not lost and we will revisit this with the sections concerned.

It would be wishful thinking on our part to expect you back, however we would still hope for that opportunity. We have every intention of righting our wrongs and leaving you with better memories .

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Last minute travel to Powai, I had no choice but to stick to this place for 5 days as other hotels were completely booked. Though informed about the duration of stay, on the 3rd day I was requested to vacate. They were adamant and after a long discussion and informing that I was a travel blogger, finally got my room extended to 5 days. The reservations kept calling to my room even after informing them that they were disturbing my 9 month old baby's sleep. The breakfast menu has no variety and the attenders dont even care if there were no fork, spoon or glass of water. I went out for dinner as food was not good. All other places I have stayed, 5D/6N gets a room upgrade or a better service but here other than constant calls from reservation, I had nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rsnbr
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for this feedback.

We apologies for not having rooms available for extension at the initial stages . Its because of a full house situation wherein the city & our hotel had been sold out,as mentioned in your communication itself. As a hotel policy we have to wait for any last moment cancellations to happen for confirmed bookings then only we can do the extension of in house guest.and It is always advisable to pre-book your room as per duration of stay during making of reservation only, to guarantee the same at the time of check-in.

We reiterate this in all our correspondence and booking confirmations that go out to all our guests.

Your review will be shared with the team. There is much to learn.

We accept it humbly and will address the gaps highlighted.We do hope to see you again and assure you of being better hosts next time around.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was great Staying at Ramada ...really a homely place...hospitality amazing...room service awesome...overall a great experience . Besides Powai Lake ... picturesque View...Go for food outside ..A la Carte little overpriced.

Room Tip: GO for A standard Room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a amazing review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to read your feedback.

The title of the review itself has brought a smile on each one of us. Your words of praise for our services, offerings has encouraged us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We would like to assure a wonderful experience on all your visits. The entire team at Ramada Powai Mumbai looks forward to serve you again and again!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at Ramada powai for 3 days. I didn't see any shortfalls so here are the positives-
- Clean & tidy room.
- Friendly staff.
- No disturbances from housekeeping.
- value for money (only if you get offers like monsoon offer :) )
Couple of points of improvement -
- AC made quite a noise in my room and also it seems the temperature was not well regulated (it had hot and cold cycle of 30 minutes - strange but true).
- Food is costly (looking at the quantity they serve).
- Surroundings of hotel is not so great but hotel has a seren environment which is my favourite.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is good to know that your overall stay with us was at par with your expectations. We are pleased to know that you found the room clean;staff friendly and you liked our value for money offer-Monsoon Offer.
Having said this, we regret the inconvenience caused to you while staying with us with respect to the air conditioning noise & temperature.Kindly be assure that this is one off occurrence at the hotel and hope that your experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we will look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is an economical option for the services it offers. The rooms are nice and the hotel itself feels very open and airy. However, the location of the hotel is not too great. Although, food is good and the staff is exceptionally nice. If you are looking for a comfortable stay at a decent price without being too finicky about the location, Ramada should be a suitable choice1

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for this feedback.

It's good to know that you found value in our offering and your overall stay went of well. We couldn't be more pleased.
We are extremely happy to read your words of praise for our Room;food and staff exceptional behavior.

We wish you the very best and look forward to many more visits.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Although I thought the hotel is placed in an odd location, I like the way it is done up. Very beautiful ambience, you feel like you are in a different world altogether. I loved the service at the hotel. The staff was extremely kind and caring. I fell sick during my stay but they took great care of me. Made sure I was provided medicines, food whatever assistance I wanted. Really appreciate their willingness to help as I was a single woman staying at the hotel. I was truly touched. I called them at 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning.. Asked for food and they made sure I got what I wanted. Thank you very very much for all the love you gave me :-) Team Ramada Mumbai

• Stayed: June 2014
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write an amazing review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to read your feedback.

The title of the review itself has brought a smile on each one of us. Your words of praise for our service and staff attitude has encouraged us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We would like to assure you a wonderful experience on all your future visits. The entire team at Ramada Powai Mumbai looks forward to serve you again and again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent Rooms.
Road connectivity is poor.
Quality of manpower is pathetic. They told me that swimming pool is open till 7 PM when the booklet in the room said that it was open till 9.30 PM. When confronted the person at the reception said that there will be no life guard after 7 PM. In front of me another guest picked up a fight with the person serving in the restaurant because he abused a guest.
Excellent swimming pool with sufficient space and good quality water.
Food was less than average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Ramada Powai,Mumbai; it is our goal to provide consistent and top-notch services to all our guests.

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Your valuable feedback regarding information handling has been discussed with the team. I would like to assure a better experience next time.

We do hope that you treat this incident as an aberration from us usual standards. Please feel at ease to contact me on your next visit. I will personally look after all the aspects of your stay.

The entire team at Ramada Powai Mumbai looks forward to serve you again!