“Simply the best eating experience in India”
Review of Royal China

Royal China
Ranked #556 of 14,722 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My criteria for a great dining experience are good food, great service and a fantastic ambience. Royal China meets them all with style. I have been eating here since it opened maybe in 2006 (?) No one makes dim sum like they do,period. Over time I have found the service to be way beyond what I have found in the last 30 years. We were there for lunch on Thursday 17 July. We opted for the dim sum lunch. On many occasions one lady comes to take our order and she just smiles and writes down what she knows we will ask for. We exchange pleasantries and the food arrives. The restaurant always goes the extra mile to accommodate our requests. This time too we got the soups of our choice and even after pleading for small portions we could not finish what they served us.
I cannot imagine life in Bandra without this iconic restaurant.
Their dim sum, tenderloin in red chilly, the pan fried noodles with vegetables are the best I have eaten in India (or anywhere else). Dim sum worth mentioning are seafood and chilly oil, sesame paper wrapped prawns, prawn and chive, baked pork puffs, a long steamed chicken dim sum (Cheun fan?) Actually start at the top of the menu and eat your way down in about 20 visits.

1  Thank rudetravel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good variety on the menu and well done dim sums !The Main course has a good vegetarian selection as well which is a plus in asian restaurants .

Reviewed 23 May 2014

i must say my first impression of the place was wow....
we sat down to order our starters ...chicken satay and prawn sesame toast!
chicken satay was a bit over fried as its side were burnt and the prawn sesame toast hadn't been cooked well enough! both the starters had dips but the one served with the toast just didn't make sense!
the main course more than made up for the starters ....the chilly beef and steam rice was yum and so was the prawn schezwan .
we had a very sweet and helpful manager Hasmukh who was more than ready to help us choose are food as the waiters and the other staff were clueless !
had a soft corner for the place as i was told the owners are bawajis and me being one too i was willing to overlook their faults !

Reviewed 13 April 2014

On our first visit to Royal China I wasn't massively impressed. The food was ok, but not great. I'm glad we gave it another try, as each subsequent visit has not disappointed.
The delivery service is fab too.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Love the ambience and the food here. Have been a frequent visitor since 2010. And the one dish to try here over any other place in Mumbai is the duck. Absolutely magnificent.

And for the Bollywood crazy, this would be an interesting place since you never know who's gonna be sitting next to you. Could be Salman Khan or Ranbir Kapoor and family or any of a slew of other stars who like going there.