“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

When we arrived, we received an ostentatious welcome - with garlands :). Our room was really huge! During the night we have one more roommate - not so small lizard. But luckily it didn't eat us ;) The staff was a little bit too pushy.
There was also a swimming pool on the hotel grounds, but we didn't have a time to use it.
The hotel restaurant was very cosy, restaurant staff was really nice and food was tasty (even if mild version of dishes was so spicy that my eyes was running - but that's the way indian food should be! :)).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Nice and clean "family" hotel with extremely helpful and polite personel. With quite a good and tasty food. Next time being in Jaipur would definitely stay in it again. Mr. Singh was very polite and helpful when my wife had some problems with her stomach.
Just, I'd recommend the hotel management to make smth with air conditioners because at night it was rather cool.

• Stayed July 2011
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

We discovered this Gem of hotel in Feb 2010 through online search. I got better rate, got upgraded to better room not because rooms in my category were full but the owner Vijay wanted us to experience their better rooms. He in fact allowed us to choose the room.

I revisited this place in Oct 2010, when I visited again with my friends. My review is based on these two visits. This place consistently score high in offering best of their services. Courteous hospitality and personal touch in service is their hallmark. As a guest you are welcome to this lovely villa - which also doubles as residence of the owner. Staff is courteous and helpful - adjusts to your demands and special needs. For e.g. on a fine morning they can arrange breakfast by pool side.

Rooms are well appointed and are spacious . Don't expect central aircon, hidden lights in false roofing etc.. but they are like what I said well appointed and spacious.

They had just started swimming pool, have free w-fi. Owner Vijay a gaming enthusiast can provide you game box I guess psp on demand for free. He is very helpful and is well verse with local businesses and history and is ready help on anything you want in Jaipur, whether its jewellery, dresses, eating joints .

Net I simply loved the place, people and service they provide and values that they stand by, Recommend this place to folks who want to visit an oasis in hustle bustle of Jaipur and enjoy great service level in this lovely boutique hotel

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Short and sweet: Amazing, fantastic, worthy!

One of my best stay in India.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

It felt great to stay at Sugan Niwas, really felt like home. I have traveled to many parts of this country and not often would I be satisfied with the services.
I came to know about this resort online and it was worth spending that time and the money. Never have I seen somebody being so generous that they would pass on there personal contact numbers whether I being staying there or when I left the place.

They really made me feel like home. They called while I was on the way to that place, and even while staying there they were concerned as to where we go and did give us fair Ideas as to which place to visit and how to commute. It was more than a personal touch.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends, and if I visit the place (which is already on the cards) I would definitely take up the same place.

I also wanted to thank Geetika and Vijay for there courteousness during our stay at the hotel.

Regards
Mr.Bhat.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

Sugan Niwas Palace is an excellent place to relax and unwind after a hectic work day schedule. My very short business trip to Jaipur was made extra special on account of the courtsey and warmth offered by everyone associated with Sugan Niwas Palace. The staff , the owners- Mr Arun Singh, Mr Geetika Singh and Mr Vijay Singh are pleasant people to be around and splendidly gracious hosts as well! They went out of the way to make my stay as comfortable as possible, which I truly appreciate. Since I was also fasting for Navratras, special care was taken to prepare my meals.
My room was beautiful and very well kept. The place overall has a very charming look about it with quaint surroundings, a great swimming pool, and thoughtfully done interiors. And there are Peacocks as well!! Lots of them! :)
Being close to the Sindhi camp / central Bus station at Jaipur, this place has an added advantage. I would recommend this place to anyone who is planning a trip to Jaipur and would love to go back there again, myself.
Cheers :)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel is more like a house turned hotel. the rooms are average and are not worth the tariff charged, one can instead stay in a proper 3 to 4 star hotel with proper facilities instead for the same price.

The breakfast is barely anything and not inclusive in the tariff. Its insipid and unappealing. Just eggs and toast!!

When we booked the rooms we were told that the standard rooms were fully booked and hence we had to go for the deluxe rooms. The deluxe rooms were quite sub standard. During stay the staff informed us that there were no guests at that point of time.

The staff of three was courteous and around all the time, probably since there were no other guests.

When one goes on a holiday one does not expect to have to deal with faulty geysers, non functional air conditioners and insects.

The bathrooms are terrible and flood when used since the shower area was not demarcated.

Never Again.