“Very pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed 3 nights in this beautifull hotel. Mr Vijay, very welcoming and helpful, upgraded us to a magic suite after a water problem in the first room.

All the staff is very kind, the food of the restaurant is tasty and the swimminpool is very nice.

The place to stay peacefully in Jaipur...!

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mathieu S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at Sugan Niwas Palace for 2 nights. The hotel is an elegant old building (probably from the early 1900's) and they have done well to maintain the charm of the period with the room decor and furnishings. When you go through the front gates you leave the madness of the busy streets of Jaipur behind and step into a peaceful oasis.

On arrival we were met by Vijay - who made us feel most welcome and was so helpful. One of our group had some trouble with the stairs - so Vijay moved (and upgraded) them to a room at the rear of the hotel adjacent to the pool. (10 out of 10 for Vijay).

The restaurant within the Hotel was excellent and the waiters were so eager to please. We had breakfast included in our tariff, and also elected to eat our evening meals there too.

The hotel is a little way out of the center of Jaipur - but a short tuk tuk ride got us there for a reasonable price. There is a convenience store next door to the hotel which was great to buy bottled water and snacks for our day trips.

We will definitely stay at Sugan Niwas Palace next time we are in Jaipur.

Room Tip: Email the hotel and ask them about the room types and availability - I am sure Vijay will do his bes...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

When we arrived, we received an ostentatious welcome - with garlands :). Our room was really huge! During the night we have one more roommate - not so small lizard. But luckily it didn't eat us ;) The staff was a little bit too pushy.
There was also a swimming pool on the hotel grounds, but we didn't have a time to use it.
The hotel restaurant was very cosy, restaurant staff was really nice and food was tasty (even if mild version of dishes was so spicy that my eyes was running - but that's the way indian food should be! :)).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Nice and clean "family" hotel with extremely helpful and polite personel. With quite a good and tasty food. Next time being in Jaipur would definitely stay in it again. Mr. Singh was very polite and helpful when my wife had some problems with her stomach.
Just, I'd recommend the hotel management to make smth with air conditioners because at night it was rather cool.

• Stayed July 2011
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

We discovered this Gem of hotel in Feb 2010 through online search. I got better rate, got upgraded to better room not because rooms in my category were full but the owner Vijay wanted us to experience their better rooms. He in fact allowed us to choose the room.

I revisited this place in Oct 2010, when I visited again with my friends. My review is based on these two visits. This place consistently score high in offering best of their services. Courteous hospitality and personal touch in service is their hallmark. As a guest you are welcome to this lovely villa - which also doubles as residence of the owner. Staff is courteous and helpful - adjusts to your demands and special needs. For e.g. on a fine morning they can arrange breakfast by pool side.

Rooms are well appointed and are spacious . Don't expect central aircon, hidden lights in false roofing etc.. but they are like what I said well appointed and spacious.

They had just started swimming pool, have free w-fi. Owner Vijay a gaming enthusiast can provide you game box I guess psp on demand for free. He is very helpful and is well verse with local businesses and history and is ready help on anything you want in Jaipur, whether its jewellery, dresses, eating joints .

Net I simply loved the place, people and service they provide and values that they stand by, Recommend this place to folks who want to visit an oasis in hustle bustle of Jaipur and enjoy great service level in this lovely boutique hotel

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Short and sweet: Amazing, fantastic, worthy!

One of my best stay in India.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

It felt great to stay at Sugan Niwas, really felt like home. I have traveled to many parts of this country and not often would I be satisfied with the services.
I came to know about this resort online and it was worth spending that time and the money. Never have I seen somebody being so generous that they would pass on there personal contact numbers whether I being staying there or when I left the place.

They really made me feel like home. They called while I was on the way to that place, and even while staying there they were concerned as to where we go and did give us fair Ideas as to which place to visit and how to commute. It was more than a personal touch.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends, and if I visit the place (which is already on the cards) I would definitely take up the same place.

I also wanted to thank Geetika and Vijay for there courteousness during our stay at the hotel.

Regards