“Elegance”

Ranked #84 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Quebec
“Elegance”
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We spent two nights in this lovely hotel in Jaipur. The lobby and garden are exquisite and room elegantly decorated. Vijay is an excellent host who made us feel very welcome. We had a good chat with his father who shared his family history with us. We will certainly return to this "palace" on our next trip to Jaipur.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This place was recommended via my previous guesthouse host in Delhi. It is a stunning heritage hotel, very welcoming and friendly. And Vijay, the host, was amazingly helpful in planning my time in jaipur! He also made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful, with an old-world charm. oh, and there are peacocks outside!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This hotel was recommended by a friend in Delhi. I arrived in Jaipur at 4.40am and was met by the driver that had been organised by the hotel. The Palace is truly that, it a gorgeous building with luscious decor and attentive staff. I don't want to leave! My stay was too brief, I would definitely recommend the Palace for other tourists, and will myself endeavor to return to this lovely place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
GZ, China
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I stayed two nights at Sugan Niwas Palace with my friends who are all from China, and I must say it was the most memorable stay I every experienced in India.

It is a boutique heritage hotel. The room type we chose are Dluxe Rooms, which are exclusively furnished and have very beautiful view.

The employees are really firendly. They showed us great hospitality during our stay,for example, they gave us the Indian traditional welcome which is fabulous and memorable.

The restaurant is great, we did enjoy the food. The cook is nice and he can prepare some special dishes according to guest's request.

Overall, my friends and I loved Sugan Niwas palace, we felt safe and comfortable here. Very beautiful hotel and VERY friendly staff. I think we'll be there again if we visit Jaipur in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2009

A beautiful elegant building with family still living there. We changed our rooms from those originally allocated. The building was converted into an hotel some years ago and is in need of an update - especially the bathrooms. The cleaning appeared to be carried out by young men and whilst not wishing to be sexist I think they could definitely do with a little female touch or supervision - the net curtain on the bathroom window was black and the table tops were never wiped. However the room was adequate.
The best bit was the garden and the restaurant. Wonderful friendly waiters serving excellent food with humour and pride.
Despite its shortcomings we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2009

The building and gardens are pretty and the location good. However, the rooms need to be cleaned and painted and the bathrooms cleaned and updated. Not at all impressed with cleanliness of rooms.
The family staff are friendly and the restaurant breakfast was pleasant. I would not have dinner there.
I would look for a better place next time.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Waldbroel
Reviewed 1 February 2009

A family run buiseness always gives you a different kind of stay. here in Sugan Niwas you have a round stay with always present family members who want you to feel home. Very cosy and lovely rooms, each different, a sweet garden, friendly staff excellent and real good coffe makes me feel staying longer.
Best value!

• Liked — Helpfull "always" there family who run the buiseness
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2009