“good place”
Review of Krishna Palace

Krishna Palace
Ranked #79 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A good suggested place from Agra. We stayed for 2 night in a budget room with nice painting work with of course high speed free wifi.. The restaurant is good at night with nice city view.. A good stay in all...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cengi9090

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was in room 107.. Dirty filthy room. It has a variety of insects.

There was no hot water in the bathroom. The staff lie to customers. They initially said that I need to leave the tap running for sometime. The lady at the reception then said that there is no hot water for my room. Though that was very strange but did didn't want to create a scene. The owner then said to me that they have a huge 5000 litres overhead tank and making the water hot costs him too much money!!!!

Bathroom has lizards. Rooms infested with mosquitoes. Walls are in extremely poor condition. The room was not ready when i reached the hotel and so I was offered a cup of tea. I was charged for the cup of tea in my final bill.. Horrible customer service

Please have a look at these photos and you will not regret like I did by booking this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Clarence_Aarav
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We, a group of four, arrived at 11pm for one night. The staff was quick, but our room for "four" was one doublebed and two mattresses on the floor, which was quite a disappointment. Also, I couldn't figure out how does the flush work, which caused a lot of stress at night.
The room itself was beautiful, truly Rajasthan style with lots of details. I would recommend this for a romantic stay.
The food was below average and the restaurant was under renovation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Krishna Palace was a lovely hotel, definitely one of the nicest places we stayed at in India. The manager was very helpful & provided tips & advice on places to visit, & unlike other hotels he was doing this for our benefit, not to get commission for himself. There was building work happening while we stayed, but we wouldn’t have noticed if not told. The hotel is close enough to walk to the train station, & we walked around the neighbourhood at night without concern. I would recommend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcelstolp09
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel by Indian standards! Very safe, although the neighbourhood at night is not to be trusted. Staff is the BEST. So kind and helpful.

I rented a car with them to see the city for 1000 and I would recommend it to anyone. Totally worth the money.

Power goes out sometimes but usually late at night....

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BlakeTravels
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A friend and I stayed her for a few nights and though it was in the heat of June, we had a wonderful time! Clean rooms, quiet at night, felt safe and the staff was so helpful! Try the Egg Noodles with veg - delicious!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank aevans66706
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I think the Guest House is overrated, and in fact this isn't any 'Guest' house, as you don't feel treated like one. I checked in with my family on 13th July evening, and we booked 2 rooms. Here's the series of episodes that made me check out at 10 AM next day morning, cancelling my booking for the remaining two days.
1. I booked two rooms, and they gave me one. After some struggle they gave us two rooms, one on ground floor and another on third. That's for a family!
2. This place is managed by a family and servants. The family stays on the ground floor, with almost no privacy to guests.
3. One phase of electricity went off at night and then didn't return by the time I am writing this post. I had to vacate my room after multiple reminders.
4. The water pump was connected to the gone electricity phase, and by 830 AM, water was out! We were rationed buckets of water.
5. When I said I want to check out, the owner said "One has to live with problem. That's life". Sir, I am better off at a Dharamshala if that's what I have to bear, and not book in a hotel.

Overall I am disgusted, waiting for a taxi to take me to my next hotel. I strongly recommend against staying at this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family