“Do not fall for commission hunters!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heritage Hotel Vaishnavi

Heritage Hotel Vaishnavi
Ranked #104 of 372 Hotels in Jaipur
Bremen, Germany
“Do not fall for commission hunters!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The one and only time I followed the urging of a tuktuk driver in India, only because the hotel I had booked appeared to be 40km away from Jaipur. So instead of bringing me to the place I had looked up in the Lonely Planet and taking advantage of my still being upset about the scam with this first hotel the driver most strongly recommended this hotel.
The "heritage" is a kitsch place imitating tradition. The room was ok by shape and furnishing. The service is bad. I complained because there was no water in the bathroom but the owner told me it would be fixed immediately. So I went to have a first impression of the city. When I came back three hours later nothing had happened. Eventually someone turned up and opened a valve in the bathroom, triumphantly he showed me the water running. I asked " shower?" Yes! I tried, no water! In the end they had blocked all the pipes, because none of the taps were tight and once opened the water kept dripping! The sockets were so bad that they ruined my Apple power adapter so I had to find an Apple dealer to buy a new one. Meanwhile I had to load my Ipad somehow and the manager connected it to his computer. When I had waited desperately for four hours it turned out nothing had happened.
On the way to the railway station I declined to pay 100 rupees to the same driver when it had only been 50 when I came. He smiled and said but when he brought me he had the commission on top of the fare! Reading the other reviews here I realized that this is the way this place gets its clients. I do not think this a decent practice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place is okay, but the service was poor and very slow! Every time we ordered anything or asked for some help (as toiletpaper), it took minimum 30 minutes! even a single pot of tea will easily take 40 minutes, i think its because they are lazy - they seem pretty dazed and even a bit high or drunk! Rooms were ok, but really dirty toilets.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Jaipur hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 nights. The room I got was ok, not the dirtiest I goten. That sad my fan did not stop when I was going to sleep so I asked them for help. The guy took 15 min to find out he could not fix it. They offered my outer room, that was discussing! Efter staying there 10 min and my fealing for them got worse and worse I left the room. they eventually fixed the fan in the old room and I slept there.

The auto drivers.

There main business is not the commission. But the day to days after, the max price is 500. never 1000 like some demands. 300-500 is expensive but ok. They treat the restaurant as there own and their clients... They can be rude, sexist and try every thing to guilt you in taking a trip with them.

Recommend you try asking the kitchen staf what they think of them!

No means no. If you are a girl and they come inappropriate tell them they dont get any money if they dont behave. either they will or be rude. And that only works if they have some money to make.

if you want a quiet place stay somewhere else, if the auto drivers annoy you stay somewhere else.

Tired and just need a place to crass stay at there nicer rooms, if they dont have a decent room available go look just at the street.

Need to see the city in a day use the auto driver, just by anything in the over expensive shop.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Do not be scammed in by your tuk tuk driver to stay here. The place is filthy, the staff are dodgy and it was our worst stay in India. The receptionist blatantly lied to us by telling us he had booked a tourist bus to Pushkar, and we were to pay 700 R to him up front. I was skeptical so didn't pay, and sure enough there was no booking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We are not very picky, we travel with a budget that allows us to pay round 300 per room, so we've seen bad, but this place was the worst in all India.

Why?
The mattress was like sleeping in marble WHEN you could sleep, because there was a bunch of drunk tourists that keep yelling and making noise untill 5 am (2/3 nights we stay there) and when they finally pass out, the staff started making noise and yelling at 8 am, so it was a nightmare. If you want to rest, dont stay here.

Is walking distance from the train station, but is far from everything, there is no much places to eat round there and the restaurant of the hotel is crazy expensive.

The toilet was ok, but it smelled like something was dead in there.

The staff smile a few times, and they try to shut up the drunk tourists, but they dont really care, they just wanted me to shut up.

I dont recommend this to anyone.
And...be carefull with the rickshaw guys at the train station! They took us here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Kudos to cleartrip and trip advisor to rate this kind of hotels and suggest while booking. Room condition was pathetic no clean toilets no clean,hygiene facility blanket are torn no wifi at room limited safety no security even not recommended for enemies I wish tripadvisor and clear trip should take some strong action on this before rate and display on their site.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Priyabrata S
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We also got taken to Vaishnavi by our tuktuk driver but we enjoyed our stay there.. A little bit expensive for the room as it wasn't the nicest place we have stayed but we were comfortable enough and enjoyed the company of the staff. It wasnt a bad experience though.. Just average.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends