“Great hotel away from the hustle and bustle”
Review of Suryaa Villa

Suryaa Villa
Ranked #37 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotels location was great being slightly away from the city centre. Having said that we caught Autos' from outside the hotel and it was easy and we managed to get all over the city. The hotel rooms are very large and adequately furnished. The hotel dining was also very good and the waiters were very good and helpful. On our last evening there were traditions Rajasthani dancers and musicians playing which was very unique.

Room Tip: If possible select a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jas B

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel was very comfortable and very economical also. The hospitality of the staff was courteous and good. Rooms was clean and tidy. Food we did not have, so no comments on that. Just that in the end, at the time of check out, no one will be there to help you to keep your luggage in d car, even after you give d tip to d waiters.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Staff (especially Satyendr, Kuldeep, and others) and proprietors Suryaa and Suman welcomed me back like an old friend. I'd stayed here nine days in January 2013, seven this year. It's a short ride or walk to the Diggi Palace Hotel, site of the Jaipur Literature Festival. There's nowhere else I want to go more. Roomy, clean, comfortable junior suite, reasonably priced, is great. I love the breakfast buffet, available when there's a sufficient number of guests. It was wedding season. Hotels next door and all around were festive and lovely to look at, but wearing earplugs to bed was necessary. One doesn't like to complain about that. My driver Ayub Khan, who drove me to Jodhpur, was kind, patient, and understanding, especially when I made him late by leaving behind a bag (something I'd never done in all my travels). I so appreciated Suryaa sending a driver to meet us halfway when we turned back. My driver (so sorry, I don't remember his name) who regularly took me to Diggi Palace and to Clarks Amer Hotel for the JLF evening dinner and music stages, was helpful and great. Sultan, the dog, is an extra treat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The first sight of Suryaa in the authentic - read grubby as usual - neighborhood is unexpected for the beauty of its grounds and the rooms inside, named after birds, are a delight. Spotlessly clean, well appointed and very comfortable, including the large bathroom. The beds were soft and large, and warm in the cool nights. The staff were wonderful. The restaurant was lovely and the service excellent though perhaps it bears note, for what it's worth, that one thing we didn't know and dared to order - stuffed potatoes - was not palatable to us; we couldn't eat it but were charged. Well, we did order it! everything else was great; breakfast very limited though. The hotel grounds and room were blessedly quiet in the bustle of the city. There is a large construction site nearby, 200m or so; no work seemed to be done on it while we were there but it might create a noise nuisance at some point - it bears inquiring. There is a pretty, small pool by the restaurant that we didn't try, the weather being too cool.

Room Tip: Second-floor rooms have a gorgeous patio to sit outside and relax.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great hotel with wonderful staff. All the facilities that you might need in a beautiful authentic environment. It is a pity we couldn't charge the meals to the room as the restaurant was independent. Was a little difficult for our driver to find as there was no obvious external signage

• Stayed: February 2014
DhananjaySingh_1084, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I was really pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay with us and really liked the staff and environment. However I most concerned about experience at our restaurant where we were not able to charge your meals to the room as this is facility is extended to all our in-house guests. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff members concerned. With the feedback we have largely received from our tripadvisor we have installed neon light sign boards for directions to our hotel at key locations.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Suryaa Villa truly is.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

nice place in jaipur quiet and have a nice room there.the staff so helpful .and the room have special decoration.and easy to go out.and the price is good for traveller .
restaurant have many indian food for u to choice ,restaurant also a good place for travel to relex and talk with friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pinky H
DhananjaySingh_1084, General Manager at Suryaa Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Suryaa VIlla. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the rajasthani artistic decoration of the rooms. I am happy to know you enjoyed the various Indian delacies that prepared by our chef's at our restaurant and found it to be a relaxing place to talk with friends.

Please do come and visit us again soon.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Suryaa villa is one of the best hotel one can find in jaipur. It is away from crowd and feel like in home. Rooms are clean,large and comfortable. Toilets are large and clean. All rooms are beutifully named.Value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. As you mentioned you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the cleanliness of the rooms & bathrooms followed by service which I was pleased to read met with your expectations. I have passed on your feedback to my brilliant team and really do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

My kindest regards,